CROSSLAKE -- The Crosslake Area Historical Society will host its annual Candlelight and Cider Tour 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the Historic Log Village at the junction of county roads 3 and 66 in Crosslake.
The final event of the season will feature loggers, settlers and town belles, horse-drawn wagon rides, and folk music by Kai and Bridget Allen. Tour the log village by lantern and candlelight.
The event is free.
Mille Lacs Band donates $40,000 in last two months
ONAMIA -- The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe announced nearly 30 donations to area and regional causes in July and August totaling about $40,000.
Area donations include:
* $2,500 to the Pierz Area First Response Team for lifesaving equipment.
* $500 to the Cass County Agricultural Society.
* $2,000 to the Garrison Fire Department.
* $1,500 to Lutheran Social Service.
* $2,000 to the Mille Lacs Area Health Foundation.
* $1,200 to Minnesota HIV/AIDS prevention booths.
* $100 to the Wahkon Civic Association.
Each month, the Mille Lacs Band contributes to organizations that serve the community, including educational institutions, hospitals, law enforcement agencies, food shelves and others.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.