Wednesday 8 a.m. Crow Wing County Business Council, Brainerd Lakes Area Chambers of Commerce, Brainerd office.
Thursday 2 p.m. Open bids , direct sale of tax forfeited land, Outlot C, Block 1, Breezy Point Club, County Auditor's Office. 5:15 p.m. Board of Adjustment, Welton Hall in Elks Club Building.
Friday 10 a.m. Canvassing Board, Commissioner's Room.
Monday, Nov. 8 5 p.m. Crow Wing County Housing and Redevelopment Authority, Commissioners' Room.
Cass County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioner's Board Room
1. Call to order
a. Pledge of Allegiance
b. Approval of agenda (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time.)
2. Robert Yochum County Administrator
a. Consent agenda
b. Local legislative initiatives 2005 session
3. Dave Enblom Highway Engineer
a. Update on county highway capital program
b. Amend highway department commercial drivers license policy.
4. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule
a. Sky Blue Waters Meeting, Jan. 13, 2005, 10:30 a.m. Cass County Board Meeting Room, Courthouse, Walker.
b. Region 5 Legislative Commission Medical Examiner meeting
c. County wide health care task force meeting, Dec. 13, 2004, Hackensack Senior Center, Hackensack.
5. Executive session Labor negotiation strategy closed meeting to the public pursuant to M.S. 13D.03.
1. Approve board minutes of Oct. 19.
2. Approve auditor warrants dated Oct. 21, 2004 in the amount of $401,759.49.
3. Approve HHVS warrants dated Oct. 22, 2004 in the amount of $59,192.44.
4. Approve HHVS warrants dated Oct. 22, 2004 in the amount of $156,784.63.
5. Approve auditor warrants dated Oct. 28, 2004 in the amount of $114,664.03.
6. Approve auditor warrants dated Oct. 28, 2004 in the amount of $1,215.00.
7. Approve personnel actions.
8. Approve licenses Tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
9. Authorize change order to Inguadona Lake Trail project (Triple Twp.) in the amount of $4,500.00.
10. Receive and file MN Office of Environmental Assistance Score Block Grant in the amount of $31,996.00.
11. Approve final plat of Webb Lake Forest (Woodrow Township) approved by Planning Commission on Sept. 28, 2004.
12. Approve final plat of Duck Point Woods (Ottertail Penninsula Township) approved by Planning Commission on Aug. 24, 2004.
13. Approve final plat of Cardarelle (Woodrow Township) approved by Planning Commission on June 23.
14. Approve final plat of Bald Eagle Point (Crooked Lake Township) approved by Planning Commission on Aug. 24.
15. Approve final plat of Lakeside Storage (Leech Lake Township) approved by Planning Commission on Oct. 26. 2004.
16. Authorize addition of Fortis Dental Plan to Cass County Cafeteria Health Care Program (no county contribution, employee elective benefit.)
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Wednesday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent agenda The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the consent agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the consent agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion.
A. Approval of council minutes, public hearings, budget workshop and bond sale of Oct. 19, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29.
B. Payment of bills and approval of Finance Report
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Oct. 20.
1. Approve the request for street lighting on Firewood Drive.
D. Accept Parks and Recreation Commission minutes of Oct. 25.
1. Accept fees per ordinance for the preliminary plat of Perch Lake Estates and the developer will construct the 66 foot trail connection to city specification as submitted on the preliminary plat.
2. Accept fees per ordinance for the preliminary/final plat of Phase Three Shanandoah Office Park and using park fee credits as per agreement with Navillus Land Company.
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Oct. 27.
F. Canvass the certification of election results to the county auditor.
G. Approve Assessment agreement with Craig MacDonald
H. Authorize purchase of building department truck from state bids as approved in the 2004 budget.
I. Accept petition for improvements for Firewood Dr. from Craig MacDonald.
J. Approve the developer's agreement with Craig MacDonald for Firewood Dr.
K. Approve the assessment agreement with Craig MacDonald for Outlot B, Excelsior Place First Addition.
L. Adopt lease agreement for fiber optic cable.
5. Pulled agenda items
6. Other business
A. Public hearing 7:30 p.m. Vacation of easements/Haglin Office Park.
B. Public hearing 7:45 p.m. Lake Forest Road Assessment Hearing
C. Jerold Backstrom Lot split at 4963 Cedar Scenic Road.
D. Tim Notch, Nature Conservancy National Fire Plan Grant presentation
E. Discussion and adoption of Clearwater/Inglewood Improvement Assessment
F. Whipple Beach/Berrywood Park Restrooms D. L. Fason to present.
G. Adopt ordinance amendment regarding membership of the Utilities Commission.
H. Mechanical fees
I. Discussion of Administrative Enforcement Ordinance and appoint of hearing officers.
J. Planning and Zoning Actions
1. Approve the Preliminary/final plat of Phase Three Shanandoah Office Park with conditions.
L. Set date for budget workshop
7. Public Comments
9. Council comments
A. Mark Cross Industrial and Economic Development and other comments
B. Rosemary Franzen Parks and Recreation and other comments
C. Gary Muehlhausen Utilities, Personnel and police and other mayoral comment.
D. Darrel Olson Planning and Zoning and other comments
E. Barb Wells Long Range Planning and other comments
10. City attorney
11. City Administrator/Staff reports
A. A Kinder site
Pillager School Board
Meets 8 a.m. Tuesday
I. Call to order
II. Discussion on principal's contracts
III. Discussion on the procedure for the replacement of the superintendent
Little Falls School Board
Meets 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Superintendent's Office, Little Falls Community High School
1. Call to order
2. Resolution canvassing returns of votes of school district special election
3. Resolution authorizing issuance of certificates of election and directing the school district clerk to perform other election related duties
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent calendar (Notice to public), All matter listed are considered routine by the council and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Oct. 18.
B. Approval of the 2004 licenses Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses 2 New.
2. Contractor's licenses 1 Renewal.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Fire chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
D. Deferred assessment application See Personnel and Finance Committee agenda No. 4.
E. Mr. Kurt Doree fire fighter Completed qualifications for paid on-call firefighter Effective Oct. 1 Recommended by acting fire chief Underhill and City Administrator Vogt.
F. Approval of bills Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
5. Unfinished business
A. Public hearing Proposed assessments for improvement Nos. 04-03 (Stonebridge), 04-02 (Oak Street Phase II), 03-07 (Russell Road), 03-04 (Wonderland Park Rd utilities), 03-01 (Oak Street), 02-14 (B St. NE), 02-03 (5th Avenue NE), and 00-13 (Hawkins Drive) Consider adoption of resolution setting final assessments Discussion of.
B. Public hearing - Proposed assessments for downtown snow removal Consider adoption of resolution setting final assessments Discussion of.
C. Adoption of a bond resolution for issuance of revenue bonds for construction of a senior housing facility to be located in Detroit Lakes.
D. Wausau Paper Resolution authorizing execution of amended loan agreement between the city and the state Department of Employment and Economic Development ("DEED") designating the economic development authority of the city of Brainerd ("Authority") as a "local development organization" serving the economic and development needs of the city of Brainerd, and approving a Grant and Loan Administration Agreement between the city and the Authority.
E. Public hearing Final reading Proposed Ordinance No. 1247 An ordinance amending section 1160 of the Brainerd City Code relating to taxicabs.
F. First reading Proposed Ordinance No. 1248 An ordinance amending Ordinance No. 812 pertaining to zoning in the city of Brainerd NE corner of SW 4th and Laurel Streets from R-3 (multiple family) to B-2 (Neighborhood Business ).
G. First reading Proposed ordinance No. 1249 An ordinance amending section 515.15 pertaining to sideyard setbacks in the R-F (rural residential) district.
6. New business
A. 2004 bond issue providing for the issuance and sale of $1,210,000 General Obligation Improvement Bonds, Series 2004A.
7. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
B. City attorney
C. City administrator
D. City engineer
E. Fire chief
9. Council committee reports
A. Safety and Public Works Committee
B. Personnel and Finance Committee
C. Other committees
10. Committee recommendations Recommended by Mayor Wallin
A. Mr. Greg Roberts Park Board Term to expire 1/1/07.
11. Committee resignation Recommended by Mayor Wallin Approval of.
A. Mr. Randy Miller Library Board Effective 10/1/04.
12. Call for applicants.
A. Library Board Term to expire 1/1/08.
13. Adjourn to budget workshop meeting on Monday, Nov. 8, 2004 at 7 p.m.
NOTE: Safety and Public Works Committee will meet at 6:45 p.m.
Personnel and Finance Committee will meet at 7 p.m.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6:45 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. City garage demolition estimates
2. Volunteer demolition of hazardous structures
3. Transit policy amendment
4. Assessment hearings Adoption of resolution adopting assessments.
5. Sidewalks in Brainerd Oaks (discussion of)
6. Adoption of resolution setting connection charges
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. Golden gloves boxing request status.
2. City planner search status
3. Fire chief search status
4. Application for deferment of assessment Frank and Betty Colvin
Breezy Point City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Call to order
Consent calendar (Notice to Public) all matters listed in this form are considered routine by the council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the council votes on the motion to adopt.
a. Approval of claims 11/1/04
b. Approval of agenda
c. Approval of minutes: Oct. 4, regular; Oct. 13, special; Sept. 7, special; Sept. 7, regular; Sept. 20, special; Sept. 27, special.
d. Notices and communications
1. CWC Bikeway thank you
2. Crow Wing Power
Public comments #1 Time for citizens to come before the council for the first time with concerns.
1. Police Department
a. Monthly report
2. Public Safety Building
b. Phone system
3. Public Works
a. Monthly report
b. Res. 04-57 adopting policy on staff expenditures
c. Huron Circle stormwater recommendations (engineer's estimate)
d. Res. 04-73 accepting report and calling hearing on Eagle Lane/Sparrow
e. Res. 04-74 calling hearing on assessment Eagle/Sparrow
f. Res. 04-75 authorizing purchase and installation or road signs
g. Res. 04-76 accepting dedication of roads
h. Res. 04-77 accepting dedication of roads
i. Res. 04-78 removing ERU (resort maint. building)
j. Appeal of assessment for road improvement Hedberg
k. Update on road classification definitions
l. Retaining was (surfside/beachside) Order engineering
3. Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment
a. Liaison report
b. Ordinance 119 zoning amendments summary for publication
c. Appeal of variance denials Dahlen
d. Appeal of variance extension request denial Breezy Point Int'l
e. (Update/response) Thirty Lakes Watershed Stormwater
7. Cable Commission
8. City Attorney
9. City engineer
1. Gambling permit
2. Offer to purchase land (Lots 54, 55, 13th addition)
3. Set date for second monthly meeting (including Certification of Special Assessments)
4. Set date for meeting to canvass election results
Public Comments #2
Adjourn (This agenda is not exclusive. Other items may be discussed as deemed necessary.)
Continued agenda items for future meetings
1. Ordinance establishing a Park Advisory Commission
2. 2005 sewer project selection
3. Piney Way road extension request
5. Ski trail parking lot
6. Adopt formal building code ordinance, fee schedule, hire official
7. Breezy Point business park rezoning and covenants
8. Road improvement bond
9. Septic system
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.