Wednesday 9 a.m. GIS Steering Committee: Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room; 10 a.m. Bid opening annual supply of crushed rock salt; County Board Room.
Thursday 4 p.m. Board of Adjustment: County Board Room.
Cass County Board
Meets 9 a.m.
2. Robert Yochum - county administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
3. Dorothy Opheim - HHVS director.
a. Child placement costs for August, 2007, in the amount of $317,372.
b. 3rd Quarter Veterans Service Report - Faye Dudley.
c. HHVS Debt Write-Off Approval - Linda Nye and Darrel Olson.
4. Norm Moody - Land Commissioner.
a. Receive and file Cass County land sale results of Sept. 22, 2007.
b. Discuss request from city of Pine River to purchase 4.2 acres of tax forfeited land - Parcel ID#48-001-1112 - Walden Twp. to facilitate the development of a well.
c. Approve designation of Bear Island and McKinley Prairie as High Conservation Value Forest (HCVF).
5. John Sumption - ESD Director.
a. Discuss trespass on county administered land - part of Govt. Lot 6, Section 2, Twp. 141 N, Range 28 West - Kego Township.
6. Sharon Anderson - auditor-treasurer.
a. Report back on election equipment storage lease agreement.
7. Gail Leverson - NCDS.
a. Request Cass County Highway Department to act as fiscal agent for Pine River City/School District - safe routes to school grant application (no county cost).
8. Request to be heard.
a. Brenda Steidler - Island Lake Association - No Wake Zone.
9. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Cass County Annual Township Association meeting, Thursday, Oct. 4, 10 a.m., Bear Pause Theatre, Hackensack.
b. Cass County Board meeting, Tuesday, Oct. 16, Cass County Land Department, 218 Washburn Ave. East, Backus.
c. AMC District II meeting, Wednesday, Oct. 24, Holiday Inn Express, 2422 Ridgeway Ave. NW, Bemidji, MN.
d. Shingobee Township and city of Walker Joint Annexation Meeting, Thursday, Oct. 25, Cass County Commissioners Board Room, Crtse, Walker, MN.
1. Approve board minutes of Sept.18.
2. Approve auditor warrants dated Sept. 20 in the amount of $289,780.65.
3. Approve HHVS warrants dated Sept. 21, 2007 in the amount of $201,064.34.
4. Approve HHVS warrants dated Sept. 21, 2007 in the amount of $90,626.53.
5. Approve HHVS warrants dated Sept. 21, 2007 in the amount of $200.00.
6. Approve Auditor warrants dated Sept. 27, 2007 in the amount of $880.00.
7. Approve Auditor warrants dated Sept. 27, 2007 in the amount of $695,611.68.
8. Approve personnel actions.
9. Approve licenses - Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
10. Approve FY08 MN Trail Assistance Program - maintenance program Cass County snowmobile trails in the amount of $172,161.00.
11. Receive and file monthly HHVS Cash Accounts Report to date, Aug. 31, in the amount of $5,793,708.
12. Approve the 2008-09 Cass County Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) and Children and Community Services Act (CCSA) Biennial Service Agreement.
13. Receive and file Commissioner Jim Demgen's appointment to NACo's - Member, Finance and Intergovernmental Affairs Steering Committee.
14. Approve the Actuarial Equivalence Testing for the Retiree Drug Subsidy Engagement Contract in the fee amount for FY2008 - $2,500.00.
15. Receive & file Cass County annual auction results of Sept. 1.
16. Approve appointments of Jerry DeMars, and Roswell Brown to the Cass County Comprehensive Plan Update.
17. Refer petition of Summer Breeze Road NE and all of Beaver Dr. NE as a Trelipe Township Road to the Cass County Land Department.
18. Receive and file No Smoking on County Property notice to Cass County staff.
19. Refer correspondence from the Cass County Agricultural Association to a Committee of the Board.
Morrison County meetings
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Budget Committee Meeting, County Board Room, Government Center, Little Falls; 7 p.m. - Board of Adjustments Meeting, Meeting Room #1, Government Center, Little Falls.
Thursday 8:30 a.m. Department Head Committee Meeting, Meeting Room #1, Government Center, Little Falls.
Friday 8:30 a.m. TSWAC (Solid Waste) Committee Meeting, Morrison County Landfill, Little Falls.
Pillager School Board
Meets 7 a.m. Wednesday
II. Personnel negotiations.
7 a.m. Friday
VI. FY07 Audit report.
VII. Review FY08 1st budget revision.
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
4. Consent calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Sept. 17, and the amended page 8 of the Sept. 4 minutes as distributed.
B. Approval of licenses - recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses - 4 - new.
2. Contractor's licenses - 1 - renewal.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Fire chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
3. Park director's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
D. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Lease for lawful gambling activity submitted by Heartland Animal Rescue Team to conduct lawful gambling at The Eclectic 216 S. 8th Street. Brainerd - adoption of a resolution.
E. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Lease for lawful gambling activity submitted by Heartland Animal Rescue Team to conduct lawful gambling at The Blue Ox Bar. 608 Laurel Street. Brainerd - adoption of a resolution.
F. Mr. Wayne Mooney - parks and recreation director - Advance to Step "0" of the Salary Administration Plan (100 percent of base rate) $5.908.41 per month - effective Oct. 3.
G. Ms. Connie Hillman - payroll/accounting specialist. Administration Department - successful completion of six-month probationary period - change status from "probationary" to "regular and proceed to Step "B" of the Salary Administration Plan (90 percent of base rate) - $18.99 per hour effective Sept. 26.
H. Fire department - Mr. Richard Bestul - paid on-call firefighter - successful completion of one-year probationary period - change status from "probationary" to "regular" - effective Aug. 1.
I. Fire department - Mr. James Bautch - paid on-call firefighter - successful completion of one-year probationary period - change status from "probationary" to "regular" - effective Oct. 3.
J. Deferred assessment applications.
K. Approval of bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Current Character Trait - self-control.
6. Presentation - Community Behavioral Health Hospital. Baxter - Community Liaison Committee - Quarter II report - Mr. Richard Sieiter and Mr. Mark Bublitz.
7. National Community Planning Month - presentation of proclamation and Planning Commission information.
8. Unfinished business.
A. TIF request - Taco John's (Former Champion Auto/O'Reilly Auto Parts Site).
B. Clarification of Park Board and City Council right-of-way authority.
C. Wastewater Treatment Facility (WWTF) negotiations/joint meeting with Baxter - Discussion of.
9. New business.
A. First reading - proposed Ordinance No. 1311 - an ordinance amending Section 515.31 pertaining to treatment centers in B-4 General Business
District - City administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
B. Tax forfeit land sale - special assessments - discussion of.
10. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
B. City attorney.
C. City administrator.
D. City engineer.
E. City planner.
F. Fire chief.
G. Park director.
12. Council committee reports.
A. Safety and Public Works Committee.
B. Personnel and Finance Committee.
C. Other committees.
13. Committee recommendations - recommended by Mayor Wallin.
A. Transportation Board - new appointment - Ms. Mary Koep - completion of one year term to expire Jan. 1, 2008.
B. Rental housing code Board of Appeals - Five two-year terms to expire Oct. 1, 2009:
-Mr. Kurt Hanson, Residential Rental Property Manager Representative.
-Ms. Teresa Hettver, Residential Rental Property Manager Representative.
-Mr. Rick Fargo, Tenant Representative
-Mr. Kevin Pelke, Tenant Representative.
-Ms. Cynthia Dallaire, General Public Representative.
14. Call for applicants.
A. Charter Commission, Rental Housing Board, Economic Development Authority
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 5:30 p.m.
City Council Chambers
1. Washington Street Administration Building Parking.
2. Improvement 05-28 - Downtown RFP - Consultant Selection Committee.
3. Concept Plan - Brainerd Business Park.
4. Sanitary sewer issues update.
5. Boulevard management.
6. Parking lot at 213 NW 4th Street.
7. Outdoor smoking and/or alcohol serving areas.
8. Rental housing issues.
A. Orders to vacate non-licensed/unfit units.
B. Non-conforming status.
9. Sidewalks - votes required to allow removal.
10. Alleged violations.
11. Planning Commission.
A. Text amendment
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:45 p.m.
Security status report.
2. Arena scheduling - consider special meeting date.
3. Local option sales tax collection status.
4. TIF request - Taco John's .
5. 2008 budget and levy status/update.
6. Fire inspection - quarterly report..
7. Mr. Wayne Mooney - Parks and Recreation director - Advance to Step "0" of the Salary Administration Plan (100 percent of base rate) - $5,908.41 per month - Effective October 3.
8. Ms. Connie Hillman - payroll/accounting specialist, Administration Department - Successful completion of six-month probationary period -- change status from "probationary" to "regular" and proceed to Step "B" of the Salary Administration Plan (90 percent of base rate) $18.99 per hour - effective Sept. 26.
9. Fire department - Mr. Richard Bestul - Paid on-call firefighter - successful completion of one-year probationary period - change status from "probationary" to
"regular" - effective Aug.1.
10. Fire Department - Mr. James Bautch - paid on-call firefighter - successful completion of one-year probationary period - change status from "probationary" to "regular" -
effective Oct. 3.
11. Deferred assessment applications.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Approve the updated Forestview Drive Area Improvements Feasibility Report.
2. Approve the Anderson Brothers Construction final pay estimate No. 1 in the amount of $361,500.96 contingent on the Baxter Town Center Plat being recorded before payment to Anderson Brothers Construction.
3. Accept the partial work completed to date by Anderson Brothers Construction and partial release of Anderson Brothers Construction Performance and Payment Bond No. 104716439 in the amount of $1,834.705 and the Developers Irrevocable Letter of Credit No. BTCI in the amount of $394,082.50 contingent on the Baxter Town Center Plat being recorded before releasing funds.
4. Approve the WSN additional construction observation and management contract in the amount of $5,669.75 for the public works facility.
5. The Advanced Engineering Additional. Construction Observation and Management Contract in the amount of $69,853 for the water treatment plant.
6. Approve the Tom's Backhoe Service Change Order No. 1 in the amount of $7,770.72 for the Fairview Train Extension Project.
D. Accept Architectural Review Committee minutes of Sept. 20.
1. Approve the design for the Autumn Glenn Senior Housing Project with contingency.
E. Accept Parks and Recreation Commission minutes of Sept. 24.
F. Adopt Resolution No. 07-10/1-2 proclaiming Oct. 1-7 as Community Homecoming Week in Baxter.
G. Approve Kevin Dens dental office parking setback agreement.
H. Authorize the mayor and city clerk to execute the assessment agreement for the minimum market value on the Autumn Glenn Tax Increment Project, per the terms of the original TIF development agreement.
I. Set a special council meeting for Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 5:50 p.m. to set the terms of the sale of the 2007B G.O. Improvement Bonds.
J. Set a special council meeting for Thursday, Nov. 15 at 6 p.m. to award the sale for the 207B G.O. Improvement Bonds.
K. Authorize the finance director to execute the Minnesota Department of Revenue Sales and Use Tax Agreement consenting to a change in tax based upon the recent audit.
L. Approve road maintenance agreement for Woida Rd.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Public hearing for delinquent water bills - 7:15 p.m.
B. Community Behavioral Health Hospital Report.
C. Siren at Inglewood and Highway 210.
D. Set date for town meeting.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Jim Klein - Industrial and Economic Development.
B. Rob Moser - Parks and Recreation.
C. Todd Holman - Long Range Planning.
D. Gary Muehlhausen - Utilities.
E. Darrel Olson - Planning and Zoning and mayoral comments.
10. City attorney
11. City administrator's report.
12. Staff reports.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.