Meets 7;30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall, Council Chambers
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent calendar: All matters listed are considered routine by the council and will all be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Aug. 2
B. Approval of 2004 licenses recommended by City Administrator Vogt
1. Contractor's licenses -5- new
2. Contractor's licenses -2 -renewals
C. Department reports
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council
2. Police chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council
3. Finance director's report distributed to mayor and council
D. Public boxing license date correction Mr. Brock Larson for an event to be held at the Civic Center on Sept. 4 rather than Sept. 5
E. Temporary On-sale liquor license application Submitted by Brainerd VFW Post 1647, for an event to be held on Sept. 25, at the National Guard Armory Approval of
F. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit application Submitted by the Minnesota United Snowmobilers Association, Inc. for a raffle to be held on Jan. 1, at Burt Electric, 701 Charles Street, Brainerd Approval of
G. Temporary on-Sale 3.2 percent Malt Beverage (Beer) Submitted by Brainerd Jaycees for an event to be held on Sept. 4, at the Civic Center Approval of.
H. Transfer of funds Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
* General Fund to Public Safety Fund $200,000.
* General Fund to Park Fund $60,000.
* General Fund to Street & Sewer Fund $28,850.
* General Fund to Airport Fund $11,150.
I. Approval of bills Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
5. Unfinished business
A. Public hearing Wright Street Extension
B. Public hearing Final reading Proposed Ordinance No. 1240 An ordinance amending Ordinance No. 812 pertaining to zoning (Lavelle 314 Charles and 304 NW 4th Streets ) City Administrator Vogt recommends to dispense with the actual reading.
C. Consider adoption of a resolution approving a business subsidy agreement between the City of Brainerd and Stock Building Supply Company Request to table discussion.
D. TAAC Sub-Committee recommendation.
E. 2005 Budget Set council workshop Discussion of.
6. New business
A. Crime Prevention/Public Awareness Report Police Chief Bolduc
B. Consolidated Telecommunications Company request for cable franchise
C. Storm sewer fees Discussion of
D. First reading Proposed Ordinance No. 1241 An ordinance providing for the annexation of certain properties in unorganized territory (Lynn Peterson 3 acres) City Administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading
7. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
B. City attorney
C. City administrator
D. City engineer
E. City planner/Community developer
F. Police Chief
G. Finance director
9. Council Committee Reports
A. Safety and Public Works Committee
B. Personnel and Finance Committee
C. Other committees
10. Committee recommendations Recommended by Mayor Wallin
A. Library Board Ms. Ruth Gogolin Term to expire 1/1/10.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Amendment of Resolution 36:03
2. Improvement 00-08, Wright Street Utilities Public hearing
3. Supplemental Agreement #1 Laurel Street
4. Improvement 01-13, Riverside Drive Utilities Change Order #2
5. Improvement 01-13, Riverside Drive Utilities Partial payment #6
6. Repair on South 7th Street
7. Storm water utility
8. Ashman Road land acquisition
9. Planning Commission
A. Ordinance related to minimum lot sizes/lot splits
B. Annexation, Peterson Set public hearing for Sept. 7
C. Annexation, Flanagan Set public hearing for Oct. 4
D. Variance 1324 Pine Street
E. Zone amendment 410 Ethel Street
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall Conference Room
1. Taxi liability insurance requirements
2. Deputy police chief, job description
3. Authorize funding for new police officer eligibility list - Recommended by Civil Service Commission
4. City planner Job description
5. Civic Center ceiling insulation Discussion of
6. Fund transfer for Debt Service Levy Discussion of
7. Parking ticket appeals
A. Ms. Linda McDonald #074570
B. Mr. Ronald Lemm #000204
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Introduction of Greg Wagner, City Planner and Joseph Sundgaard, Police Officer
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda.; otherwise the following items will be passed in one motion.
A. Approval of council minutes of Aug. 3
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of Aug. 4 and Aug. 11
1. Approve the 100% petition city streets, sewer and water for all of Holly Drive and half of Afton Road for the Whitewall Addition
2. Approve the Haglin office Park plans and specifications.
3. Approve the Haglin Office Park Developers Agreement.
4. Approve the Regal Office Park plans and specifications.
5. Approve the Regal Office Park Developers Agreement.
6. Approve the "2004 The View at Rush Lake" Sewer and Water Improvement project and lower the Letter of credit #311 to 125 percent of the as-built drawing cost.
7. Approve 2002 Cedardale South First Addition Improvement Project and lower the bond amount to 125 percent of the as-built drawings and bituminous wear course amounts.
8. Approve the B-Dirt Addition to Baxter Developers Agreement.
9. Approve the WSN Proposal for Engineering Services for the 2004 Edgewood Dr. area street lighting at an amount not to exceed $4,500 contingent on receiving a 100 percent petition from the property owners.
10. Approve Tom's Backhoe Services partial pay estimate #2 in the amount of $155,572.49 for the 2004 Clearwater Road/Inglewood Drive improvement project.
11. Approve R.L. Larson Excavating partial pay estimate #3 in the amount of $129,785.85 for the 2004 Meredith, Norway and Lancer area utility and roadway improvement project.
12. Approve R.K. Excavating partial pay estimate #2 in the amount of $18,485.14 for the 2003 Knollwood Drive and Conservation Drive improvement project.
13. Approve Change Order #1 in the amount of $51,088.85 to R.L. Larson Excavating, Inc. for the 2004 Deerwood Road and Ironwood Meadows improvement project.
14. Approve Change Order #7 in the amount of $2,391.96 to S.J. Louis Construction, Inc. for the 2003 Knollwood Drive extension, Bronson Road/Michelle Circle area and Excelsior Road West improvements.
15. Approve partial pay estimate #12 in the amount of $54,911.96 to S.J. Louis Construction Inc. for the 2003 Knollwood Drive extension, Bronson Road/Michelle Circle area and Excelsior Road West improvements.
16. Appoint Dave Franzen to the vacancy on the Utilities Commission left by Steve Vitale.
17. Adopt the resolution receiving bids and awarding the contract to R.L. Larson Excavating Inc. of 2255-12th Street S.E. St. Cloud, Minn. 56304 in the amount of $1,239,143.91 for the 2003 Edgewood Drive Utility and roadway extension contingent on using the recommended City Consulting Engineer suggestions to offset the higher costs.
D. Accept Parks and Recreation/Trails Commission minutes of Aug. 9
1. Direct staff to find funding option to complete the Clearwater Trail during the 2004 city utility construction project due to the fact that the state grant was denied.
2. Direct staff to apply for the 2005 State Trail Grant for the following areas
* Fairview Trail extention-Winkler Park area
* Mapleton Road south of School property to Mountain Ash from existing trail
* Trail connection to Paul Bunyan Trail to TH371 business along Woida Road.
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of Aug. 10
F. Accept Personnel and Police Commission minutes of Aug. 11
G. Accept long range planning comp plan minutes of Aug. 12
H. Bob Bauman contract
I. Paulson grievance settlement
6. Pulled agenda items
7. Other business
A. Terry Kinder property and Cedardale Lane
B. Brainerd Amusement variance
C. Planning and Zoning actions
1. Approve the letter from Dondelinger Chevrolet & Cadillac, Inc. to formally withdraw their CUP application for construction of a parking lot extension for additional outdoor sales.
2. Approve allowing an owner to park an RV on a concrete slab until the ordinance is amended.
3. Approve a 30-day extension for Haglin inc. to record the final plat of Haglin Professional Park.
D. Smoking ban research
E. Set City Council Workshop
F. Set Special Meeting date to consider Chief of Police application
G. Council zoning actions to amend the minutes of June 15. Move to approve the preliminary/final plat of Baxter Fairview Addition with two lots as shown in Option 2 as presented at the meeting.
8. Public comments
10. Council comments
A. Mark Cross Industrial & Economic Development and other comments
B. Rosemary FranzenParks & Recreation and other comments
C. Gary MuehlhausenUtilities Personnel and Police and other mayoral comments
D. Darrel Olson Planning and zoning and other comments
E. Barb Wells Long Range Planning and other comments
11. City attorney
12. City administrator/Staff report
13. Adjourn to closed meeting to discuss labor negotiation strategy and ongoing McKee litigation
14. Re-open public portion of council meeting
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.