Brainerd School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Washington Educational Services Building, Brainerd
1. Roll call
2. Delegations, petitions, communications
3. Approval of Minutes:
Regular school board meeting, July 9.
4. Consent Calendar
Claims and Accounts
John Wanninger (on leave) - effective 7-13-07
New Certified Employees
Melissa Bouc - Special Education Teacher - BS Step 1 - effective 2007-2008.
Jodi Cordes - School Psychologist, Co-op - MS+60, Step 8 - Effective 2007-2008.
Emily Hoeschen - 6th Grade Teacher, Forestview - MS Step 2 - Effective 2007-2008.
Jan Bohn - Educational Assistant, ECSE - effective 9-1-2007.
Dawn Lodermeier - Bus Assistant - effective fall 2007-2008.
Yolanda Miles - Bus Assistant - effective 7-30-07.
Josh Mailhot - Educational Assistant, Forestview - effective 7-26-07.
New Non-Teaching Employees
Janet Horn - Secretary, WESB - 8 Hr/Day, 12 Month - $2,137/month - effective 8-8-07.
James Norwood - Custodian, BHS - 8 Hr/Day, 12 month - $2,191/month - effective 8-1-07.
Leaves of Absence
5. New Business
1. General Election Resolution
2. Special Election Resolution
3. A-Comp Memo of Understanding - Re-approve.
1. National Guard G.E.D. Program -
1LT Stacey White, Marlee Larson, Orla Kenton
2. Family Services Collaborative - Ruth Gmeinder
3. Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) - Lew Hudson
4. MnCOLA (Minnesota Collaborative Online Learning Academy) - Ruth Gmeinder
5. School Board Member Reports - General
6. Superintendent's Report - Jerry Walseth
Advanced Placement Test Results - Erich Heise, Andrea Rusk
7. Director of Business Services' Report - Steve Dickinson
Section B - Committee Reports
1. Building Committee - Lew Hudson
2. Curriculum/Student Activities Committee - Ruth Gmeinder
3. Finance/Insurance Committee - Bob Nystrom (met 7-26-07 and 8-9-07)
4. Legislative Committee - Kent Montgomery
5. Long Range Planning Committee - Ruth Nelson
6. Personnel Committee - Reed Campbell
City of Crosslake
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
A. Call to order.
1. Approval of additions to the agenda (Council Action-Motion)
B. Critical issues.
1. Open public hearing to receive public comments on an application for tax increment financing for a proposed assisted living facility.
2. Close public hearing (Council Action-Motion)
3. Council consideration to approve TIF plan and adopting resolution.
a. Tax Increment Financing District Overview (Council information)
b. Tax Increment Financing Plan (Council information)
c. Resolution approving TIF Financing Plan (Council Action-Motion)
C. Consent calendar NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC All items here listed are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be acted on by one motion. There will be no separate discussion on these items unless a Citizen or Councilmember so requests:
1. Public Hearing Minutes of July 9.
2. Regular council meeting minutes of July 9.
3. Special council meeting minutes of July 12.
4. Crosslake Communications - Balance sheet and income statement/Detail of Reserve Balances dated June 30.
5. City-Month end revenue report dated June 30.
6. City-Month end expenditure report dated June 30.
7. Lakes State Bank Pledge Update, July 2007.
8. Northern National Bank Pledge Update, July 2007.
9. Lakewood Bank Pledge Update, July 2007.
10. First Federal Savings Pledge Update, July 2007.
D. Public forum.
E. Mayor's Report.
F. City administrator's report.
1. Region Five Development Commission - update on projects
a. Letter dated Aug. 8 from Region Five Re: Region Five Development Commission Legislative Forum (Council Information)
2. Bills for approval (Council Action-Motion)
3. Memo dated Aug. 8 from City Administrator Re: Set Dates for Budget Meetings (Council Action-Motion)
4. Letter dated May 31 from the State Demographic Center Re: 2006 Population and Household Estimates (Council Information)
G. Commission reports
1. Public safety
a. July 2007 - Police Report for Crosslake (Council Information).
b. July 2007 - Police Report for Mission Township (Council Information).
c. Memo from Chief Hartman Re: Thank You Letters (Council Information).
d. Memo dated Aug. 6 from Darlene Roach Re: Acceptance of Donations (Council Action-Motion).
e. July 2007 - Fire Department Report (Council Information).
f. Letter dated July 11 from Insurance Services Office Re: Public Fire Protection Classification (Council Information)
g. July 2007 - North Ambulance Run Report (Council Information).
2. Public Works/Cemetery/Sewer
a. Public Works commission meeting minutes of July 2 (Council Information).
b. Letter dated July 24 from City Engineer Re: Application for bridge funds and draft resolution to add Dream Island bridge to the priority list for funding (Council Information).
c. Letter dated July 25 from Duane and Karen Friederich Re: Dream Island Bridge Replacement (Council Information).
d. Memo dated Aug. 8 Re: Various Recommendations-Bonnie Lakes Road/County Road 36 Intersection Repairs (Council Action-Motion)-Transportation Plan Informational Meeting (Council Action-Motion)-Lake Street/Lake Avenue Surveying (Council Action-Motion).
e. Memo dated Aug. 8 from Public Works Commission Re: recommendation for sewer ordinance amendment relating to sewer connection charge and user fee for assisted living facilities (Council Action-Motion)
f. Letter dated Aug. 8 from WSN Re: USACE Campground Connection - Pay Request No. 3 (Council Action-Motion)
g. Letter dated Aug. 6 from Corps of Engineers Re: Late Fee Charge (Council Action-Motion)
h. Letter dated July 20 from Allied Adjusters Re: Claim No. 11059723 (Council Information/Direction).
i. July 2007 Wastewater Treatment Discharge Monitoring Report (Council Information).
3. Crosslake Communications
a. Highlights Report for July 2007 (Council Information)
b. Crosslake Communication's Bills for Approval June 1 - June 30. (Council Action-Motion)
c. Crosslake Communications Regular Meeting Minutes of July 31 (Council Information)
d. Crosslake Communications Customer Counts (Council Information)
4. Planning and Zoning
a. Planning and Zoning Commission/Board of Adjustment Regular Meeting Minutes of May 23. (Council Information)
b. Planning and Zoning Commission/Board of Adjustment Special Meeting Minutes of July 6. (Council Information)
c. Permit summary for July 2007 (Council Information).
d. Staff report dated Aug. 13 from Ken Anderson Re: Abra True Value appeal of P and Z Commission Denial of Appeal 2007-002 to remove an internally illuminated freestanding sign (Council Action-Motion)
e. Staff report dated Aug. 13 from Ken Anderson Re: Petition to vacate a road easement extending from Milinda Shores Road - John and Mary Dierbeck (Council Action-Motion)
f. Development agreement for public/private Improvements in Crosswoods Development/Ostlund Avenue (Council Action-Motion)
5. Park and Recreation/Library
a. Staff report dated Aug. 6 from Jon Henke, Park Director Re: Community Center Updates (Council Action-Motion)
b. Crosslake Park and Recreation Commission Meeting Minutes of June 5 (Council Information)
c. Crosslake Park and Recreation/Library Commission meeting minutes of June 25 (Council Information).
d. Fund raising committee meeting minutes of July 16 (Council Information).
6. Personnel Committee.
a. Crosslake Roll-Off and Recycling services report for July (Council Information)
b. Letter dated Aug. 2 from Waste Partners Inc. regarding recycling report (Council Information)
8. Economic Development Authority
H. Old business.
I. New business.
J. Public forum.
Nisswa City Council
Meets 7 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
Approve minutes of July 18 and 31.
Planning and zoning
Park and Rec
Nisswa Chamber of Commerce
A. Accept Commons Driver and reduce letter of credit for JRD Properties.
B. Appoint Public Works Director.
C. Cemetery software.
B. Council members
Presentation of claims
Little Falls School Board
Meets 5 p.m. Monday
Morrison County Government Center, Little Falls
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approval of agenda.
4. Public comments.
5.1 Parent group representatives.
6. Consent agenda.
6.1.3. Leave of absence.
6.2 Approval of prior meeting minutes.
6.3 Presentation of bills for payment.
6.4 Donation from Wal-Mart.
7. Reports from board members.
8. Superintendent's Report.
9. Old or unfinished business
2007-08 school handbooks.
10. New business
10.1 Set Truth and Taxation hearing dates - Dec. 3, 10 (if needed) and 17.
10.2 Stipend for activities director.
10.3 District policies.
10.4 Authorize recognition for Winning Team of Wellness Campaign.
10.5 Board authorization of payroll direct deposit for all employees effective Jan. 1, 2008.
10.6 Set compensation rate for homebound teachers.
10.7 Short term certified staff substitute compensation rate.
10.8 Closed session.
Discuss terms of sale of property
-Central Office building
Certified staff negotiations.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.