Meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Approve agenda
2. Approve consent calendar:
Minutes from previous meeting
Payment of bills - Japke and Quance
3. Public hearing at 7:05 p.m. to consider request to vacate Sargeant Avenue from 6th Street S.E. to the north-south alley between Fifth and Sixth Streets Southeast.
4. Update on the Community Concern for Youth Program and 2005 funding request Steve Commerford
5. Consider request from Staples Fire Department to build a confined space trailer to be used for an SCBA (Self-Containing Breathing Apparatus).
6. Consider requests from Colleen Donley for a concert in her parking lot, Lefty's Beer Wagon on the dance area, and a street dance.
7. Consider request from George Martin to reduce the speed limit on first avenue (CSAH No. 42) between 3rd Street Northeast and Hwy No. 10.
8. Consider whether to waive the monetary limits on municipal tort liability established by Minnesota statutes.
9. Committee reports
Planning and Zoning Commission
Fifth Street Northeast Issues Committee
Consider proceeding with a negotiated sale of Lot 3, Block 17, Original City of Staples to Staple Food Corporation in the amount of $14,000.
10. Open forum
11. city administrator's report
12. Discussion brought forward by city council members
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.