The Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation recently announced it awarded $55,500 in grants to help seven nonprofits meet the growing needs of the community.
The latest round of grants support a variety of community needs ranging from financial resources programs, families in need and a program that is expanding the use of renewable energy technology in the Brainerd lakes area.
• Lakes Area Interfaith Caregivers, Pequot Lakes, $5,000 to support projects for the elderly and disabled.
• Lutheran Social Services, Brainerd, $12,500 in funds to support HOPE Housing, Journey Transitional Living & the Counseling Center.
• Minnesota Teen Challenge, Brainerd, $7,500 in funds to support programs.
• Pillager Area Family Resource Center, $7,500 in funds to support programs.
• Riverview Church, Pine River, $8,000 to support community mental health services.
• Rural Renewable Energy Alliance, Pine River, $10,000 in funds to expand programming in Brainerd lakes area.
• Brainerd Lakes Chamber Education Association, $5,000 to support "Career Exploration Days."
For more information, about any of the individual grants, contact Susan Lorenz, program officer, at (877) 253-4380. The next deadline for grant applications is Feb. 1, 2010.
BLACF is one of more than 500 community foundations nationwide and an affiliate of the Central Minnesota Community Foundation. For more about the foundation, go online to www.communitygiving.org.
The foundation has provided about $1.2 million in grants since it started in 1998. It is a public charity that attracts and administers charitable funds for the benefit of the residents of Crow Wing and Southern Cass counties. Nonprofit organizations, particularly those with programs focusing on youth, community progress, human services, assistance to nonprofits, and building social capital, are encouraged to apply for BLACF's general grants.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.