Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent Calendar-All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Dec. 7 as well as the Budget Workshop held on Nov. 9, 2009, the special meeting on Nov. 30 and the Budget Public Hearing held on Dec. 14 as distributed.
B. Approval of Licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's Licenses - 58 Renewals.
2. Second-Hand Automobile Licenses - 2 Renewals.
3. Garbage Hauler Licenses - 1 Renewal.
C. Department Reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to Council.
2. Police Chief's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
3. Finance Director's report distributed to Mayor and Council on Dec. 14 (Budget Meeting).
D. Fire Department - 2010 Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Grant - Authorize Signatures.
E. Police Department - Officer Joel Reed - Complete one-year Probation - Change Employment Status from "Probationary" to "Regular" - Adjust pay to the "2nd Year Officer" Rate - $4,286.03/month - Effective Dec. 15.
5. Approval of Bills and Transfer of Funds - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
6. Unfinished business.
A. Brainerd Public Utilities.
2010 Operating and Capital Budget
Brooks/Rothenberger Property Purchase Agreement
B. Continued Public Hearing - Proposed Assessments - Improvement 05-01 - College Drive Reconstruction.
C. 2010 Budget and Levy - Adoption of Levy Resolution and 2010 Budget.
7. Planning Commission.
A. Variance - T&B Pawn Shop, 515 Washington Street - Off-Street Parking Requirements.
B. Coffee Bean Roasting in B-2 Neighborhood Business Zones - Adoption of Resolution.
8. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor
B - City Attorney
C - City Administrator
D - City Engineer
E - City Planner
F - Police Chief
G - Finance Director
10. Council Committee Reports.
A - Safety and Public Works Committee.
B - Personnel and Finance Committee.
C - Other Committees.
11. Call for applicants.
A. Cable TV Advisory Committee - One term to expire Jan. 1, 2013.
B. Economic Development Authority - One term to expire Sept. 7, 2014.
C. Charter Commission - One term to expire Jan. 1, 2011
D. Parks and Recreation Board - One term to expire Jan. 1, 2014
Personnel and Finance Committee agenda
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall Conference Room
1. Approval of Bills and Transfer of Funds - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
2. Fund Transfer.
EDA Revolving Loan Fund Transfer - EDA Recommends.
3. Employee Settlements.
IBEW Local No. 31 (BPU Employees) - Adopt resolution.
Department Heads and Non-Union Supervisors - Adopt resolution.
Parks Maintenance Employees to Receive Classification Pay when performing Street and Sewer Department Duties - Winter Months of 2009 and 2010 Only - Approve MOU
4. Request for reimbursement of Medical Insurance Premiums through Social Security for the time period of October 2006 through September 2009 - Mayor Wallin.
5. Willows/Brainerd Oaks TIF Pooling Study - Status of.
6. Fire Inspector - Annual Review.
7. BAHA/Arena Advertising Fee - Discussion of.
8. Police Department Phone System.
9. Brainerd Public Utilities.
2010 Operating and Capital Budget (Refer to PUC Budget Document distributed to Council)
Brooks/Rothenberger Property Purchase Agreement.
10. Police Department - Officer Joel Reed - Complete one-year probation - Change employment status from "Probationary" to "Regular" - Adjust Pay to the "2nd Year Officer" Rate - $4,286.03/month - Effective Dec. 15.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 5:30 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. 2009 Bond Issue - Excess Proceeds - discussion of.
2. Transfer of funds - discussion of.
3. Sidewalk Information - discussion of.
4. Improvement 05-01 - College Drive Reconstruction - status of.
5. Downtown Parking Lots.
6. Improvement 05-28 - Downtown Reconstruction.
A. Clean-up Check List
B. Sidewalk and Building Repair - Dutch Room
7. CLC Response Related to Special Assessment.
8. Downtown Maintenance Cost Estimate.
9. Stimulus Project Discussion.
10. Authorize Application for DNR Local Trail Grant.
11. BPU 2010 Capital Program.
Little Falls School Board
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
Morrison County Government Center
213 Southeast First Ave., Little Falls
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of agenda.
4.1. State swim participants and coaches.
4.2. State cross country participant and coach.
5. Approve band trip - Spring 2011.
6. Truth in Taxation presentation.
7. Public comments.
8. Consent agenda.
8.2. Approval of prior meeting minutes.
8.3. Presentation of bills for payment.
8.4. Anonymous donation.
8.5. Donation from Brutscher family.
8.6. Donation from Dr. John Weber family.
8.7. Donation from Pine Country Bank.
8.8. Donation from Wells Fargo Matching gift program.
8.9. Donation from Zion Lutheran Church.
8.10. Accept grant from Healthy Communities Collaborative.
8.11. Second reading/approval of MSBA policy updates.
8.12. Approval of MSBA policy updates with non-substantive changes.
8.13. Approval of MSBA policy updates to Policy 503.
9. Reports from board members.
10. Superintendent's report.
11. Old or unfinished business
11.1. Approval of EMLF Seniority List.
11.2. Reduction of rental on leased property.
11.2.1. Land lease agreement for Scott Doroff.
11.2.2. Land leases agreement for Eric Smude.
12. New business
12.1. Approval of MSEA Business Office Clerks' employee agreement 2008-11.
12.2. Approval of QZAB Bond Sale Resolution.
12.3. Approval of QSCB Bond Sale Resolution.
12.4. Set Jan. 11, 2010, 6 p.m. for next board meeting.
12.5. Proposed 2010 board meeting schedule.
12.6. Certify tax levy.
12.7. Race to the top grant opportunity.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.