Monday -- 4 p.m., Certificate of Survey Task Force, Commissioners' Room; 7 p.m., Central Minnesota Community Corrections Advisory Board, Brainerd Police Department Meeting Room.
Tuesday -- 8 a.m., Building & Grounds Committee & CAM (Core Planning Group), CAM; 5 p.m., Human Rights Commission, Commissioners' Room.
Wednesday -- 9 a.m., Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee, Central Minnesota Community Corrections Administration Office; 1:30 p.m., Drug Court Team Meeting, County Attorney's Office; 3 p.m., Methamphetamine Prevention Efforts Committee, County Health Department; 3 p.m., Community Health Services Advisory Committee, Commissioners' Room.
Thursday -- 5:15 p.m., Board of Adjustment, Commissioners' Room.
Friday -- 9 a.m., Mississippi Headwaters Board, Walker.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes of Oct. 4.
B. Payment of bills and approval of Finance Report.
C. Accept Utilities commission minutes of Oct. 5.
1. Accept the 100 percent petition from Navillus Land Company for sanitary sewer, water, stormwater and bituminous streets east of Jasperwood Drive as depicted on the map on the 100 percent petition form.
2. Approve Change Order No. 3 to Gopher State Contractors in the amount of a deduct of $700 for the 2004 Whipple Beach and Berrywood Park bathrooms.
3. Approve partial pay estimate No. 6 to Gopher State Contractors in the amount of $43,035.01 for the 2004 Whipple Beach and Berrywood Park bathrooms.
4. Approve Change Order No. 4 to Tom's Backhoe Services in the credit amount of $9,230.07 for the 2005 Cherrywood Drive, Northwoods Estates and section 6 Stormwater Outlet Improvements.
5. Approve partial pay estimate No. 5 to Tom's Backhoe Service in the amount of $286,542.93 for the 2005 Cherrywood Drive, Northwoods Estates and section 6 Storm Water Improvement Project.
6. Approve change Order No. 4 to Pratt's Affordable Excavating in the amount of $1,532.20 for the 2004 Art Ward, Laverne Circle and Whipple Beach improvements.
7. Approve partial pay estimate No. 7 to Pratt's Affordable Excavating in the amount of $25,460.96 for the 2004 Art Ward Drive, Laverne Circle and Whipple Beach improvements.
8. Approve Change Order No.2 in the amount of $1,820 to Tom's Backhoe service for minor modifications to the 2005 Parkwood Drainage Improvements Phase II.
9. Approve partial pay estimate in the amount of $26,122.59 to Tom's Backhoe service for the 2005 Parkwood drainage Improvements.
10. Approve partial pay estimate No. 1 to Tom's Backhoe services in take amount of $156,351.60 for the 2005 Forthun Road and Hastings Road improvements project.
11. Approve partial pay estimate No. 1 to Larson Excavating in the amount of $132,307.73 for the 2005 East Perch Lake improvements.
12. Approve partial pay estimate No. 1 to AAA striping in the amount of $26,123.57 for the 2005 city striping.
13. Approve the Macdonald site improvements on Jewelwood Court with contingencies.
14. Acknowledge the receipt of Marick Development Concept Plan No. 1 to meet the Dec. 1 deadline under the adequate Facilities Ordinance No. 9-5-2.
15. Acknowledge the receipt of Marick Development concept plan No. 2 in order to meet the Dec. 1 deadline under the adequate facilities ordinance.
16. Accept the Benshoof and Associates supplement to the roadway system plan for the city of Baxter and Corridor Plan for Cypress Drive and County Road 48.
17. Approve the purchase of a compact portable sampler in the amount of $3,900 plus tax and freight contingent on if sewer budget allows.
18. Approve leaving the driveway at 14051 Inglewood Drive as constructed.
19. Approve the Northwood Turf and Power disposal of the 1980 1-212 model tractor and the Murray Ultra 16 hp at no cost to the city of baxter.
20. Set the public hearing for Kirkwood/Woida Road Improvement Project for 7:30 p.m. Nov. 22.
D. Accept Parks and Trails minutes of Oct. 10.
1. Require businesses to provide their own trail signs on their driveways, making them yield to traffic along the trail network.
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Oct. 11.
F. Adopt Ordinance No. 2005-7 changing polling places within the city of Baxter.
G. Adopt Resolution No. 05-10/2-1 accepting trail grant and agreement to match funds.
H. Set public hearing for Lindar Corp. JOBZ zone benefits for 7:15 p.m. Nov. 1.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Assessment hearing for Forthun and Hastings Road extensions -- 7:30 p.m.
B. Planning and Zoning.
1. Approve the amended CUP to operate a motor fuel station at Wal-Mart located at 7295 Glory Road with conditions.
2. Approve the ordinance amendment to allow hospitals for human care, sanitariums, rest homes and nursing homes in OS Zoning districts with the stipulation of maintaining the 100-foot setback from all property lines.
3. Deny the CUP to construct a psychiatric hospital on Clearwater Road for Utopia Properties based on the previous motion to approve the ordinance amendment to allow hospitals for human care, sanitariums, rest homes and nursing homes in OS zoning districts with the stipulation of maintaining the 100-foot setback from all property lines. The CUP would not meet those setback requirements.
4. Approve the ordinance amendment to remove hospitals for human care and sanitariums out of R-3 Zoning Districts and transfer into OS Zoning Districts.
5. Approve the Ordinance Amendment in R-3 Zoning Districts to allow flexible setbacks which will be determined on a case by case basis after site assessments based on such issues as topography and storm water plans, excluding hospitals for human care and sanitariums.
6. Approve the CUP to construct two 10-bed unit assisted living homes for A & L Partnership with conditions.
7. Approve the lot line correction for Brian and Julie Anderson of 4681 Michelle Circle.
8. Approve the minor subdivision plat of Dakota Division for Nancy Johnson of 6458 Clearwater Road with conditions.
9. Approve the metes and bounds lot split for Randy Ahern of 4072 Mapleton Road per staff's findings.
10. Approve the minor subdivision plat of JMS-Insignia Addition for Schoena Investments, Inc. with conditions.
C. Set date for community development director interviews.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Mark Cross -- Industrial and Economic Development and other comments.
B. Rosemary Franzen -- Parks and Recreation and other comments.
C. Randy Hukriede -- Long Range Planning and other comments.
D. Gary Muehlhausen -- Utilities and other comments.
E. Darrel Olson -- Planning and zoning and other mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
11. City administrator's report.
12. Staff reports.
13. Adjourn to closed meeting to address employee grievance.
14. Adjourn to budget workshop at 6 p.m. Oct. 24.
Pillager School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
I. Call to order.
II. Pledge of allegiance.
III. Consider additions/deletions/acceptance of the agenda.
IV. Visitor's comments.
V. Consider consent agenda.
a. Minutes of the Sept. 19 meeting.
b. Monthly cash flow including investments.
c. Consider donations: None.
VI. Special reports with possible action.
1. Consider monthly bills paid.
2. Budget Committee report.
3. Consider first update of FY06 budget.
1. Freshwater Education District report.
2. Curriculum committee report.
3. Consider assurance of compliance with prohibiting discrimination.
1. Annual staff development report.
2. Personnel Committee report.
3. Consider a special education teacher.
4. Teacher contract.
1. Projects: Keyless entry; elementary bathrooms; cleanliness report.
1. Election information -- Judges pay.
2. Consider date for election canvassing of votes.
VII. Special reports.
A. Secondary principal.
B. Elementary principal.
C. Superintendent's report.
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Commissioners' Board Room
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approve agenda.
4.1 National School Bus Safety Week.
4.2 Foreign language students, teachers and host families.
5. Third quarter budget report.
6. Policy 902 -- Use of school district facilities and equipment.
7. ISD #482 administrative procedure No. 902 Community use of school facilities procedural guide.
8. Policy 102 -- Equal Education Opportunities.
9. Policy 301 -- School District Administration.
10. Policy 302 -- Superintendent.
11. Policy 412 -- Expense reimbursement.
12. ISD #482 -- Administrative procedure #412 Expense reimbursement.
13. Policy 413 -- Harassment and violence.
14. Policy 521 -- Student disability nondiscrimination.
15. Policy 522 -- Student gender nondiscrimination.
16. Policy 533 -- Pledge of Allegiance.
17. Poly 701.2 -- Reserve balance and fiscal management practices.
18. Policy 705 -- Investments.
19. Policy 706 --Acceptance of gifts.
20. Policy 425 -- Substitute pay for certified and non-certified staff.
21. ISD #482 administrative procedure #425 Substitute pay.
22. Duty stipends.
23. Approval of cleaners contract.
24. Consent agenda.
24.2 Approval of minutes.
24.3 approval of bills.
24.4 MCICC designee.
25. Public comments.
26. Reports from board members.
27. Superintendent's report.
Nisswa City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Wednesday
* Police chief.
* City engineer.
* City attorney.
* Nisswa Chamber of Commerce.
A. Amend ordinance re. petty and misdemeanor fines.
B. Approve final plat of Summerhaven 2nd addition.
C. Rezone Lord property.
D. Rezone BSL group property.
E. Rezone CTC.
F. Nisswa Avenue vacation.
G. Acceptance of Whitetail Heights road and release letter of credit.
H. Discuss overlay of Pine Haven Road.
I. Acceptance of Padre Place Road and release letter of credit.
J. Approve construction invoices.
* Council members.
Presentation of claims.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.