Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners board room
1. 9 a.m. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. No additional agenda items will be considered.
c. Motion to close the meeting to the public for department head annual evaluations and report results at the next regular meeting pursuant to MN Statutes Chapter 13D.05 Sub. 3.(a).
2. 9:05 a.m. Administrator - Robert Yochum
3. 9:30 a.m. Auditor-Treasurer - Sharon Anderson
4. 10 a.m. Central Services - Tim Richardson
5. 10:30 a.m. Land - Josh Stevenson
6. 11 a.m. Environmental Services - John Ringle
7. 11:30 a.m. Assessor - Mark Peterson
8. Noon Lunch
9. 12:30 p.m. Chief Financial Officer - Larry Wolfe
10. 1 p.m. Highway - Dave Enblom
11. 1:30 p.m. Adjourn and report results at Nov. 16 regular meeting
2 p.m. Ah Gwah Ching site tour - leaves from north side of Courthouse.
Pillager School Board
Meets 7 a.m. Wednesday
3. Canvass Election Results
4. Resolution authorizing issuance of certificates.
City of Crosslake
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
A. Call to order.
1. Approval of additions to the agenda.
B. Critical issues
1. Memo dated Nov. 8 from Jenny Max Re: Canvass of Election Results.
C. Consent calendar - Notice to the public All items here listed are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be acted on by one motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Citizen or Councilmember so requests:
1. Special Council Meeting Minutes of Sept. 28
2. Improvement Hearing Minutes of Oct. 11
3. Regular Council Meeting Minutes of Oct. 11
4. Crosslake Communications Balance Sheet and Income Statement / Detail of Reserve Balances dated September 2010
5. City Month End Revenue Report dated September 2010
6. City Month End Expenditure Report dated September 2010
7. Pledged Collateral Report dated Nov. 3 from Jennifer Max
8. Lakes State Bank Pledge Update, October 2010
9. Frandsen Bank & Trust Pledge Update, October 2010
10. Lakewood Bank Pledge Update, October 2010
11. RiverWood Bank Pledge Update, October 2010
D. Public forum
E. Mayor's report
1. Letter dated Oct. 18 from Sheriff Dahl Re: Thank You for donation
F. City administrator's report
1. Bills for Approval (Council Action-Motion)
2. Letter dated Oct. 22 from the Department of the Army Re: Permission to Install Flag Poles
3. Memo dated Nov. 8 from Jenny Max Re: Proposal from Minnesota Comp Advisor
4. Memo dated Nov. 8 from Jenny Max Re: Landscape Contractors/Excavators Licenses
5. Memo dated Nov. 8 from Jenny Max Re: 2010 Approved Landscape Contractors/Excavators
6. Letter dated Oct. 21 from Crow Wing Power Re: Municipal Meter Relief Program
G. Commission reports
1. Planning and zoning
a. October 2010 Permit Summary
b. Letter dated Oct. 21 from Orval Nelson Re: Zoning Violation and Response from City Attorney dated Oct. 22
2. Public works/cemetery/sewer
a. September 2010 Wastewater Treatment Discharge Monitoring Report
b. Resolution Regarding Unpaid Sewer Charges
c. Letter dated Nov. 3 from WSN Re: 2010 Street and Trail Projects
1. Partial Payment Estimate No. 2
2. Change Order No. 2
3. Personnel committee
a. Memo dated Nov. 8 from the Personnel Committee Re: Recommendation to move Fritz Ludwig from Installation and Repair Technician to Combination Technician
b. Memo dated Nov. 8 from the Personnel Committee Re: Recommendation for Crosslake Communications to Change Health Insurance Carriers
4. Public safety
a. October 2010 Police Report for Crosslake
b. October 2010 Police Report for Mission Township
c. Memo dated Nov. 8 from Chief Hartman Re: Contractual Agreement
d. October 2010 North Ambulance Run Report
e. October 2010 Fire Department Report
5. Crosslake Communications
a. Crosslake Communication's Bills for Approval Sept. 1 Sept. 30.
b. Highlights Report for October 2010
c. Crosslake Communications Advisory Board Meeting Minutes of Oct. 26.
d. Crosslake Communications Customer Counts
6. Park and Recreation/Library
a. Staff report dated Nov. 4 from Jon Henke Re: Community Center Updates
a. Crosslake Roll-Off Recycling Report for October 2010
b. Waste Partners Recycling Reports for July, August and September 2010
8. Economic Development Authority
H. City Attorney Report
1. Memo dated Nov. 3 from Mike Couri Re: Attorney Report
I. Old business.
J. New business.
K. Public forum.
Morrison County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County Board Room
Government Center, Little Falls
5. Social service report.6.
6. Public health report.
7. Planning and Zoning report.
8. Assessor's report.
9. Public works report.
10. Community development report.
11. Auditor's report.
12. County board warrants.
13. Administrator's report.
14. Committee reports/upcoming schedule.
Little Falls School Board
Meets 8 a.m. Tuesday
Little Falls Community High School
1. Call to order.
2. Approve agenda.
3. Resolution canvassing returns of votes of school district general election.
4. Resolution canvassing returns of votes of school district special election.
5. Resolution authorizing issuance of certificates of election and directing school district clerk to perform other election related duties.
6. Resolution authorizing issuance of certificate of special election and directing school district clerk to perform other election related duties.
Pequot Lakes School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Approval of agenda.
5. Resolution canvassing returns of votes of school district general election.
6. Resoution authorizing issuance of certificates of election and directing school district clerk to perform other election related duties.
8. Business management services.
4 p.m. Finance
5 p.m. Personnel (meet and confer)
6 p.m. Curriculum
Brainerd School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Educational Services Building
804 Oak St., Brainerd
4. Consent Calendar
A. Certified Staff Resignations
B. Non-Teaching Employee Resignations
C. New Non-Teaching Employees
E. Ratify Payment of Bills
5. Old Business
6. New Business
A. For Action
1) 1st Reading of Policy No. 406 - Public and Private Personnel Data. Update and revision of old policy #GBD
2) 1st Reading of Polico.NO. 418 - Drug-Free Workplace/Drug-Free School. Update and revision of old policy #GBSA
3) 1st Reading of Policy No. 516 - Student Medication. Update and revision of old policy #JHCD
4) School Liaison Officer Contract with the City of Brainerd
1) District Recognitions
a. Girls Tennis team state participants Mikinzee Salo and Kayla Craemer were individual girls tennis state participants Oct. 26-29 in Minneapolis.
b. Girls Cross Country team state participants Anna Gessell, Rebecca Yeh, and Megan Holmes were all individual cross country state participants Nov. 6 at St Olaf College.
c. Girls Swim team were the Central Lakes Conference Champions.
Congratulations to all the students.
2) Site Reports/Communications
a. Elementary School Performance & Planning Update - Elementary Principals
3) School Board Member Reports - General
4) Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) - Jim Hunt
5) Brainerd Public Schools Foundation Report - Reed Campbell
6) Business Services' Report - Steve Lund
7) Superintendent's Report - Steve Razidlo
8) Gifts & Grants - Steve Razidlo
a. $1,000.00 donation to the BHS Robotics program from Precision Tool Technologies, Inc.
7. Committee Reports
A. Curriculum/Student Activities Committee - Ruth Nelson
B. Facilities Committee - Kent Montgomery
C. Finance/Insurance Committee - Reed Campbell
1) Met Nov. 3.
D. Legislative Committee - Jim Hunt
E. Long Range Planning Committee - Tom Haglin
F. Personnel Committee - Chris Robinson
8. Future Board & Committee Meetings
A. Regular School Board Meeting - Dec. 13.
B. MSBA Conference - Jan. 13-14, 2011
9. Any other such business that may properly come before the board.
Pine River-Backus I.S.D. No. 2174
Meets 5:30 p.m. Monday
Pine River-Backus High School Media Center
2.1. Public Comments and Time for Interaction with the Board on agenda Items
2.2. Board Chair Report on Superintendent Evaluation
2.3. Student Council Representative
2.4. Employee of the Month Randy Schwegel, Teacher and Activities Director
2.5. Spotlight on Education Technology Updates, Rick Meyer
3. Approve Agenda
4. Approve Minutes Oct. 18 regular board meeting
5. Informational Items:
5.1. Administrative and Team Reports
5.2. Directors Reports
5.3. Enrollment Reports
5.4. Committee Reports
6. Consent Calendar
6.1. Approve Bills Presented
6.2. Approve Investment Report
6.3. Approve Treasurer's Report
6.4. Approve Electronic Funds Transfers and Other Banking Transactions
6.5. Accept Monetary Awards and Donations
6.6. Approve the Hiring of Pamela Borman as Paraprofessional in the Elementary for 6.5 hours daily effective Nov. 9.
7. Discussion Items:
7.1. January Reorganizational and Regular Board Meetings
7.2. Superintendent's Contract
7.3. Negotiation Process
8. Action Items:
8.1. Adopt Resolution Canvassing Returns of Votes of School District General Election
8.2. Approve Resolution Authorizing Issuance of Certificates of Election and Directing School District Clerk to Perform Other Election Related Duties
8.3. Approve the 2011 Cass County/Leech Lake Reservation Family Services Collaborative Initiative, Inc. Interagency Agreement
8.4. Set dates and times for January 2011 Reorganization and Regular Board Meetings
9. Open forum
10. Next regular board meeting 7 p.m. Dec. 20, High School Media Center
Crow Wing County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County board room, third floor, historic courthouse, Brainerd
1.9 a.m. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open Forum
3. Review and approve Oct. 26 Regular County Board Meeting Minutes
4. Review and approve Nov. 9 Regular County Board Meeting Agenda
5. Approve Consent Agenda
5.2. Personnel Actions
5.3. Advertisement for Bids - Printing and Publishing
5.4. Lease Agreement with Crow Wing Soil & Water Conservation District
5.5. Minnesota Department of Health Local Public Health Act Funding 2011 Assurances & Agreements
5.6. Final Contract Payment to Sanders Construction for Contract No. 10015, CP 18-200-35, Aggregate Stockpile - Tomberlin Pit
5.7. Final Payment for Building Demolition 13997 Baxter Drive, Baxter, MN
5.8 . Final Contract Payment to Tri-City Paving for Contract No. 10012, CP 18-143-01 (CR 143, South Long Lake Bay Rd & Gilbert Ln) & CP 18-153-01 (CR 153), Bituminous Surfacing
5.9. Amendment to MnDOT Master Partnership Agreement No. 92411 A1
6. 9:05 a.m. Miscellaneous Business
6.1. Additional Business
7. 9:15 a.m. Community Services Director
7.1. Children's Trust Fund Grant Extension - Crisis Nursery
7.2. DHS Children's Trust Fund/Case Family Programs Foundation Grant Extension - Parent Support Outreach
7.3. Voice Casting for WIC & Child & Teen Checkups
7.4. 2011 Purchase of Service Contracts
7.5. Director's Report
7.6 . Children's Mental Health Crisis Response Reapplication
8. 9:45 a.m. Land Services Director
8.1. Environmental Services Consent
8.1.1. DuWayne & Diane Traut - Rezoning from Agriculture to Rural Residential 2
8.1.2. Eric & Tami Froidcoeur - Rezoning Parcel #600031203300889 from Shoreland Residential 1 to Waterfront Commercial & Parcel #600031203A00889 from Waterfront Commercial to Shoreland Residential 1
8.1.3. Robert & Laura Voit - Rezoning from Rural Residential 2.5 to Shoreland Residential 1
8.1.4. Brian Christenson - Barbour Lake Shores - Final Plat Extension
8.1.5. ETOC Company Inc. - CIC #1074 Mission Lake Lodge - Final Plat
9. 9:50 a.m. Human Resource Director
9.1. Community Services Director Position
10. 9:55 a.m. County Administrator
10.1. Senior Management Team Report
11. 10 a.m. Committee Reports
13. Other Board Activities - The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
13.1. 10 a.m. Monday, Canvassing Board, Historic Courthouse, Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room
13.2. 5 p.m. Monday, Crow Wing County Housing & Redevelopment Authority, Historic Courthouse, County Administrator's Conference Room
13.3. 2 p.m. Wednesday, Open Bids - Sale of Commercial, County-Owned Land located at 13997 Baxter Dr, City of Baxter, Historic Courthouse, Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room
13.4. 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Annual Meeting & Dinner, Marina II Restaurant, Breezy Point
13.5. Office closed for Veterans Day
13.6. 10 a.m. Friday, Family Services Collaborative Governance Board, Washington Education Services Building, Room 200
13.7. 3 p.m. Nov. 15, Personnel Committee, Historic Courthouse, County Administrator's Conference Room
13.8. 4:30 p.m. Nov. 15, Giving THANKS Celebration For Our Community That Cares, Crow Wing County Family Services Collaborative: Washington Education Services Building Gym.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.