Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent Calendar - All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Oct. 19 the joint meeting with Planning Commission to discuss the Zoning Map held on Oct. 21 and the joint meeting with the Planning Commission to discuss the Subdivision Ordinance held on Oct. 26 as distributed
B. Approval of Licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's Licenses - 1 - New.
2. Contractor's Licenses - 1 - Renewals.
C. Department Reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to Council.
2. Fire Chief's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
3. Park Director's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
4. Rental Housing Inspector's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
5. Approval of bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
6. Current Character Trait - Compassion.
7. Unfinished business.
A. Public hearing for proposed assessments on the following Improvements.
Improvement 05-15 - South 8th Street from Willow Street to Oak Street
Improvement 05-28 - Downtown Reconstruction
Improvement 09-01 - Sidewalk Reconstruction
Improvement 09-01 - Street Resurfacing, to include:
K St NE from 3rd Ave NE to 4th Ave NE and 13th Ave NE to 15th Ave NE
L St NE from 13th Ave NE to 14th Ave NE
N St NE from 13th Ave NE to 14th Ave NE
14th Ave NE from L St NE to O St NE
Improvement 09-06 - N 9th Street from Washington St. to Kingwood St.
B. Public Hearing - 2008-2009 Downtown Snow Removal Assessments.
C. Public Hearing - Final reading of Proposed Ordinance No. 1346 - Zoning Text Amendment - Specialty Food Shops in B2 Zones - City Administrator Vogt Recommends Dispensing with the Actual Reading.
D. Proposed Ordinance No. 1345 - An Ordinance Amending Section 520 of the Brainerd City Code Pertaining to Hunting Regulations and the Discharge of Firearms - Discussion of updates.
E. On-Sale Liquor License Regulations - Waiver Request - Discussion of.
8. New business.
A. Christmas Eve hours at City Hall - Offices to close at noon - Workers required to work a full day will receive 3.5 hours of Comp Time - Approval of.
B. 201 Washington Street - Request to allow Jimmy John's sign in 2nd Avenue NE Right-of-Way - Discussion/Approval of.
C. Spur Line Trail Right-of-Way - Requests to allow privacy fences at 1512 and 1520 South 10th Street - Discussion/Approval of.
9. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor
B - City Attorney
C - City Administrator
D - City Engineer
E - City Planner
F - Fire Chief
G - Park Director
11. Council Committee Reports.
A - Safety and Public Works Committee.
B - Personnel and Finance Committee.
C - Other committees.
12. Call for applicants.
A. Cable TV Advisory Committee - One term to expire Jan. 1, 2013
B. Public Utilities Commission - One term to expire Jan. 1, 2011
13. Adjourn - To budget workshop to be held on Nov. 9 at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Wright Street Land Deed.
2. Improvement 05-15 - South 8th Street - Change Order No. 4.
3. Improvement 09-07 - Maple Street Parking Lot - Change Order No. 1.
4. Total Station / Data Collector Quotes
5. Improvement 05-28 - Downtown Reconstruction - Sidewalk Repair Status
6. Improvement 09-01 - Sidewalk Reconstruction.
7. Improvement 09-06 - North 9th Street; Improvement 05-06 - Post Office Angle Parking; Improvement 09-07 - Maple Street Parking Lot - Status Report
8. Improvement 05-15 - South 8th Street Willow to Oak - Status Report
9. Transit Bus.
10. Downtown Parking Passes.
11. Adjourn to special meeting with School District Facilities Committee on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. in the City Hall Conference Room.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 5:45 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall Conference
1. Approval of bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
2. Emergency Radio System - Discussion of.
3. Northside Street Light Energy Savings - Pilot Project Presentation - Tom Phelps, BPU.
Equipment Analysis - Status of.
Arena Revenue Budget Amendments - Status of.
5. E Squared Cafe Building - Wine/Beer License - Property Taxes - Status of.
6. Conditional Job Offer for Paid On-Call Firefighters.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Baxter City Hall
The Baxter EDA Board will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at the Baxter City Hall.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve Council minutes of Oct. 20.
B. Payment of bills and approval of Finance Report
C. Accept Utilities Commission Minutes of Oct. 21.
1. Acknowledge receipt of the Martin's Addition Outlot A Concept Layout in order to meet the adequate facilities ordinance deadline of Dec. 1.
D. Accept Long Range Planning Commission minutes of Oct. 22.
E. Accept Parks and Recreation Commission minutes of Oct. 26.
1. Approve giving the pond hockey coordinator the option to return the pond hockey to Loren Thompson Park should the ice at Oscar Kristofferson Park not be suitable.
F. Accept ARC Special Meeting minutes of Oct. 28.
1. Approve the new earth tone color scheme for the Walmart store located at 6295 Glory Rd.
G. Approve Identity Theft Prevention Program (Red Flags Policy)
6. Pulled agenda items
7. Other business
A. Public hearing for the Certification of Delinquent Utility, Abatement and other bills - 7:05 p.m. or shortly thereafter (to be presented)
B. Transfer of duties of Local Board of Adjustment & Equalization to County.
C. Request of Great River Energy for easement to construct and maintain an electric transmission line.
8. Council comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney's report
10. City Administrator's report
11. Adjourn to project work session on Nov. 5 at 6 p.m.
Crow Wing County meetings
1 p.m. Monday, Extension Committee, Land Services, Land Services conference room
6:15 p.m. Monday, Crow Wing County Housing and Redevelopment Authority, Brainerd Lakes Chamber, Brainerd Lakes Area Development Corporation Conference Room
9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission, Airport Conference Room
7:30 a.m. Wednesday, Regional Business Council, Brainerd Lakes Chamber Offices
Pillager Board of Education
Meets 7 a.m. Monday
I. Call to order
II. Goal tree
Meets 7 a.m. Wednesday
I. Call to order
II. Goal tree
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room
1. 9 a.m. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. 9:05 a.m. Robert Yochum - County Administrator.
a. Approve Consent Agenda.
b. 2010 Citizen Budget Committee recommendations.
c. Report back on Personnel Committee of the board meeting.
d. Report back on AMC District II meeting.
3. 9:30 a.m. Ane Rogers - HHVS Director.
a. Veteran Services Division reports for 2nd and 3rd quarters 2009 - Kathy Ramos.
b. Child Placement Costs for September 2009 in the amount of $151,513.
c. Cass County Out of Home Placement Screening Team report for September 2008-September 2009 - Reno Wells.
d. Acceptance of Statewide Health Improvement Program Grant with permission to advertise for a contract position as recommended by the Budget Committee.
4. 10 a.m. Public Hearing - Repeal Feedlot Management Ordinance.
5. 10:05 a.m. John Sumption, John Ringle - Environmental Services Department.
a. Award maintenance quotes on Shingobee Island Community septic system.
b. Report back on LCCMR Proposal No. 97-C - Conserving sensitive and priority shorelands in Cass County.
c. County wetland management plan and ordinance update.
d. Report on changes in MN Rules 7080 - onsite wastewater systems.
6. 10:30 a.m. Steve Kuha - Assessor.
a. 3rd Quarter Foreclosure Report.
7. 10:45 a.m. Larry Wolfe - Chief Financial Officer, Tim Richardson - Central Services Director.
a. County minimum contract standards.
8. 11 a.m. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Public hearing - Capital Improvement Plan, Nov. 17 beginning at 10:30 a.m. Cass County Land Department Meeting Room, Backus.
b. Establish annual Planning Retreat - Jan. 22, Cass County Land Department, Backus.
9. 11:05 a.m. Adjourn.
1. Approve Board Minutes of Oct. 20.
2. Approve auditor warrants dated Oct. 22 in the amount of $469,996.30.
3. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated Oct. 23 in the amount of $237,987.41.
4. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated Oct. 23 in the amount of $84,773.86.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated Oct. 29 in the amount of $537,514.61.
6. Approve Auditor warrants dated Oct. 29 in the amount of $1,736.
7. Approve licenses - Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
8. Approve personnel items.
9. Appoint - Dick Downham and Bob Kangas (alternate) as MCIT voting delegates during AMC Conference on Dec. 7-9.
10. Authorize use of 25 percent Fund county allocation in the amount of $1,225 for school forest project at Northland/Remer School for 49 participants one day visit on Oct. 20 to Deep Portage Conservation Reserve, Hackensack.
11. Authorize use of 25 percent Fund county allocation in the amount of $3,550 for school forest project at Pine River-Backus Elementary School for 142 participants one day visit on Oct. 21, 2009 to Deep Portage Conservation Reserve, Hackensack.
12. Approve the City of Federal Dam fire contract for Unorganized Townships from Jan. 1, 2009 - Dec. 31, 2009, in the amount of $4,100.
13. Authorize Chief Financial Officer Larry Wolfe to sign Medicare Part D refund with Milliman, Inc.
14. Approve pay (No. 3985284) request for AGC Re-Use Project to Kimley-Horn & Assoc. in the amount of $ 23,700.00 (capital fund).
15. Approve Assessor's Office Abatements.
16. Receive and file - 2010 Committee Appointment list, and direct staff to advertise committee openings on the Cass County Website and provide personal notice to incumbents.
17. Receive and file monthly HHVS Cash Accounts Report to date, Sept. 30 in the amount of $7,749,810.
18. Approve acceptance of the HHVS grant in the amount of $2,400 from the MN Department of Human Services, Child Safety and Permanency Division, to purchase recording equipment for use in child abuse cases and to receive training related to this equipment. This is in coordination with the Cass County Sheriffs Department.
19. Approve the Medica amendment to the HHVS agreement to serve the Minnesota Senior Health Options members. This includes adjustments to reflect the 2.58 percent COLA decrease issued by the Department of Human Services effective Oct. 1.
20. Approve the Minnesota Department of Health Assurances and Agreements for Local Public Health funding with the Cass County Health, Human and Veteran Services Board for 2010.
21. Approve change order No. 1 - Abatement of Asbestos to Grivette Environmental not to exceed $5,000 or Project No. 1-915 Shady Hollow Rd SW, Pillager, MN 56473, PIN No. 41-128-4112.
22. Approve Resolution No. 67-09 - Authorizing final payment for Contract No. 67102, (SP 11-671-02) CSAH 71- Ten Mile Lake Road.
23. Approve Resolution No. 68-09 - Authorizing final payment for Contract No. 59604, (SP 11-596-042) project within the City of Federal Dam.
24. Approve Resolution No. 69-09 - Authorizing final payment for Contract No. 7001, (SP 11-037-01) - CSAH's 1, 18, 70 and 77.
25. Authorization for Deep Portage Conservation to proceed in soliciting for quotes for a new well.
26. Authorize purchase of seven Sheriff's Squad Cars from 2010 budget from the state contract.
27. Authorize purchase of one marked Sheriff's Squad Car fulfilling Cass County's obligation pursuant to the City of Cass Lake Law Enforcement contract.
28. Award quote on HHVS Building repairs (furring/caulking joints on outside west wall of 1st floor) not to exceed $1,100.
29. Receive and file MN Counties Insurance Trust 2008 Annual Report.
30. Receive and file - Timber auction results of October 29.
31. Approve invitation to Cass County MN Legislative delegation to Dec. 15 regular board meeting.
32. Award quote on HHVS Phase I repairs to HHVS Bldg. (furring out west outside wall 1st floor) not to exceed $2,949.
33. Authorize Central Services Director to assign equipment to the University of MN Extension Service - NEA Program.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.