A candidate forum for candidates running for city council and mayor in Baxter and Brainerd and for the Crow Wing County Board is set 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 25 in the Brainerd High School cafeteria.
The public is encouraged to attend the event or watch a live broadcast on Charter Communications channels 8 and 15. Charter will rebroadcast the event at various times until the Nov. 2 election.
The event is sponsored by the Brainerd Lakes Area Chambers of Commerce, the American Association of University Women and the League of Women Voters of the Brainerd Lakes Area. Lisa Paxton, chamber CEO, will moderate the forum.
Candidates will make opening and closing comments and respond to questions from the audience and a panel, moderated by Gloria Vande Brake of the Brainerd Dispatch, that includes Mike O'Rourke of the Dispatch and Linda Andrews of BL Broadcasting.
Following are the approximate times the various races will be featured:
* 6 p.m. -- Crow Wing County Board, District 1.
* 6:20 p.m. -- Crow Wing County Board, District 5.
* 6:40 p.m. -- Baxter mayor.
* 7 p.m. -- Baxter City Council.
* 7:30 p.m. -- Brainerd City Council, Ward 1.
* 7:55 p.m. -- Brainerd City Council, Ward 3.
* 8:15 p.m. -- Brainerd City Council, at-large.
* 9 p.m. -- Adjourn.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.