Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent Calendar - All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Oct. 5 and the budget workshop held on Oct. 13 as distributed.
B. Approval of licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's Licenses - 2 - New.
C. Department Reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to Council.
2. Police Chief's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
3. Finance director's report distributed to Mayor and Council.
4. City Attorney's Quarterly Report distributed to Mayor and Council.
5. Approval of bills and transfer of funds - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
6. New business.
A. Request for consideration of Code Waiver - Former Chopper's Facility.
7. Planning Commission.
A. First Reading - Proposed Ordinance No. 1346 - Zoning Text Amendment - Specialty Food Shops in B2 Zones - City Administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
8. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor
B - City Attorney
C - City Administrator
D - City Engineer
E - City Planner
F - Police Chief
G - Finance Director
10. Council Committee Reports.
A - Personnel and Finance Committee.
B - Safety and Public Works Committee.
C - Other Committees.
11. Call for applicants.
A. Cable TV Advisory Committee - One term to expire Jan. 1, 2013
B. Public Utilities Commission - One term to expire Jan. 1, 2011
12. Adjourn - To closed session to discuss union negotiations, a joint meeting between Council and Planning Commission to be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Council Chambers to discuss the Zoning Map, and the joint meeting between Council and Planning Commission to be held at 6 p.m. Oct. 26 to discuss the Draft Subdivision Ordinance.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall conference room
1. Approval of bills and transfer of funds - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
2. Street Lighting Options - Tom Phelps, Brainerd Public Utilities.
3. Ratification of PERA Phased Retirement Agreement for Charles Vandeberg - Effective Jan.1, 2010, through December 2010 - Approval of.
4. Arena Equipment Inspection Reports - Status of.
Safety and public works committee
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Snow plowing options and procedures.
2. Improvement 05-01 - College Drive Reconstruction.
A. Authorization to make offers based on certified appraisals
B. Authorize city attorney to initiate Eminent Domain 90-Day Quick take proceedings as necessary
C. Authorize proper city officials to sign and record Right-of-Way Plat
D. Schedule workshop with ISD 181 Facilities Committee
E. College Drive Assessment Hearing
3. 2008-2009 Downtown Snow Removal Assessments - Set public hearing for 7:30 p.m. Nov. 2.
4. Improvement 05-28 - Downtown Reconstruction.
A. Final change order
B. Request to amend services agreement
5. TRLF loan application/State Bonding.
6. Front Street Parking.
7. South 8th Street Scoping meeting 6 p.m. Oct. 27 in the City Hall Conference Room.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.