Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
4. Consent agenda. The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion.
A. Approval of council minutes of Nov. 16
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Nov. 17 and Dec. 1.
1. Approve partial pay estimate #4 in the amount of $66,075.69 for the 2003 Clearwater Commercial Road Improvements to Anderson Brothers Construction.
2. Approve Change Order #2 in the amount of $1,142.76 to Larson Excavating, Inc. for the 2004 Isle Dr. and Hinckley Road Improvements.
3. Approve final pay estimate #3 in the amount of $31,876.63 for the 2004 Isle Drive and Hinckley Road Improvements.
4. Adopt the 2005 sewer and water rates and WAC & SAC fee rates.
5. Adopt the 2005 Public Works Operating budget.
6. Approve Change Order #5 in the amount of $55,265.11 to Tom's Backhoe Service for the 2004 Inglewood Drive & Clearwater Road area improvements.
7. Approve partial pay estimate #6 in the amount of $268,615.06 for the 2004 Clearwater Road/Inglewood Drive Improvement Project to Tom's Backhoe Service.
8. Approve partial pay estimate #3 in the amount of $399,415.52 for the 2003 Edgewood Drive North Utility and Roadway Extension to R.L. Larson Excavating.
9. Approve partial pay estimate #4 in the amount of $36,912.44 for the 2004 Deerwood Road and Ironwood Meadows Improvement Project to R. L. Larson Excavating.
10. Approve partial pay estimate #7 in the amount of $32,841.60 for the 2004 Meredith, Norway and Lancer area utility and road improvements to R. L. Larson Excavating, Inc.
11. Approve partial pay estimate #2 in the amount of $79,639.88 for the 2004 Kenwood Drive and Sandstone Road utility and roadway improvement to R. L. Redstone construction.
12. Approve partial pay estimate #1 in the amount of $123,634.03 for the 2004 Art Ward Road, Laverne Circle and Whipple Beach improvement project to Pratt's Affordable Excavating.
D. Accept Parks and Recreation Commission minutes of Nov. 22.
1. Approve accepting fees per ordinance for the preliminiary/final plat of Baxter Woods for all units of all 7 phases.
2. Approve accepting fees per ordinance for the minor subdivision of Boogies Addition to Baxter.
3. Uphold recommendation to not accept the proposal from the MN DNR to participate in the acquisition of property to expand the parking area at the public access for White Sand Lake.
4. Amend the city fee schedule for residential park dedication fees to $1,500 per residential unit effective Jan. 1, 2005.
5. Approve requiring at least an 80-foot right-of-way on all future plats to accommodate potential future trails.
E. Accept Long Range Planning Commission minutes of Nov. 23
F. Accept Industrial and Economic Development Commission minutes of Dec. 2.
1. Establish contact with property owners that may be interested in selling property for industrial park expansion.
2. Instruct staff to draft an ordinance for adoption requiring architectural standards in the commercial and industrial zoned districts based on the current industrial park Phase 3 architectural standards.
G. Approve Truth in Taxation minutes of Dec. 6.
H. Approve police investigator replacement for Chief Exsted.
I. Set public hearing for annexation of Gull Lake Fireplace on Feb. 15 at 7:30 p.m.
J. Adopt 2004 Laumeyer Comp Worth and Market Rate Study as a guideline for future compensation decisions.
K. Appoint building inspector.
L. Appoint James Exsted as police chief
M. Appoint Nicole Turcotte as replacement officer in the police department.
N. Approve Crow Wing Co. Joint Powers Agreement for Inter City Emergency mutual Assistance
O. Adopt budget resolution
P. Adopt property tax levy resolution
Q. Adopt 2005 fee schedules
5. Pulled agenda items
6. Other business
A. Planning and Zoning Grizzly's Retail Center Phase 3
B. Set joint City Council/Utilities Commission meeting to discuss implementation of a stormwater enterprise fund for 2005-2006.
7. Public comment
9. Council comments
A. Mark Cross Industrial and Economic Development and other comments
B. Rosemary Franzen Parks and Recreation and other comments
C. Gary Muehlhausen Utilities, Personnel and Police and other mayoral comments
D. Darrel Olson Planning and zoning and other comments
E. Barb Wells Long Range Planning and other comments
10. City attorney
11. City administrator/staff reports
A. City engineer Trevor Walter city banners
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.