Nisswa City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Wednesday
Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance
Approve minutes of Aug. 20, 21, Sept. 3, and 11.
Planning and zoning.
Park and Rec.
Nisswa Chamber of Commerce.
A. Chamber Lease Committee.
B. Safe and Sober Resolution.
C. Appoint Pat Hastings as Alternate Planning Commission member.
D. Spirits lease.
E. Public hearing for establishing TIF District 11 and business subsidy agreement.
B. Council members.
Presentation of claims.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approve of city council minutes of Sept. 2 and city council budget meeting minutes of Sept. 10.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Sept. 3.
1. Approve the Water and Sewer Utility Agreement for 7551 Industrial Park Road.
2. Direct city staff to work with the Northland Arboretum on an agreement to maintain the storm water pond and bring the agreement back to the Utilities Commission for approval.
3. Approve the United Rentals Highway Technologies Change Order No. 1 for additional striping work for the 2008 City Wide Striping Project in the amount of $9,147.28.
4. Approve the Tom's Backhoe Services partial pay estimate No. 10 in the amount of $5,586.60 for the 2007 Cedar Scenic Area improvements project.
D. Accept ARC minutes of Sept. 4.
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Sept. 8.
F. Accept Long Range Planning Commission minutes of Aug. 28.
G. Adopt Resolution No. 08-9/3-1 approving lawful gambling for Community Action at Westgate Mall center court to sell raffle tickets for prizes as listed on Jan. 17, 2009.
H. Adopt Resolution No. 08-9/3-2 authorizing the execution of agreement between Baxter Police Department and Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Office of Traffic Safety.
I. Approve Duininck Brothers partial payment estimate No. 4 for the Excelsior Trail Bridge Project.
J. Accept Easy Riders Bicycle and Sportshop donation of $250 as a sponsor of the 2008 Baxter Lakes Country Triathlon.
K. Accept The Lodge at Brainerd Lakes donation of $742.40 as a sponsor of the 2008 Baxter Lakes Country Triathlon.
5. Pulled agenda Items.
6. Other business.
A. Potlatch/West Baxter AUAR.
1. Adopt Resolution No. 08-9/3-3 for the Potlatch West Baxter AUAR and Mitigation Plan.
B. Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services letter of additional engineering fees for the Water Treatment Plant and Public Works Facility Project.
C. Planning & Zoning Actions.
1. Approve the Minor Subdivision Plat for the Second Addition to JMS Baxter Estates, based on staff's findings and conditions.
D. Roundabout discussion.
E. Aggressive Builders building permits.
F. Carlsons Whipple Lake addition final plat.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments
A. Jim Klein - Industrial & Economic Development Commission.
B. Rob Moser - Parks & Recreation Commission.
C. Todd Holman - Long Range Planning Commission.
D. Gary Muehlhausen - Utilities Commission.
E. Darrel Olson - Planning & Zoning Commission and other mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
12. Staff reports.
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent Calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held Sept. 2.
B. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Police chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
3. Finance Director's report distributed to Mayor and Council.
C. Safe & Sober Grant Agreement - adoption of a resolution authorizing execution of the agreement by the Brainerd Police
Department - Oct. 1, 2008 - Sept. 30, 2009.
D. Adoption of a resolution re: Polling places, rate of pay, and election supply purchases for Nov. 4, Election - approval of.
E. Engineering Department - assistant city engineer Jesse Freihammer - Advance to Step "C" of Salary Administration Plan
$5,233.56 per month Effective September 19, 2008 City Engineer
Hulsether recommends approval.
F. Transfer of Funds - recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
General Fund to Public Safety Fund $400,000.
General Fund to Park Fund $50,000.
General Fund to Street & Sewer Fund $37,417.
General Fund to Airport Fund $12,583.
Total $ 500,000.
G. Approval of bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Unfinished business.
A. 2009 Preliminary Tax Levy and Set Truth-in-Taxation hearing date for 7 p.m. on Dec. 8, approval of.
B. Animal ordinance re: Chickens - status report - Ms. Bonnie Cumberland.
6. Planning Commission.
A. Interpretation - Use of metal siding and metal roof of an accessory building - Greg Peterson, 118 1st Avenue NE.
B. Variance - accessory building setback and required rear yard coverage - Trevor Kampen, 624 9th Ave NE.
7. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor.
B - City attorney.
C - City administrator.
D - City engineer.
E - City planner.
F - Police chief.
G - Finance director.
9. Council committee reports.
A - Safety and Public Works Committee.
B - Personnel and Finance Committee.
C - Other committees.
10. Committee appointments - Recommended by Mayor Wallin.
Mosquito Control Committee:
Jackie Froemming Citizen Representative .
Linda Hummel Citizen Representative.
Wayne Mooney Staff Representative.
Dan Vogt Staff Representative.
11. Call for applicants.
A. Charter Commission - 1 term to fill which expires Jan 1, 2011.
B. Economic Development Authority - two six-year terms - expire Sept. 7, 2014.
C. Mosquito Control Committee - one one-year term from general public. (Expiration to be determined)
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 5:45 p.m.
1. Request from Builders Association.
2. BN lot rental.
3. Request for street closure.
4. Petition to vacate NW 3rd Street.
5. Improvement 05-28 - downtown street improvements - assessment issues.
6. Tax forfeit lot - Lot 19, Block 2, Buffalo Hills.
7. Occupancy permits.
8. Northtown West sanitary sewer service repairs.
9. Planning Commission.
A. Interpretation - use of metal siding on an accessory building - Greg Peterson 118 1st Avenue NE.
B. Variance - Accessory building setback and required rear yard coverage - Trevor Kampen - 624 9th Avenue NE.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. EDA Items
Bob Johnson, building owner, Brainerd Dental Care - Downtown Revolving Loan Fund - request for facade improvements - EDA meets on Sept. 15th at 8 a.m.
Jon and Deb Luhrs, Building Owners, Bridge of Harmony - Downtown Revolving Loan Fund - Request for Facade Improvements - EDA meets on Sept. 15th at 8 a.m.
Jack's House - Revolving Loan Fund renewal request.
2. Library security - status report.
3. Downtown Trail Grant - quarterly update - Ms. Stella Hegg.
4. Police Department - request to expend DUI forfeiture funds - computers and vehicle mounts.
5. Engineering Department - Assistant City Engineer Jesse Freihammer Advance to Step "C" of Salary Administration Plan $5,233.56 per month - effective Sept. 19, 2008 - City Engineer Hulsether recommends approval.
6. Downtown holiday decorations - request for matching funds.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.