Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) - All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Aug. 3 as distributed.
B. Approval of licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's Licenses - 1 - New.
2. Contractor's Licenses - 2 - Renewals.
C. Department Reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Police Chief's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
3. Finance Director's report distributed to Mayor and Council.
D. Joint Powers Agreement Renewal - Bomb Disposal Unit - Authorize signatures.
E. Authorization to change Basic Life, Long-Term Disability, and Optional Life Insurance Company from National Insurance Services underwritten by Madison National Life to Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. underwritten by Sun Life Financial - effective Sept. 1 - Three Year rate guarantee with 15 percent rate reduction on Current Basic Life and LTD Premiums paid by the employer - Sun Life will match Optional Life Premiums currently paid by the employee - Negotiated by NJPA at same Benefit Terms as Current Policies - Recommended for approval by City Administrator Vogt.
5. Approval of Bills and Transfer of Funds - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
6. Unfinished Business.
A. Public Hearing - Essentia Health Obligated Group ("Essentia") (Brainerd Lakes Health, St. Joseph's Medical Center, & Brainerd Medical Center) - Proposed Heart and Vascular Center Project and Issuance of Revenue Obligations.
B. Public Hearing - Final Reading of Proposed Ordinance 1343 - An Ordinance Amending Section 1200.21 of the Brainerd City Code Pertaining to On-Sale Liquor Zones and License Limitations as requested by Ms. Dianne Kay Ulmen for the Property at 723 Mill Avenue - City Administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
C. College Drive Final Design Scope and Cost.
7. New business.
A. First Reading - Ordinance No. 1344 - An Ordinance amending Section 445 of the Brainerd City Code Pertaining to Securing Vacant Buildings - City Administrator Vogt Recommends Dispensing with the Reading.
8. Planning Commission.
A. Public Hearing - Final Reading of Proposed Ordinance No. 1342 - An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 812 Pertaining to the Zoning in the City of Brainerd - Non-Conforming Buildings - City Administrator Vogt Recommends Dispensing with the actual reading.
9. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor
B - City Attorney
C - City Administrator
D - City Engineer
E - City Planner
F - Police Chief
G - Finance Director
11. Council Committee Reports.
A - Safety and Public Works Committee.
B - Personnel and Finance Committee.
C - Other Committees.
12. Committee Resignations - Accept with regret.
A - Margaret Tiplady, HRA.
13. Call for applicants.
A. Cable TV Advisory Committee - One term to expire Jan. 1, 2013
B. Economic Development Authority - One term to expire Sept. 7, 2013
C. Housing and Redevelopment Authority - One term to expire June 6, 2014
Safety and Public Works
Meets 5:45 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. 2010 Construction Program
A. Proposed projects
B. South 8th Street Turnback project
C. Survey work
2. Riverside School Traffic Circulation
3. Front Street Sidewalk Issue
4. Improvement 05-28 - Downtown Reconstruction - Punch List Update
5. Improvement 05-16 - Birchridge Drive Storm Sewer - Change Order No. 2
6. Sewer Equipment Quotes
7. MnDOT Master Partnership Agreement
8. Improvement 07-04 - Memorial Park Parking Lot - Final Payment
9. Easement request from 1009 South Tenth St.
10. Lot 19, Block 2, Buffalo Hills - Authorize sale
11. Four-Way stop at South Seventh St. and Laurel S.
12. Improvement 05-01 - College Drive - Right-of-Way appraisal proposals
13. Sanitary Sewer - Maple St. and South Twelfth St.
14. Set Neighborhood Cleanup Committee meeting
15. Improvement 05-28 - Downtown Reconstruction - Partial payment No. 4.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall conference room
1. Approval of Bills and Transfer of Funds - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
2. Draft Arena Management Agreement.
3. RFP for Actuarial Study - OPEB Evaluation.
4. Willows TIF District Review .
5. PERA Phased Retirement Option.
6. Union Negotiations - Status Report.
7. 2010 Budget - Status Report.
8. Authorization to switch Basic Life, Long-Term Disability, and Optional Life Insurance Company from National Insurance Services underwritten by Madison National Life to Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. underwritten by Sun Life Financial - effective Sept. 1 - Three-year rate guarantee with 15 percent rate reduction on current basic life and LTD premiums paid by the employer - Sun Life with match Optional Life Premiums currently paid by the Employee - Negotiated by NJPA at same benefit terms as current policies - Recommended for approval by City Administrator Vogt.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.