The fall Grassroots Concerts schedule has been announced. All shows will start at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for children.
The schedule is:
* Dave Moore, Sept. 16, Nisswa Community Center.
* Ramblin' Jack Elliott, Sept. 30, Pequot Lakes School Auditorium.
* Michael Johnson, Oct. 14, Pequot Lakes School Auditorium.
* Claudia Schmidt, Oct. 28, Nisswa Community Center.
* Lou and Peter Berryman, Nov. 18, Nisswa Community Center.
* John Williams and Dean Magraw, Dec. 2, Nisswa Community Center.
For more information on the performers, consult www.grassrootsconcerts.org.
LACA announces fall concert schedule
Five performances are scheduled for the 2005-06 Lakes Area Concert Association season.
All concerts will be at 7:30 p.m. at Tornstrom Auditorium, Washington Educational Services Building, in Brainerd.
The schedule is:
* Whit Smith's Hot Jazz Caravan, Western swing, hot jazz and cool ballads, Oct. 18.
* Janice Martin, violin with piano, Nov. 21.
* Broadway's Legendary Ladies, a tribute to the stars and music of Broadway's Grand Dames, Jan. 26.
* Frula, 22 dancers reliving the Balkan Folk Festival, April 6.
* Zum, British jazz quintet, May 9.
Season tickets, on sale now through Sept. 30, are $28 for adults, $10 for students and $70 for families.
The season membership includes admission to 20 additional concerts in Wadena, Alexandria, Sauk Centre and Park Rapids.
Contributing memberships are $150-$300. These include four to eight adult season tickets.
Individual concert tickets are not sold.
For more information or to order tickets, call Betty Alderman at 829-3379 or 963-2654.
On Stage to present 'Annie Get Your Gun'
Brainerd's On Stage Community Theatre will present the 1999 revival of "Annie Get Your Gun" for its annual fall musical. It will be staged at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 4-5 and 10-12 and 2 p.m. Nov. 6 and 13 in the Franklin Junior High School auditorium in Brainerd.
Auditions for the play will be from 6-9 p.m. Sept. 13-14 in the Media Center at Franklin. Anyone age 7 and older is invited to audition. Children will audition first, so adults are encouraged to arrive later in the evening. Audition materials and an accompanist will be provided, but you may bring your own selection of music if desired.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.