PINE RIVER -- A Pine River-Backus High School senior is in serious condition after being severely burned Wednesday.
Danny Brammann of Pine River suffered second- and third-degree burns after lighting a wood stove outside his residence, reported Jimmy Blanchard, assistant fire chief in Pine River, this morning.
Blanchard said Brammann tried to light the wood stove with gasoline and the flames blew back on him.
"He had burns on his face, chest, back and legs."
The fire department was called at 4:11 p.m. to the home on Norway Avenue.
Brammann was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center. Officials at the medical center said this morning Brammann was in serious condition.
Blanchard said Brammann's father was home at the time, but was not burned.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.