LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Carol Burnett is spending time these days with new husband Brian Miller.
Burnett, 68, married Miller last month during a hush-hush ceremony. The couple appeared together last week at the Kennedy Center Honors in Washington. Burnett publicist Deborah Kelman said Tuesday that the wedding date and details were being kept private.
It's the third marriage for Burnett, who has three daughters with ex-husband Joe Hamilton, including actress Carrie Hamilton.
Miller, whose age wasn't disclosed by Kelman, is a percussionist who plays with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra and the Pantages Theatre Orchestra.
Burnett scored a ratings hit with her Nov. 26 CBS-TV special "The Carol Burnett Show: Show Stoppers." It drew almost 30 million viewers.
The original comedy-variety series ran on CBS from 1967 to 1978.
Hurley's ex-boyfriend not sure baby his
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The man who Elizabeth Hurley says is the father of her child says he's not sure the baby is his.
"Miss Hurley and I were not in an exclusive relationship when she became pregnant," writer-producer Stephen Bing said in a statement Tuesday. "It is her choice to be a single mother."
Hurley, an Estee Lauder cosmetics spokesmodel and co-star of the "Austin Powers" movies, said she was "deeply distraught" by Bing's remarks that he had not been in an "exclusive relationship."
"This was the first I had heard of this and the implications are very painful, especially as I am shortly to give birth to his child," she said in a written statement. "I loved Stephen enormously during the 18 months we were together."
Bing dismissed tabloid speculation that he planned to abandon the 36-year-old model-actress and the child, due in April. His publicist said she didn't know whether he would seek a paternity test.
Bing is a former writer for the sitcom "Married ... With Children" and producer of films including last year's "Get Carter."
Judge sides with Sondheim
NEW YORK (AP) -- A judge Tuesday ordered stage and movie producer Scott Rudin to stop claiming he has exclusive rights to a musical created by Broadway powerhouses Stephen Sondheim and John Weidman.
State Supreme Court Justice Ira Gammerman granted a request for a preliminary injunction by Sondheim and Weidman, who claim Rudin was trying to kill the musical.
Sondheim and Weidman said the play -- "GOLD!" -- was scheduled to open in Chicago next September, but that Rudin's threats of lawsuits scared off the theater operators and the director, Tony-winner Harold Prince.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.