Meets 7:30 p.m.
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent calendar -- All matters listed are considered routine by the council and all will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown before the time the council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held Oct. 20 and the special meetings held Oct. 21, 22 and 27.
B. Approval of licenses -- recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's Licenses -- 4 -- New
PHB Excavating, 11865 79th Ave. S.W., Motley, MN 56446; Tuthill & Sons Masonry, 45827 295th St., Deerwood, MN 56444; Sieco Construction, Inc., 2636 Minnehaha Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406; Commercial Construction Services, 8260 Arthur St., Spring Lake Park, MN 55432.
C. Department reports
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Fire chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
D. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Application for exempt permit, submitted by Brainerd Area Amateur Radio Club for a raffle to be held Aug. 7 at the Brainerd National Guard Armory -- Approval of.
E. Second reading -- Proposed Ordinance No. 1211 -- An ordinance pertaining to post frame structures, City Administrator Vogt recommends to dispense with the actual reading.
F. Approval of bills -- recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Unfinished business.
A. Public hearing continuance -- Improvement No. 01-06, Highway 371 frontage road (BMC), consider adoption of resolution setting final assessment.
B. Second reading -- Proposed ordinance No. 1210 -- An ordinance pertaining to senior housing, City Administrator Vogt recommends to dispense with the actual reading -- Edgewood Vista Project Presentation.
C. Brainerd Oaks/HRA Joint Powers Agreement, discussion of.
6. New business.
A. Brainerd-Baxter housing planning partnership, discussion of.
7. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
B. City attorney
C. City administrator
D. City engineer
E. Fire chief
9. Council committee reports
A. Safety and Public Works Committee.
B. Personnel and Finance Committee.
C. Other committees.
10. Call for applicants.
A. Library Board -- Term to expire Jan. 1.
Note: Safety and Public Works Committee will meet at 6 p.m.
Personnel and Finance Committee will meet at 6:30 p.m.
Brainerd Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Improvement No. 02-11 (2003 sidewalk reconstruction) -- Adoption of resolution declaring costs to be assessed, ordering preparation of proposed assessment and calling for hearing on proposed assessment, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 17.
2. Quotes for fencing Southwest Sixth Street storm water pond.
3. Dial-A-Ride policy amendment.
a. Sale of excess bus.
4. Draft agreement for Wright Street extension.
5. Steamer repair quote.
6. Request for special assessment relief on tax forfeit parcel.
7. Outdoor wood burning furnaces.
8. Brainerd Oaks
a. Final plat revision
b. Minor subdivision of Seventh Day Adventist property
9. Peterson Towing property (status of)
10. Improvement No. 01-06 Assessment -- Highway 371 frontage road (council agenda 5A)
11. 1216 Laurel St.
12. Highways 18 & 25.
13. Buffalo Hills restoration
Brainerd Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Health insurance fund -- discussion of.
2. Nor-Pak Industries revolving loan fund request -- EDA recommends approval of -- discussion of.
3. 2003 budget amendments -- discussion of.
4. Rental housing inspection proposals -- discussion of.
5. Set union negotiation strategy session.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Baxter City Hall
A budget review meeting with the Baxter City Council will be held at 6 p.m. Monday at Baxter City Hall.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent agenda -- the following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the consent agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the consent agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion.
A. Approval of council minutes of Oct. 21, 29 and 30.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Oct. 15.
1. Approve the Anderson Brothers 2002 mill and inlay final pay estimate in the amount of $15,635.43 contingent on WSN checking the final punch list.
D. Accept Personnel and Police Commission minutes of Oct. 22.
1. Adopt the Administrative Citation Ordinance as presented.
2. Approve hiring Donelle Osman as the building technical clerk at Grade 4, starting step.
E. Accept Parks and Recreation Commission minutes of Oct. 27.
1. Approve putting in standards for basketball court and tennis court at Berrywood Park at a cost of approximately $3,000 this year to save money.
F. Accept Industrial and Economic Development Commission minutes of Oct. 30.
1. Accept the Benshoof Traffic Plan for the Industrial Park.
G. Adopt Resolution No. 03-11/1-1 regarding assessment agreement with Hansenns, LLC.
H. Scheduled council and joint commission workshop for Jan. 15, 6:30-9 p.m. to discuss project NEMO by Jay Michaels.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business
A. Public hearing -- Hampton Square assessments, 7:30 p.m.
B. Public hearing -- Cottage Grove North extension assessments, 8 p.m.
C. Adopt resolutions adopting assessment rolls
-- Hampton Square
-- Cottage Grove North extension
-- Bronson/Michelle Circle area
-- Excelsior West
-- Knollwood Drive/arboretum/Highway 210
-- Clearwater East
D. Adopt resolution ordering improvements and preparation of final plans and specifications for the Clearwater/Inglewood project.
7. Public comments
9. Council comments
A. Mark Cross -- Industrial and Economic Development and other comments
B. Rosemary Franzen -- Parks and Recreation and other comments
C. Gary Muehlhausen -- Utilities, Personnel and Police and other mayoral comments
D. Darrel Olson -- Planning and Zoning and other comments
E. Barb Wells -- Long Range Planning and other comments
10. City attorney
11. Staff reports
12. Adjourn to closed meeting
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.