The Brainerd Northside Residents Association will host the following activities for Christmas in the Park (Gregory Park) Dec. 1:
* The Gingerbread House Contest display will be located in Gregory Park, likely in the warming house. Deadline for entries has been extended to Wednesday.
* Carolers in the Gregory Park Band Stand will perform 1 to 5 p.m., including Whittier Elementary School students and parents and members of Brainerd Catholic churches and First Congregational Church Choir.
* Hot chocolate, cider and cookies will be available.
* Holiday crafters, about 10, will set up displays in the park to sell their crafts.
* Boy Scouts Troop No. 36 will sell wreaths and garland.
* Face painters will be on site.
* Santa will arrive with the parade.
* Fireworks will follow the parade.
Brunch with Santa set Dec. 1 at BHS
The 34th annual Brunch with Santa will be 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 1 in the Brainerd High School cafeteria.
The event, sponsored by Youth as Resources, will offer an opportunity for children to visit with Santa and have their pictures taken. Santa will arrive by fire truck at 9 a.m. in the north parking lot of the high school.
The Senior Center Gift Shop for Kids will be open with lots of holiday gift ideas. Entertainment will be provided by the Music General dancers performing their holiday show.
Brunch menu includes French toast sticks, sausage, juice, milk and coffee. Tickets are $4 for adults, $3 for children ages 6-12 and free for children 5 and younger.
Tickets may be purchased at Brainerd Community Action, Brainerd Family YMCA, Brainerd Community Education, Music General, the Ivy Room and The Brainerd Dispatch.
Tickets also may be purchased at the door.
YMCA to host youth dance today
The Brainerd Family YMCA will host a dance for sixth- and seventh-graders from 7 to 9 p.m. today. Music, pop and snacks will be provided. Cost is $5.
Brainerd school committee to meet Wednesday
The Brainerd School District's Finance/Insurance Committee will meet 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the district office to prepare for the Dec. 3 tax hearing and to discuss refunding the 1993 building bonds.
Parks board to meet Tuesday
The Brainerd Parks and Recreation Board will meet 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at Brainerd City Hall.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.