Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
13190 Memorywood Dr. N., Baxter
EDA board meeting
Meets 6 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve joint Council/Utilities Commission minutes and Council minutes of Dec. 1.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Dec. 2
1. Approve staff submitting a joint application to Region Five for 2014 for Phase I realignment of C.S.A.H. 48 onto Mapleton Road.
2. Require staff to remove all fiberglass stakes in the City street right-of-ways because it is deemed an obstruction in the right-of-way under City Ordinance 4-1-4.
3. Accept the SEH, Inc. Wetland Delineation Report for the Cypress Drive and Excelsior Road Improvements Project.
4. Approve the WSN Proposal for Platting Services in the estimated amount of $3,800 and a apply for rezoning from OS to Public Benefit to be submitted at the same time to the Planning and Zoning Commission as the plat.
D. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission Minutes of Dec. 8.
E. Approve The Lodge at Brainerd Lakes, LLC donation in the amount of $535.60 for the 2009 Lakes Country Triathlon sponsored by the City of Baxter
F. Grant an extension until Feb. 18, 2010, to record the Grand Haven Plat
G. Approve final acceptance of the 2009 Loren Thompson Parking Lot Expansion Project and release Pratt's Affordable Excavating Bond No. GRMN30392A in the amount of $25,959 and approve Final Pay Estimate No. 1 in the amount of $25,959.
H. Adopt 2010 Mileage Reimbursement Rate of 50 cents per mile per IRS Regulations
I. Approve signing of the contract to maintain our current position with the Minnesota Financial Crimes Task Force
J. Approve Payment of $5,131 to ISD 181 Community Education for 2008/09 Recreation Program Shortfall
6. Pulled Agenda Items
7. Other Business
A. Rick Manion - Owner, Hawthorn Inn and Suites
B. Joint Powers Agreement with I.S.D. 181
C. Planning and Zoning Actions
1. Adopt Ordinance No. 2009-18 approving the zoning text amendment amending Section 10-1-3 D 8 & 9 of the Baxter zoning code dealing with nonconforming and substandard uses and structures as presented with the changes made by staff and the City Attorney.
D. Long Range Planning Commission discussions of City Motto
8. Council comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney's Report
10. City Administrator's Report
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.