The Brainerd Fire Department responded at 12:53 a.m. Tuesday to a report of a gas smell at the Holiday Station Store on South Sixth Street in Brainerd. It was determined the gas smell was freon from a damaged refrigerator. Firefighters aired out the leaking gas.
Firefighters respond to illegal burning
The Brainerd Fire Department responded to an illegal fire at a residence in the 800 block of South Seventh Street Tuesday. The owner of the house put out the fire.
Firefighters respond to cut gas lines
The Brainerd Fire Department provided protection for two cut gas lines Tuesday. The first, reported at 2:58 p.m., happened off Highway 371 in front of the Northview Center, north of Baxter. The second, reported at 3:55 p.m., happened in the 14000 block of Inglewood Drive in Baxter. For both cut gas lines, firefighters stood by in case of emergency while Xcel Energy fixed the breaks.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.