Pine-River Backus School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
High school media center
1. Call to order and pledge to flag.
2. Welcome to visitors.
2.1 Public comments and time for interaction with the board on agenda items.
2.2 Student council representative.
2.3 Employee of the Month -- Nancy Johnson, Early Childhood Family Education teacher.
2.4 Spotlight on Education -- Jackie Bruns, systems accountability report.
3. Approve agenda (addendum).
4. Approve minutes -- Aug. 15, 2005, regular board meeting and Aug. 25 and 29 special board meetings.
5. Informational items.
5.1 Administrative and team reports.
5.2 Directors' reports.
5.3 Enrollment reports.
5.4 Committee reports.
6. Consent calendar.
6.1 Approve bills presented.
6.2 Approve investment report.
6.3 Approve treasurer's report.
6.4 Approve electronic funds transfers and other banking transactions.
6.5 Approve the appointment of Jean Grev, Melanie Lindquist and Janice Oakley as co-senior high student council advisers.
6.6 Approve the hiring of Alicia Finch as junior high volleyball coach.
6.7 Accept the resignation of Holly Moser, instructional assistant.
6.8 Accept the resignation of Grace Salie, instructional assistant.
6.9 Approve the hiring of Nancy Aimers as .2 f.t.e. secondary English teacher.
6.10 Approve posting for six-hour instructional assistant for Pine River Elementary School.
6.11 Approve posting for additional 2.75 hours per day instructional assistant support for SOARS program.
6.12 Approve posting for additional 2.5 hours per day instructional assistant support for Pine River Elementary School.
6.13 Approve posting for additional one hour per day instructional assistant support for Pine River Elementary School.
6.14 Approve the hiring of Nana Oldre for eight-hour per week instructional assistant support in Early Childhood Family Education.
6.15 Accept trash bid.
6.16 Employ bus driver.
7. Discussion items:
7.1 Staff in-service.
8. Action items.
8.1 Pass resolution to fill vacancy in school board caused by Tom Munson's resignation.
8.2 Pass resolution to fill vacancy in school board caused by Scott Birchem's resignation.
8.3 Certify 2005 pay 2006 proposed levy.
8.4 Approve systems accountability report.
8.5 Accept the resignation of Terry Fornell, elementary teacher, effective Jan. 13, 2006.
8.6 Approve list of election judges for Nov. 8 special election.
8.7 Set pay and mileage reimbursement rate for election judges for Nov. 8 special election.
9. Open forum.
10. Next regular board meeting -- 7 p.m. Oct. 17, Pine River-Backus High School media center.
Pillager School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
I. Call to order.
II. Pledge of Allegiance.
III. Consider additions/deletions/acceptance of the agenda.
IV. Visitors' comments.
V. Consider consent agenda.
A. Minutes of the Aug. 15 meeting.
B. Monthly cash flow including investments.
C. Consider donations: Wells Fargo Foundation Ed Matching Gift Program, $250.02; Pepsi Bottling Co., $4,000; Target, high school, $282.89; Target, elementary, $730.75; Wal-Mart Foundation, Forestry Department, $500.
VI. Special reports with possible action.
1. Consider monthly bills.
2. Consider F05 audit -- Mary Backlund.
3. Consider Pay '06 levy limitation and certification.
4. Consider '05-07 shared service contract with PACS.
5. Consider joint food service agreement with PACS.
6. Headstart transportation and food catering agreements.
1. Consider English teacher position.
2. Consider physical education teacher position.
3. Consider teachers' seniority list.
1. Freshwater Education District report.
2. Elementary AYP report.
3. Secondary AYP report.
1. Keyless entry.
2. Update on facility projects.
1. Consider judges.
VI. Special reports.
A. Secondary principal.
B. Elementary principal.
C. Superintendent's report.
5:30 p.m. work session
7 p.m. business meeting
1. Improving communications through understanding of personality types.
2. Mid-state transition planning.
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approve agenda.
4.1 Thoma Trust Foundation representative.
4.2 Staff member recognition.
5. Middle school presentation.
6. System accountability report.
7. Approval of pay 2006 tax levy.
8. Capital projects update.
9. Consent agenda.
9.2 Approval of minutes.
9.3 Approval of bills.
9.4 MCICC interagency agreement, day treatment/level 4.
9.5 MCICC interagency agreement, RCA/FSC projects.
9.6 Foster Grandparent program.
9.7 Agreement with St. Francis Health and Recreation Center for gymnasium.
9.8 Land lease agreement.
10. Public comments.
11. Reports from board members.
12. Superintendent's report.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.