Commissioner's Board Room
8:30 a.m. Facility tour -- Courthouse campus.
1. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda.
2. Robert Yochum -- County administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Insurance Committee recommendations 2006 Health Insurance Program.
c. Trelipe cell tower status report.
3. Sharon K. Anderson -- Auditor-Treasurer.
a. Shingobee Island SWD report.
b. Set date for local election equipment plan hearing.
c. Request for tax statement inserts.
4. Dorothy Opheim -- HHVS director.
a. Child placement costs for Aug. 2005 in the amount of $255,324.
b. review the powers and duties of the Board of Health. Review timelines for CHS requirements and structure changes.
c. Title IVE Child Welfare Demonstration Project (Minnesota Permanency Demonstration (MPD) update and approval of the Memorandum of Understanding with the MN Department of Human Services.
5. Norm Moody -- Land Commissioner.
a. Authorize Land Department to acquire parcel in Ssec. 19 Twp. 141 N, Rge. 25W (Lima Twp.)
b. approve road easement transfer/extension for Troy and Elizabeth Peterson (Wabedo Twp.).
c. Authorize 2006 conservation education allocation (State In-Lieu 085), to SWCD not to exceed $3,500.
6. Gene Merriam -- Commissioner of the Department of Natural Resources.
7. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Region 5 organizational meeting, Thursday, Oct. 20, 2005, 7-9 p.m. site to be determined.
b. Annual EDC Meeting, Thursday Nov. 3, 5:30 p.m. Northern Lights Convention Center, Walker.
c. MCIT Risk Management Training, Monday, Nov. 28, 1 p.m. Board Room, courthouse, Walker.
1. Approve board minutes of Oct. 4.
2. Approve HHVS warrants dated Sept. 29 in the amount of $25.
3. Approve HHVS warrants dated Sept. 290 in the amount of $130.
4. Approve manual auditor warrants dated September in the amount of $1,274,980.77.
5. Approve auditor warrants dated Oct. 6 in the amount of $204,608.32.
6. Approve HHVS warranted dated Oct. 7 in the amount of $147,469.62.
7. Approve HHVS warrants dated Oct. 7 in the amount of $62,770.29.
8. Approve HHVS warrants dated Oct. 13 in the amount of $384,907.18.
9. Receive and file monthly budget reports.
10. Approve personnel actions.
11. Approve licenses -- Tobacco, 3.2. beer, liquor, gambling.
12. Receive and file auditor-treasurer's Interest Income Report for Sept. 2005.
13. Approve appointments of Cass County Board of Commissioners, Tim Richardson, Randy Fisher, Don Hoppe, Mike Carey and Robert Yochum to the County 911 Planning Committee.
14. Approve Grant Agreement No. HLRP106-2480-Bay, Kid, Kerr, Lost, Mann and McKeown Lakes Association reunion door prize in the amount of $500 from the Initiative Foundation.
15. Receive and file petition with 252 Lake Washburn residents and to withdraw Lake Washburn as a pilot lake for the Cass County Intra-Lake land use and reclassification program.
16. Receive and file the 3rd quarter ESD permit activity.
17. Report back from the Tuesday, Oct. 4 performance evaluation that Sharon Anderson achieves the requirements of the position of auditor-treasurer.
18. Receive and file FY2006 MN of Environmental Assistance Score Block Grant for Cass County in the total amount for 2006 of $63,780.
19. Approve resolution authorizing final payment on SP11-608-11(CSAH 8).
20. Receive and file grant application for Cass County District Court Wellness Court in the amount of $156,696.
21. Approve payment to Crow Wing County (jail project for Cass county 4th POD Project cost) in the amount of $586,598.
22. Receive and file Economic Development Corporation Sept.-05 Activity Rseport.
23. Receive and file monthly cash accounts report to date, Sept. 30 in the amount of $5,312,955.
24. Approve the Rural Health Outreach Grant Service Agreements, effective May 1, 2005 to April 30, 2006.
25. Approve amendment to the Due Dilligence Agreement between South Country Health Alliance and Cass County. The county attorney has reviewed and approved the content.
26. Approve Minnesota Family Investment Program and Children and Community Services Act biennial service agreement for Jan. 1, 2006 to Dec. 31, 2007.
27. Receive and file county attorney opinion -- Michael Rollins cart-way petition.
28. Receive and file notice of special election Pine River-Backus schools -- ISD #2174.
Pine River-Backus School Board
Meets Monday 7 p.m.
High School Media Center
1. Call to order and pledge to flag.
2. Welcome to visitors.
2.1 Public comments and time for interaction with the board on agenda items.
2.2 Student council representatives.
2.3 Employee of the month --Fralayla Tilbury, bus driver and food services.
2.4 Spotlight on Education -- None this month.
3. Approve agenda.
4. Approve minutes -- Sept. 19 regular, board meeting and Sept. 14 special board meeting.
5. Information items
5.1 Administrative and team reports.
5.2 Directors reports.
5.3 Enrollment reports.
5.4 Committee reports.
6. Consent calendar.
6.1 Approve bills presented.
6.2 Approve investment report.
6.3 Approve treasurer's report.
6.4 Approve electronic funds transfers and other banking transactions.
6.5 Accept resignation of BJ Allen, youth sports coordinator, and authorize replacement.
6.6 Approve list of recommended winter coaches/advisors and authorize advertising for open positions.
6.7 Approve the hiring of Barb Bumgarner as 6 hour per day instructional assistant in the Pine River Elementary.
6.8 Approve the hiring of Lenny Page for additional 2.75 hours per day instructional assistant support in SOARS program.
6.9 Approve the hiring of Nicole Smith for additional .75 hours per day instructional assistant support in the Pine River Elementary.
6.10 Approve the hiring of Lori Wolske as instructional assistant in the Pine River Elementary for 3.5 hours per day.
6.11 Approve the hiring of Gina Peterson as instructional assistant in the Pine River elementary for 2.5 hours per day.
6.12 Approve the hiring of special education teacher in the ALC.
6.13 Approve the hiring of 6.5 hour per day instructional assistant in the high school.
6.14 Eliminate 3 hour custodial position at Backus site.
6.15 Approve one hour additional maintenance worker II time daily at Pine River site.
6.16 Award diesel fuel bid.
7. Discussion items.
7.1 Audit report.
7.2 Professional development goals.
8. Action items.
8.1 Approve the audit report for the fiscal year 2004-2005.
8.2 Approve consent judgment with EEOC.
8.3 approve the structural balance report settlement with PRB Education Minnesota and Local 284 contracts.
8.4 Approve the PRB Education Minnesota contract settlement for 205-2006 and 2006-2007.
8.5 Approve the Local 284 contract settlement for 2005-2006 and 2006-2007.
8.6 Approve the hiring of JoAnne Fladung as adult basic education teacher.
8.7 Approve the hiring of Nancy Todd as .6 fte ALC teacher.
9. Open forum.
10. Next regular board meeting -- Nov. 21 at 7 p.m. Pine River-Backus High school media center.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.