Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
There will be a Baxter City Council Project work session at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve Council minutes of Oct. 6 and 14
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Oct. 7
1. Approve the Wenck proposal to assist with completion of the Roadway Functional Classification System in the estimated amount of $5,700.
2. Approve WSN proceeding with submittal to the DNR with Option No. 3 for monitoring requirements for the Water Emergency and Conservation Plan using well No. 7 for current DNR aquifer readings and assure the DNR that the City will phase in the drilling of the new observation well within the next five years due to current budget constraints.
3. Approve the WSN Proposal for Environmental Services for Wetland Monitoring and the annual report in the estimated amount of $5,292.
D. Accept Water Tower Subcommittee minutes of Sept. 2 and Oct. 7.
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Oct. 13.
F. Approve the out of state training at Miox Corporation in Albuquerque, N.M., for Public Works employee Steve Karels in the amount not to exceed $1,000 in conference and travel expenses from the water budget.
G. Set a council work session for Nov. 16 at 6 p.m. to review the 2010 Budget.
6. Pulled agenda items
7. Other business
A. Ordinance No. 2009-16 Concerning Social Hosts
1. Adopt Ordinance No. 2006-16 Amending Title 5 of the Baxter City Code Concerning Social Hosts.
C. Matters pertaining to Loren Thompson Park
1. Approve long range master plan for Loren Thompson Park.
2. Review options for Loren Thompson Park Plan improvements.
3. Review quotes for Loren Thompson Park Plan.
D. Planning and Zoning Actions
1. Approve the variance request to reduce the required rear yard setback from 30 to 27 feet to allow a 16x28 square foot addition to the principle structure for Daniel Bednarek, 5839 Sandstone Rd. per staff findings and conditions.
8. Council comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney's Report
10. City Administrator's Report
Crow Wing County Committee of the Whole
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County board room, third floor, Historic Courthouse, Brainerd
1. Legislative update
1.1. Legislative update
1.2. Issues on the Horizon
2. Pan Flu preparedness and delegation of authority
3. Authority to maintain and manage County Ditch No. 13
4. Jail health update
5. OPEB Funding Strategy
6. Sewer Management District Funding Options
7. Other board activities
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
3 p.m. Monday, Personnel Committee, Historic Courthouse, Administrator's Conference Room
5 p.m. Tuesday, Historical Society Committee, Museum
5 p.m. Tuesday, Human Rights Commission, Central Lakes College
9 a.m. Wednesday, Central Minnesota Community Corrections (CMCC) Executive Committee, Land Services Building, CMCC Administration Office, Suite 32
10 a.m. Wednesday, Request for Proposals - Dog Control Officer for Unorganized Territory, Historic Courthouse, Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room
10:15 a.m. Wednesday, Request for Proposals - Holding facility for impounded dogs in Unorganized Territory: Historic Courthouse, Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room
2 p.m. Wednesday, Benefits Committee, Land Services Building, Land Services Conference Room
3 p.m. Wednesday, Community Health Services Advisory Committee, Community Services, Health Department Conference Room
2 p.m. Thursday, Parks and Trails Advisory Committee, Land Services Building, Land Services Conference Room
7 p.m. Thursday, Region 5 Development Commission, Staples.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.