Brainerd High School
1. Advanced Place (AP) update.
2. Grade point average (GPA) discussion.
3. Tour high school and south campus.
Meetings previously scheduled (held at 804 Oak St.)
* Sept. 21, 11:30 a.m. Closed Personnel Committee.
* Oct. 6, 11:30 a.m. Building Committee.
* Oct. 10, 7:30 p.m. Regular school board.
* Dec. 6, 6:30 p.m. Truth in Taxation Hearing.
* Dec. 13, 6:30 p.m. Truth in Taxation Hearing continuation if needed.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes of Sept. 6.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Sept. 7.
1. Approve the 13437 Maplewood Drive bill in the amount of $358.26 to be paid by Sept. 30, or additional late fees will be applied and the water will be shut-off by 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 30.
2. Approve the WSN agreement for professional design services for schematic design and design development in the amount of $53,670.
3. Approve the developers request with the cost split as presented by Aric Welch of WSN and contingent on the developer paying all legal, recording and engineer's fees.
4. Approve the Quality Flow System's quote for Lift Station #18 control panel and pumps in the amount of $37,800 plus tax.
5. Approve partial pay estimate #4 to Tom's Backhoe Service in the amount of $440,868.90 for the 2005 Cherrywood Drive, Northwood's Estates and Section 6 storm water improvement project.
6. Approve partial pay estimate #6 to Pratt's Affordable Excavating in the amount of $30,643.98 for the 2004 Art Ward Drive, Laverne Circle and Whipple Beach improvements.
7. Approve partial pay estimate #5 to Gopher State Contractors in the amount of $12,873 for the 2004 Whipple Beach and Berrywood Park bathrooms.
8. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services for project management and construction staking for the 2005 Hastings Road Improvement project at an estimated cost of $70,000.
9. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services for project management and construction staking for the 2005 Forthun Road improvement project at an estimated cost of $47,500.
10. Approve $4,000 in materials for the rainwater garden pilot project with funds coming out of the Streets Capitol Projects Fund 502.
11. Approve the Cypress Drive business condominiums agreement for development for Steamboat Properties, LLC.
12. Approve the Lift Station #16 modification plans for 2006.
D. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Sept. 13.
E. Adopt Resolution No. 05-9/2-1 approving exempt, non-union status for Information Technology Coordinator and Parks Maintenance Supervisor.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Public hearing to certify delinquent utility bills to county auditor 7:20 p.m.
B. Assessment hearing for Art Ward Rd./Laverne Cir./ Whipple Beach 7:30 p.m.
C. Discussion on JOBZ business subsidy for Lindar Corporation.
D. Discuss and approve comments for Wastewater Facilities Plan public hearing on Sept. 26.
E. Planning and Zoning actions
1. Approve the final plat of Baxter Town contingent on Mr. Fink's attorney and city attorney person meeting and finalizing the Developer's Agreement prior to the city council meeting on Sept. 20 along with conditions listed.
2. Approve the variance for reduced parking for Lindar Corp. with conditions.
3. Approve the CUP to build a garage for church use for Heritage Assembly of God with conditions.
4. Approve the CUP for Jon Ring, 10800 Red River Drive to build a 1,500 s. ft. garage on 49.75 acres according to ordinance 10-5-11 along with conditions.
5. Approve 60 day extension for Baxter Commons PUD.
6. Approve 60 day extension for Harley Davidson Conditional Use Permit.
F. Set date for council/staff retreat.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Mark Cross Industrial and Economic Development and other comments.
B. Rosemary Franzen Parks and Recreation and other comments.
C. Randy Hukriede Long Range Planning and other comments.
D. Gary Muehlhausen Utilities and other comments.
E. Darrel Olson Planning and Zoning and other mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
11. City administrator's report.
12. Staff reports.
13. Adjourn to closed session regarding Dave Schultz' assessment mediation.
14. Adjourn to Waste Water Treatment Plant meeting at Northland Arboretum on Sept. 21 at 6 p.m.
Crow Wing County meetings:
Tuesday: 8 a.m. Building & Grounds Committee & CAM (Core Planning Group), CAM; 5 p.m. Human Rights Commission, Commissioners' Room.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee, Central Minnesota Community Corrections Administration Office; 9:30 a.m. Implementation Team (I-Team) meeting, MPCA Office, Baxter; 11 a.m. Thirty Lakes/Crow Wing County Joint Powers Board, MPCA Office, Baxter
Thursday: 2 p.m. Open Bids, C.P. 18-200-22 (bituminous surfacing on several county roads), Commissioners' Room; 2:15 p.m. Open bids, annual supply of crushed rock salt (Sodium Chloride), Commissioners' Room; 5 p.m. Planning Commission, Commissioners' Room; 7 p.m. - Region 5 Development Commission, Staples.
Friday: 9 a.m. - Supreme Court Task Force, St. Paul; 9 a.m. - Mississippi Headwaters Board, Walker.
Monday, September 26: 8:30 a.m. - Highway Advisory Committee & Road Tour, meet at County Highway Department (611 Oak St, Brainerd)
Thirty Lakes/Crow Wing County Joint Powers Board
Meets 11 a.m. Wednesday
1. Call to Order
2. Secretary's Report of July 21.
3. Approve payment of expenses.
4. Dissolution of Joint Powers Board.
5. Disbursement of remaining funds.
6. Miscellaneous business.
Nisswa City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Wednesday
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approve minutes of Aug. 17 and special meetings Aug. 10, 17, 24, and Sept. 7.
Nisswa Chamber of Commerce.
A. Safe and Sober
B. Approve transfer of $16,500 from liquor fund to sewer fund.
C. Approve construction invoices.
D. Appoint alternate planning commission member.
B. Council members.
Presentation of claims.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.