Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County Board Room, third floor, historic courthouse, Brainerd
1. 9 a.m. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance
2. Open forum
5. Approve consent agenda
5.1 . Bills
5.2 . Minnesota Snowmobile Trails Assistance Program Snowmobile FY 2010 Maintenance and Grooming Grant Agreements
5.3 . Amendment No. 1 to Joint Powers Agreement between State of Minnesota, City of Brainerd and Crow Wing County for Bomb Squad
5.4. Certificate of Performance and Final Contract Costs for Project C.P. 18-011-11, Seal Coat on CSAH 11
5.5 . Certificate of Performance and Final Contract Costs for Projects S.A.P. 18-603-18 & S.A.P. 18-603-20, Resurfacing and Intersection Improvements on CSAH 3
5.7. Income Contract and Amendment No. 1 with State of Minnesota, Department of Corrections, for Sentencing to Service Program
5.8 . 5th Addendum to Trail Permit - Paul Bunyan Arboretum, Inc.
5.9 Trail License Agreement for Baxter Snowmobile Club - Legionville School Safety Patrol Training Center, Inc.
5.10. Renewal of MinnesotaCare Contract for FY 2010
6. 9:05 a.m. Adopt Proposed 2010 Budget and Tax Levy
7. 9:35 a.m. Miscellaneous business
7.1 Additional business
8. 9:40 a.m. County Engineer
8.1 . Review Bids for CSAH 11 Rumble Stripes
9. 9:45 a.m. County Sheriff
9.1 . Out of state travel request
10. 9:50 a.m. Community Services Director
10.1. Human Services
10.1.1. To Review the 2010-11 County MFIP/CCSA Biennial Service Agreement
10.2. Director's Report
11. 10 a.m. Land Services Director
11.1. Natural Resource Management
11.1.1. Withdraw Tracts from 2006, 2007 and 2008 Tax Forfeited Land Sale List
11.1.2. Direct sale of Two Non-Conforming Lots - Lots 16 and 17, Block 33 - West Brainerd to an adjacent owner
11.2. Planning and Zoning Consent
11.2.1. AG Star Financial Services rezoning request
11.2.2. John and Viola Bock rezoning request
11.2.3. Laurel Price-Jones rezoning request
11.2.4. Timothy Lee Gant rezoning request
11.2.5. Brian and Lisa Christenson rezoning request
12. 10:10 a.m. Human Resource Director
12.1. Public Health Nurse Posting
13. 10:15 a.m. County Administrator
13.1. Senior Management Team Report
14. Committee Reports
16. Other board activities - The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
16.1. Monday-Labor Day, County Offices closed
16.2. Tuesday, 12:30 p.m. - County Engineer Interviews: Historic Courthouse, County Board Room
16.3. Wednesday, 9 a.m. - Camp Ripley Citizen's Advisory Commitee: Camp Ripley
16.4. Sept. 14, 5 p.m. - Crow Wing County Housing & Redevelopment Authority: Historic Courthouse: County Administrator's Conference Room.
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Brainerd City Hall council chambers
4. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) - All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Aug. 17 and the special meeting held on Sept. 1 as distributed.
B. Approval of licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's Licenses - 7 - New.
2. Contractor's Licenses - 3 - Renewals.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to Council.
2. Fire Chief's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
3. Park Director's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
4. Rental Housing Inspector's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
D. State of MN Materials Management Division (MMD) - Cooperative Purchasing Venture (CPV) Renewal - authorize signatures.
E. New licenses - Petro Plus No. 107, 850 Lum Park Rd., Brainerd - Filling Station, Tobacco, and 3.2 percent Malt Beverage (Beer) "Off Sale" License Applications - Submitted by Dean Mielke, Avon, MN - Approval of.
F. Fire Department - Resignation of Paid On-Call Firefighter Joe Ashman - Effective Aug. 26 - Accept with Regret.
5. Approval of Bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
6. Current Character Trait - Honor.
7. Unfinished business.
A. Arena Management Contract - Final Approval.
B. Public Hearing - Final reading of Proposed Ordinance No. 1344 - An Ordinance Amending Section 445 of the Brainerd City Code pertaining to securing vacant buildings - City Administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
C. Proposed 2010 Levy and Budget - Adopt Preliminary Levy and Proposed Budget and set meeting date for final budget and levy discussion in December.
8. New business.
A. First Reading - Proposed Ordinance No. 1345 - An Ordinance amending section 520 of the Brainerd City Code pertaining to Hunting Regulations and the Discharge of Firearms - City Administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
B. Request for permission to sell pumpkins and squash in the Civic Center Parking Lot.
9. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor
B - City Attorney
C - City Administrator
D - City Engineer
E - City Planner
F - Fire Chief
G - Park Director
11. Council Committee Reports.
A - Personnel and Finance Committee.
B - Safety and Public Works Committee.
C - Other Committees.
12. Call for Applicants.
A. Cable TV Advisory Committee - One term to expire Jan. 1, 2013
B. Economic Development Authority - One term to expire Sept. 7, 2013
C. Housing and Redevelopment Authority - One term to expire June 6, 2014
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:15 p.m. Tuesday
Brainerd City Hall Conference Room
1. Approval of Bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
2. Park Board Recommendations.
Unemployment Costs in 2010 Budget
Charter Language Clarification
3. Proposed 2010 Levy and Budget - Set meeting date for final budget and levy discussion.
4. PERA Phased Retirement Option Benefits.
5. Union negotiations - Status Report/Settlement Information
Street and Sewer
6. Fire Department - Resignation of Paid On-Call Firefighter Joe Ashman - Effective Aug. 26 - Accept with Regret.
Safety and Public Works
Meets 5:45 p.m. Tuesday
City Council chambers
1. Maple Street Sanitary Sewer.
2. Safe Routes to School Grant - Status Update
3. Improvement 05-16 - Birchridge Drive Storm Sewer - Change Order No. 3.
4. Improvement 05-15 - South 8th Street Reconstruction - Change Order No. 1.
5. Improvements 05-06, 09-06, 09-07 - Adoption of a resolution accepting bid from Anderson Brothers Construction $145,112.21.
6. Improvement 09-12 - South 8th Street Turnback - SEH Proposal for Services.
7. Easement Request - 1009 South 10th Street.
8. Street Closure Request - Journey North
9. Street Closure Request - Memory Walk
10. Firearm Ordinance
11. Downtown Irrigation System
12. Arena Parking Lot Snow Removal
13. 3rd Avenue NE - discussion of
14. Riverside Drive Trail
15. Front Street Sidewalk Issue
16. Impervious Surface - Petro Plus.
Pillager Board of Education
Meets 8:15 p.m. Thurday
I. Call to order
II. Capital outlay overview
III. Phone update
IV. Track surface
V. Parking lot surface
Little Falls City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Council Chambers, City Hall
1. Call to order/determiniation of quorum/Pledge of Allegiance
2. Approval of agenda
Approve the agenda as posted in accordance with the Open Meeting Law and herein place all agenda items on the table for discussion.
3. Approval of minutes
4. Approval of bills
Approve checks 76195 - 76320 totaling $816,558.45 and void check 76198.
5. Awards, donations, presentations and proclamations
a. Citizens appeals and petitions
Citizens appeals. Individuals may address the City Council about any item not included on the agenda. Speakers are requested to come to the podium, state their name and address for the Council record and limit their remarks to five minutes. Generally, the City Council will not take official action on items discussed at this time, but may refer the matter to staff or a committee for a future report or direct the matter to be scheduled on an upcoming agenda.
7. Consent agenda
The consent agenda contains routine, non-controversial items that need no deliberation. If a councilmember objects to an item on the consent agenda, it should be removed and acted on as a separate agenda item before the consent agenda is approved.
a. Animal Control Report, August 2009.
b. Application for Exempt Permit, Little Falls Fire Department Relief Association, Raffle.
c. Golf Advisory Board Minutes, July and August 2009.
d. Park, Recreation and Tree Board Minutes, June 2009.
e. Police Department Report, August 2009.
f. Planning Commission Minutes, June through August 2009.
g. Sister City Committee Minutes, July 2009.
h. Street Department Report, August 2009.
i. Wastewater Treatment Facility Report.
j. Water Treatment Facility Report, July 2009.
8. Public hearings and lettings
a. Public Hearings
1. Well Rehabilitation Plan - award PW Director/Council
9. Old business
a. Contract for Services, Liaison Officer, Independent School District 482 [Tabled 05/14, 08/17].
b. Ordinance No. 16, Sixth Series, Establish Salaries, Mayor and Council [Introduced 08/17].
10. New business
a. 2010 Budget and Levy Public Meeting, December 7, 2009, 6:30 p.m.
b. Resolution 2009-62, Preliminary 2010 Budget - adopt.
c. Resolution 2009-63, Preliminary 2010 Levy - adopt.
d. Resolution 2009-64, Preliminary 2010 HRA Levy - adopt.
e. Resolution 2009-65, Partial Call of 2006 TIF Bonds - adopt.
f. Resolution 2009-66, Consolidate Refunding of Bonds - adopt.
g. Resolution 2009-61, Amend Friends of Linden Hill Agreement.
h. Resolution 2009-67, Amend Snow Removal Contract, Robert S. LeMieur - adopt.
i. Resolution 2009-68, Authorize Professional Services Agreement, Mead & Hunt, Inc. - adopt.
j. Lindbergh Lion's Recreation Complex Park Shelter, advertise for bids - ratify and confirm.
k. Mayor's appointments to authorities, boards, bureaus, commissions and committees - approve.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.