Meets 2 p.m. Thursday
Commissioner's Board Room
1. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion.
2. Robert Yochum - County Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Resolution establishing elected department head salaries for 2009.
c. Resolution establishing board member compensation for 2009.
d. Approve 2009 MN Extension Service agreement.
e. Report back on Personnel Committee meeting.
f. Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe joint meeting follow-up.
3. Larry Wolfe - chief financial officer.
a. 2008 payment in lieu of taxes (PILT) distribution.
b. Accept low quote for sealing AGC Wells (capital fund).
4. Dorothy Opheim - HHVS Director.
a. Child placement costs for October, 2008 in the amount of $185,487.
b. Regional Health and Medical All-Hazard Response and Recovery Plan Annex M: Behavioral Health. Approve HHVS director's signature to the memorandums of understanding as recommended by the HHVS Advisory Committee.
c. Approve 2009 interagency agreement.
5. Reno Wells, Probation Director.
a. 2008 Cass County Screening Team update - Dorothy Opheim - HHVS Director.
b. Report back on probation officer recruitment.
6. Public hearing - terminating Aggregate Resource Preservation Property Tax Law.
7. Steve Kuha - Assessor.
b. Truth-In-Taxation meeting update.
8. Dave Enblom - Highway Engineer.
a. Discuss Wadena County's proposal to revocate county line road (Cass CR#111) to McKinley Township.
9. John Sumption - ESD Director, Paul Fairbanks - solid waste officer/county planner.
a. Approve May Township operations agreement renewal.
b. LCCMR update.
10. Upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Cass and Crow Wing Jail Operations Subcommittee at AMC Conference.
11. Adjourn until 5:45 P.M.
12. Randy Fisher - Sheriff, Erick Hoglund - Boat & Water Coordinator.
a. Presentation of life saving awards to seven area young citizens.
13.Truth-in-taxation hearing - 2009 budget.
a. Receive and file public notices.
b. Citizen Budget Committee report.
c. Discuss budget and accept public input.
d. Table county budget adoption to Thursday, Dec. 18.
1. Approve board minutes of special meeting of Nov. 13 and 18.
2. Approve auditor warrants dated Nov. 20 in the amount of $433,958.33.
3. Approve HHVS auditor warrants dated Nov. 21 in the amount of $59,166.64.
4. Approve HHVS commissioner warrants dated Nov. 21 in the amount of $198,466.23.
5. Approve auditor warrants dated Nov. 26 in the amount of $311,418.29.
6. Approve licenses - tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
7. Approve personnel actions.
8. Receive & file 2008 MCIT dividend payment in the amount of $175,038.
9. Approve bid specifications for annual printing & publishing for year 2009.
10. Approve - 2008 holiday closing of county offices to the public at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec., 24, Christmas Eve Day and on Wednesday, Dec. 31, New Years Eve Day.
11. Approve Change Order No. 1 for HVAC improvement project, Thelen Heating and Roofing, Inc. in the add amount of $500 (capital fund).
12. Approve the purchase of service agreement for home based mental health services/in-home family counseling for 2009.
13. Receive and file article on Aitkin and Cass County Land Departments Collaborate with Dovetail Partners and Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences.
14. Approve pay request for courthouse pre-design project, Wold Architects and Engineers in the amount of $19,178.13 (capital fund).
15. Approve pay request application Invoice No. 10597J for AGC re-use project, Industrial Hygiene Services Corp., in the amount of $3,948.64 (capital fund).
16. Approve pay request application Invoice No. 3677708 for AGC re-use project, Kimley-Horn & Associates, Inc., in the amount of $19,750 (capital fund).
17. Approve pay request for Invoice No. 23366 courthouse pre-design project, CAM in the amount of $9,000 (capital fund).
18. Receive and file correspondence from NW MN Household Hazardous Waste Program 2009 Budget.
19. Approve pay request Invoice No. 8491 for AGC re-use project, Landecker & Associates, Inc. in the amount of $572.50 (capital fund).
20. Authorize Cass County per diem payment to Bi-CAP representatives effective Sept. 11.
21. Receive and file HHVS monthly cash accounts to date, Oct. 31, in the amount of $5,727,052.
22. Approve medical consultant services contract between Merit Care Clinic/Burton Haugen, MD effective Jan. 1, 2009 to Dec. 31, 2009.
23. Approve Memorandum of Agreement with Matthew Yelle, MD for medical advisor services for Family Planning Special Projects Grant Clinics effective Jan. 1, 2009 - June 30, 2009.
24. Approve the Memorandum of Agreement with Amanda J. Pederson for nurse practitioner services for Family Planning Special Projects Grant Clinic, effective Jan. 1, 2009 through June 30, 2009.
25. Approve welfare fraud investigative services cooperative agreement between the Cass County Sheriff's Office effective Jan. 1, 2009 to Dec. 31, 2009.
26. Approve Memorandum of Agreement for physical therapy services for 2009.
27. Approve the agreement with Public Health Roster Nurse, Lynette Hilber, PHN, effective Jan. 1, 2009 through Dec. 31, 2009, for as needed public health nursing services.
28. Approve agreement with Licensed Practical Roster Nurse, Sherry Fitch, LPN, effective Jan. 1, 2009 trough Dec. 31, 2009, for WIC and CTC Clinic nursing support services.
29. Approve agreement with Roster Registered Nurse, Rollie Haugen, RN, effective Jan. 1, 2009 through Dec. 31, 2009, for as needed nursing services.
30. Approve agreement with Child and Teen Checkup Support Outreach Worker, Jeanette Wiger, effective Jan. 1, 2009 through Dec. 31, 2009, for CT&C support and outreach services.
31. Approve the following recommendations from the Cass County HHVS Advisory Committee: Public health sliding fee scale for dental varnishing and car seat training rate of $30/hr. including travel time and mileage at IRS rate.
32. Accept the $50 donation from Muriel Reid for the Senior Transportation Program.
33. Approve purchase of service agreement for 2009 with Sarah Tarutis, PNP, for Case Management Supervision/Consultation for Adult Mental Health Services - 2 hours per month.
34. Approve the purchase of Service Host County Agreement between Cass County HHVS and Little Sand Group Homes for residential foster care, effective Jan. 1, 2009 through Dec. 31, 2009. Per diem remains the same at $164.30.
35. Request board appointment and alternate to the ARMER Regional Radio Board, term ending Dec. 31, 2009.
Crow Wing County Board meetings:
Tuesday, 9:30 a.m. Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission: Airport Conference Room
Wednesday, 10 a.m. open bids for annual supply of gas and diesel: Historic Courthouse, Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room.
Monday, Dec. 8, 5 p.m., Crow Wing County Housing and Redevelopment Authority: Land Services Building, Land Department Conference Room
Monday, December 8 - Wednesday, December 10 - Association of Minnesota Counties Annual Conference: Duluth Entertainment Convention Center.
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent Calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held Nov. 17 and the special meeting held on Nov. 10.
B. Approval of 2008 licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Garbage licenses - 5 - renewals.
2. Pawnbrokers licenses - 2 - renewals.
3. Second-hand automobile licenses - 9 - renewals.
4. Second-hand goods licenses - 1- renewal.
5. Taxi cab licenses - renewal.
6. Tobacco Licenses - 26 - renewals.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Fire Chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
3. Park director's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
E. Police department - Ms. Kimberly Marquart, records management technician - advance to Step "D" of Salary Administration Plan (100 percent of base wage) - $20.14 per hour effective Nov. 27, 2008 - Recommended by Police Chief Bolduc - approval of.
F. Authorize hiring of CSO officer Aaron Kampa with a starting wage of $8.93 hourly, effective Dec. 2 approval of.
G. Approval of bills - recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Current Character Trait - Generosity.
6. Unfinished business.
A. Brainerd Mobil Revolving Loan - (from June 2 meeting: "EDA unanimously recommends that this Item be tabled until the end of the redemption period - Nov. 21 - approved").
7. New business.
A. Brainerd Regional Human Services Center (BRHSC) - proposal and draft resolution - Don Samuelson to present.
8. Planning Commission.
A. Temporary Sign Task Force.
9. Public forum.
A - Mayor.
B - City attorney.
C - City administrator.
D - City engineer.
E - City planner.
F - Fire chief.
G - Park director.
11. Council committee reports.
A - Safety and Public Works Committee.
B - Personnel and Finance Committee.
C - Other committees.
12. Committee recommendations - recommended by Mayor Wallin.
A. Park Board - Ms. Barbara Egan - Complete vacated term which expires Jan. 1, 2011.
13. Call for applicants.
A. Charter Commission - One term to fill which expires Jan. 1, 2011.
B. Economic Development Authority - Two six-year terms - Expire Sept. 7, 2014.
14. Adjourn - to union negotiation strategy session/closed meeting.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 5:45 p.m. Monday
1. Sewer backup at 617 Southwest Fifth Street.
2. Authorization to dispose of bus No. 52.
3. Adoption of a resolution adopting amended transit drug and alcohol policy.
4. Downtown project - handrails and roof drain leads.
5. Sidewalk project - pedestrian curb ramp costs.
6. Donation of 20 acres.
7. Sewer expansion joint leak under College Drive bridge.
8. Various issues.
A. Unsafe structures.
C. Post office parking on South Fifth Street.
9. Street and utility conditions.
10. Garage and rummage sales.
11. Temporary sign task force.
12. Request from WSN.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. Pay equity compliance alternatives.
2. Initiative Foundation - request for 2008 allocation.
3. Union negotiations - status of.
4. City/fire department policy manual - status of.
5. Brainerd Mobil revolving loan - status report.
6. Police department:
Ms. Kimberly Marquart, records management technician - advance to Step "D" of Salary Administration Plan (100 percent of base wage) - $20.14 per hour effective
Nov. 27 - approval of.
Authorize hiring of CSO Officer Aaron Kampa with a starting wage of $8.93 hourly, effective Dec. 2, - approval of.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.