Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
The Baxter EDA will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 6:45 p.m. at the Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter.
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes of Dec. 3, 5 and 6.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Dec. 7.
1. Remove the SAC and WAC charges on the detached warehouse of Donahue Harley-Davidson only based no the findings of fact.
2. Approve receding, fertilizing and aeration of the ditch at 4655 Cedar Scenic Rd. in the spring to help establish grass and to aerate and fertilize the ditch area only each time the Parks recreation fields are done in 2006.
3. Deny the Mann Theater water bill request based on the fact that the city is not responsible for private sprinkler systems in city right-of-way.
4. Acknowledge the receipt of the Potlatch Highway 210 West improvements concept plan in order to meet the Dec. 1, 2005, deadline under the adequate facilities Ordinance #9-5-2.
5. Acknowledge the receipt of the Baxter Town Center, LLC Concept Plan in order to meet the Dec. 1 deadline under the adequate facilities Ordinance #9-5-2.
6. Acknowledge the receipt of The View at Rush Lake Phase II Concept Plan in order to meet the Dec. 1, deadline under the adequate facilities Ordinance #9-5-2.
7. Acknowledge the receipt of the Derek Taylor Inglewood Drive Concept Plan in order to meet the Dec. 1 deadline under the Adequate facilities Ordinance #9-5-2.
8. Acknowledge the receipt of the Travis Mills Development Concept Plan on Excelsior Road in order to meet the Dec. 1 deadline under the adequate facilities Ordinance #9-5-2.
9. Acknowledge the receipt of the Kitzman Property Concept Plan on Edgewood drive in order to meet the Dec. 1 deadline under the adequate facilities Ordinance #9-5-2.
10. Acknowledge the receipt of the Commerce Region of Baxter Concept Plan on Lake Forest Road in order to meet the Dec. 1 deadline under the adequate facilities Ordinance #9-5-2.
11. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services - Storm sewer mapping at an estimated cost of $16,500.
12. Approve partial pay estimate No. 7 to Tom's Backhoe Service in the amount of $83,829.72 for the 2005 Cherrywood Drive, Northwood's Estates and Section 6 Storm Water Improvement Project.
13. Approve Change Order No. 2 to Tom's Backhoe Services in the amount of $30,014.75 for the 2005 Forthun Road and Hastings Road Improvements.
14. Approve partial pay estimate No. 3 to Tom's Backhoe Services in the amount of $444,225.62 for the 2005 Forthun Road and Hastings Road improvements.
15. Approve Change Order No. 2 to Larson Excavating Contractors in the amount of $5,075.60 for the 2005 East Perch Lake Improvement Project.
16. Approve partial pay estimate No. 3 to Larson Excavating in the amount of $266,813.78 for the 2005 East Perch Lake Improvement Project.
17. Approve the SEH Storm Water Enterprise Proposal at an estimated cost of $2,500 plus $1,500 for each additional per day meeting.
18. Accept and approve the request for street light on the cul-de-sac of Hinckley Court contingent on the funding available.
D. Accept Long Range Planning Commission minutes of Dec. 1.
E. Accept Parks and Recreation Commission minutes of Dec. 12.
1. Approve submitting a grant application for the outdoor recreation grant for Oscar Kristofferson Park and the local trail grant for the trail by Wal-Mart.
2. Accept the park fees per city ordinance on all residential lots and calculate the fees for Lot 1, Block 2, based on maximum density using 15,000 square feet divided by the total land for that lot for the Jasperwood East Plat.
3. Accept the park fees per city ordinance for the Utopia Addition Plat.
4. Accept the park fees per city ordinance just for the new lot for the Angie Acres First Addition Plat.
5. Accept park fees per city ordinance for Lot 1, Block 1, of Weis Addition to city of Baxter plat.
6. Counter offer with $42,000 to Aggressive Builders for Lot 1, Block 3 of Northwoods Estate and have the developer still assume the assessments.
7. Approve the rezoning request to outlot A from R-2 to PUD Overlay for Mill Run Townhomes contingent of staff doing density calculations and reviewing traffic.
F. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Dec. 13.
G. Approve 2006 Cost of Living Adjustment for non-union staff.
H. Adopt 2006 fee schedule.
I. Approve donation for Baxter Police Dept.
J. Adopt Resolution No. 05-12/2-1 calling for redemption of public revenue bonds, Series 2000.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Schedule public hearing for McKee property.
B. Incomplete plans and applications.
C. Discussion and adoption of housing ordinance.
D. Planning and Zoning actions
1. Approve the Zoning Amendment for Lots 1, 2, 3, and the two smaller parcels to the north be rezoned to R-2 for Innovative Ridge Restoration, Inc. 20935 Vernon Ave., Prior Lake.
2. Approve the PUD Extension request for Baxter Woods.
3. Approve the minor subdivision plat of Angie Acres of Alan Andres of 11759 Wood Drive S.W., Brainerd, with conditions.
4. Approve the CUP to move an existing home from a commercial lot to a residential lot for JMS Custom Homes, 6889 Rowland Road, Eden Prairie, with conditions.
5. Approve the CUP to move an existing home from a commercial lot to a residential lot for JMS Custom Homes, 6889 Rowland Road, Eden Prairie, with conditions.
6. Approve the concept of the land use plan and encouraged more work be done on the plan for Close-Converse, 521 Charles Street # 201, Brainerd.
7. Deny the zoning amendment to amend the Land Use Plan for Close-Converse, 521 Charles Street, No. 201, Brainerd, due to needing transportation and infrastructure reviews as well as an EAW.
8. Approve the minor subdivision plat of Weis Addition to City of Baxter for Weisser Mueller and Associates, 510 D. Street, Brainerd with the addition of the condition to require each lot to have its own storm water swale along with conditions.
9. Table the Zoning Amendment from R-2 to a mixed use PUD overlay to allow staff to receive further information for Residential Development, Inc., 3929 Aztec Drive, Eden Prairie.
10. Table the preliminary plat of Mill Run Townhomes to allow staff to receive further information for Residential Development, Inc., 8929 Aztec Drive, Eden Prairie.
11. Table the CUP/PUD to develop townhomes and detached townhomes to allow staff to receive further information for Residential Development, Inc., 8929 Aztec Drive, Eden Prairie.
12. Approve the final plat of MacDonald Acres for Craig and Nancy MacDonald, 14771 Inglewood Drive with conditions.
13. Approve the CUP/PUD for a residential mixed use development for MacDonald Acres for Craig and Nancy MacDonald, 14771 Inglewood Drive adding that the landscaping needs to be completed per unit before a Certificate of Occupancy can be issued along with conditions.
E. Potlatch/Highway 210 W. improvement project.
F. Reimbursement of employee health insurance cost.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Mark Cross - Industrial and Economic Development and other comments.
B. Rosemary Franzen - Parks and Recreation and other comments.
C. Randy Hukriede - Long Range Planning and other comments.
D. Gary Muehlhausen - Utilities and other comments.
E. Darrel Olson - Planning and Zoning and other mayoral comments.
10. City Attorney.
11. City Administrator's Report.
12. Staff reports.
13. Adjourn to closed session to discuss staffing issues in the recreation department.
Crosby-Ironton School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Forum Room-Secondary Building
1. Call to order and pledge to the flag.
2. Roll call of board members, welcome to visitors.
3. Board discussion/comments on the following items.
a. Presentation of graduation diplomas - Jim Christenson, Secondary Principal and Therese Norwood, Board of Education.
b. First reading of Policy No. 533, Wellness Policy and Policy No. 214, out-of-state travel by school board members.
c. Spotlight on Education - CRES Title I presentation, Colleen Abear.
d. New elementary math curriculum - Elementary Math Curriculum Committee.
e. Schedule of board meetings for 2006.
4. Approve agenda.
5. Approve minutes Nov. 21 board meeting.
6. informational items:
6.1 Administrative reports.
a. Activities director
b. Community education director
c. Secondary principal
d. Elementary principal
6.2 Committee reports.
a. Activities Committee.
b. Finance Committee.
c. Leadership Evaluation Committee.
d. Staff Development Committee.
e. Technology Committee.
f. Youth Advisory Council.
h. Building and Grounds/Health and Safety/Steering Committee.
i. Classified Staff Negotiations Committee.
j. Crow Wing county Services Collaborative Council.
k. Community Ed Advisory Council.
l. Certified Meet and Confer Committee.
7. Consent calendar.
7.1 Approve bills presented.
7.2 Acceptance and filing of financial reports.
7.3 Accept monetary awards and donations.
8. Personnel Consent Items:
8.1 Employ Sue Decent, Paraprofessional, for 3.5 hours per day, flexible schedule, effective Nov. 14.
8.2 Approve lane change of MA+15 to MA+30 for Michael Beseres effective Feb. 1, 2006
8.3 Authorize one part time paraprofessional position, 3.5 hours per student day following the Kindergarten schedule.
8.4 Accept resignation of Heather Aanes, paraprofessional, effective Nov. 10 and authorize filing the position.
8.5 Employ Deb Olander, Paraprofessional, for 7 hours per student day, effective Dec. 19, 2005.
8.6 Employee Shawn Benson, paraprofessional, for 7 hours per student day effective Jan. 3, 2006.
8.7 Employ Jennifer Rees, Paraprofessional, 3.5 hours per student day following the kindergarten schedule.
8.8 Approve lane change of BA+0 to BA+15 for Colleen Abear effective Feb. 1, 2006.
8.9 Renew/approve the following coaches/activities contracts: Coaches/Activities, dance line, assistant dance line coach, Melissa Janssen.
9. Action items:
9.1 Approve Policy No. 713, school bus idling and Policy No. 712, District credit card policy.
9.2 Certify final 2005 payable 2006 levy.
9.3 Approve elementary math textbooks.
9.4 Adopt AFSCME Seniority List for 2005-2006.
9.5 Adopt Ed-MN CI seniority list for 2005-2006.
9.6 Set the January reorganization and regular board meeting on Jan. 9, 2006 at 7 p.m.
10. Public comments.
11. Reorganization meeting and regular board meeting - to be set 7 p.m. - Forum Room-Secondary Building.
Nisswa City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Wednesday
Nisswa Chamber of Commerce
A. Rezoning of Swanson property
B. Proposed 20 year sewer plan
C. Discussion regarding hiring consultant for Highway 371 project
D. Mark Ronnei regarding chemical costs for ETOC golf course
E. ETOC ERC's
F. Resolution to apply for DNR Outdoor Recreation Grant
G. Certify final 2006 levy in the amount of $1,316,571
H. Set date for 2006 organizational meeting
I. Approve construction invoices
J. Approve payment request No. 4 for Poplar/East Cullen improvements
K. Resolution changing polling location from the Community Center back to City Hall.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.