7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the consent agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the consent agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approval of council minutes of Dec. 7 and Joint Council/Utilities Commission minutes of Dec. 15.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Dec. 15
1. Approve consistent posting of 30 mph signs or Knollwood Drive from Highway 210 to County Road 48 due to Mr. Lester's request and Forestview Middle School opening.
2. Accept the 2004 Cragun's Audubon Way Improvement Project contigent on all developer fees paid in full and as-built drawings cost.
3. Adopt Ordinance No. 2004-23 updating non-user fees.
4. Approve the MacNeil Environmental Proposal for 2005, 2006 and 2007 at a cost of $1,800 per year.
5. Approve the Water Treatment Land Purchase Agreement from Potlatch in the amount of $170,000 with funding coming from WAC funds.
6. Award the 2004 Water Treatment Plant Clearing and Grubbing quote to Tom's Backhoe Services in the amount of $8,612.50.
7. Uphold denying the request from The Lodge at Brainerd Lakes regarding SAC and WAC fees based on the fact that the city needs the funding because of the pending wastewater issues and the new water treatment plant that is scheduled for 2005-2006.
8. Approve final pay estimate No. 2 in the amount of $5,748.12 for the 2003 Cottage Grove Drive Extension Improvement Project to Anderson Brothers Construction.
D. Accept Personnel and Police Commission minutes of Dec. 8.
E. Accept Long Range Planning Commission minutes of Dec. 9.
1. Accept the proposal from the Community Growth Institute to finish the city's comprehensive plan, and that the cost to finish it does not exceed $9,200.
2. Approve staff pursue applying for a $10,000 grant from The Initiative Foundation for offsetting expenses in finishing the Comprehensive Plan.
F. Accept Parks and Trails minutes of Dec. 13.
G. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Dec. 14.
H. Approve City of Baxter Right-of-way No. 4, Edgewood Drive.
I. Set interviews for community development director on Jan. 12, 2005, beginning at 6 p.m.
J. Adopt Ordinance No. 2004-22 regarding Right-of-way in subdivisions.
K. Accept the grant donation from Wal-Mart in the amount of $1,125.
L. Accept the grant donation from Center Point Energy in the amount of $2,000.
M. Assign Officer Ann Hunnicutt to Lakes Area Drug Investigative Division on a temporary basis pending a formal agreement be reached with the Crow Wing County Sheriff's Dept. and the Brainerd Police Dept.
N. Approve hiring Clayton Barg to the position of full-time officer with the Baxter Police Dept. beginning Jan. 3, 2005, at starting police officer pay.
O. Direct City Attorney to write amendment to Nuisance Ordinance 4-1-3 to have the same rules and restrictions as the State of Minnesota regarding gambling.
P. Adopt Ordinance 2004-24 implementing architectural standards in certain zoning districts.
Q. Approve purchase of five JOBZ signs for four city entrances and Industrial Park.
5. Pulled agenda items
6. Other business
A. Planning and Zoning actions
1. Approve the minor subdivision of Boggies Addition to Baxter with conditions.
2. Approve the CUP for multiple entrance signage for Family Chiropractic, 15574 Edgewood Drive with conditions.
3. Accept the withdrawal of CUP for outdoor sales and storage for Gander Mountain.
4. Refund $700 in park fees to Jon Main.
7. Public comments
9. Council comments
A. Mark Cross -- Industrial and Economic Development and other comments
B. Rosemary Franzen -- Parks and Recreation and other comments
C. Gary Muehlhausen -- Utilities, Personnel and Police and other mayoral comments
D. Darrel Olson -- Planning and zoning and other comments
E. Barb Wells -- Long Range Planning and other comments
10. City attorney
11. City administrator/staff report
12. Adjourn to closed meeting to discuss litigation regarding John Holmen and Dave Schultz.
Upcoming Crow Wing County meetings
5 p.m. Monday, Planning Commission and County board regarding Comprehensive Plan Implementation, Service Building meeting room 1.
8 a.m. Tuesday, Building and Grounds committee and CAM (Core Planning Group), CAM.
2 p.m. Wednesday, Open Bids -- Courthouse Remodel Phase One -- Elevator upgrades, Commissioners' room
County offices closed Dec. 24 for the Christmas holiday.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.