Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to Order.
2. RoIl call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent Calendar
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on July 16 and the joint meeting between Brainerd City Council and the Crow Wing County Board held on July 24 and the closed meeting held on July 30 as distributed.
B. Approval of Licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's Licenses - 5 - New.
2. Contractor's Licenses - 2 - Renewals.
C. Department Reports
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to Council.
2. Fire Chief's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
3. Park Director's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
D. NJPA Joint Powers Agreement - Approval of.
E. On-Sale Liquor License Transfer and Sunday On-Sale Liguor License Transfer from Covenant Hospitality LLC. dba Ramada Inn. 2115S. 6~ Street to SPS Hospitality LLC. dba Ramada Inn. 2115 5 &~ Street - Effective Aug. 10 to June 30, 2008. (Balance of License Year) - Chief Bolduc Recommends Approval - (See Attachment).
F. Kristy Schubert - Human Resource Coordinator - Completion of 6-Month Probation - Change Status from "Probationary" to "Regular" - Effective Aug. 1 - No Change in Pay.
G. Nikki Tabaka - Administrative Specialist/Administration Department - Complete 1-Year Employment - Advance to Step "C" of the Salary Administration Plan (95% of base rate) - $18.573 per hour - Effective Aug. 7.
H. Transit Office Rent - Approval of.
I. Salvation Army - Emergency Shelter Grant Program - Certification of Approval.
J. Approval of Bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5.. Current Character Trait - Faith.
6. Unfinished Business.
A. Bond Issues
1. Resolution Awarding Sale of $11,245,000 Electric Utility Revenue Bonds, Series 2007A - Adoption of.
2. Electric Utility Revenue Bonds, Series 2007A - Bond Proceeds Investment Advisor Engagement Letter - Approval of.
3. Resolution Awarding Sale of $5,650,000 General Obligation Improvement and Utility Revenue Bonds, Series 2007B - Adoption of.
4. Continuing Disclosure Reguirements Relating to $11,245,000 Electric Utility Revenue Bonds, Series 2007A and $5,850,000 General Obligation Improvement and Utility Revenue Bonds, Series 2007B - Agreement with Sprincisted, Inc. - Approval of.
B. Public Hearing - Final Reading - Proposed Ordinance No. 1307 - An Ordinance Providing for the Annexation of Certain Properties Located in Unorganized Territory - 1st Assessment, Crow Wing County, to the City of Brainerd, Crow Wing County Minnesota, Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 414.033 - Scott and Kari Christiansen, 14932 Riverside Drive (4 Acres)-City Administrator Vogt Recommends Dispensing with the actual reading.
C. Public Hearing - Final Reading - Proposed Ordinance No. 1308 - An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 812 Pertaining to Zoning in the City of Brainerd - 11325 Highway 210 - Natural Resources Management, LLC. - City Administrator Vogt Recommends Dispensing with the Actual Reading.
D. Temporary Buildings - Troy and Dawn lmgrund, Norm Kuhn, Roy Starkey, Adam Henkensifken, Jim Johnson and William Albrecht.
E. Charter Commission Recommendation.
F. Civic Center Audit/Arena Fund.
G. Set Special Meeting Dates to Review Zoning Ordinance Update.
H. City Administrator Performance Evaluation - Summary of Conclusions - Discussion of.
7. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed
A - Mayor
B - City Attorney
C - City Administrator
D - City Engineer
E - City Planner
F- Fire Chief
G - Park Director
9. Council Committee Reports.
A - Safety and Public Works Committee.
B - Personnel and Finance Committee.
C - Other Committees.
11. Committee Resignations
A - Mr. Rick Kummet - Resignation from EDA - Effective 9/8/07 - Accept with regret.
12. Call for applicants.
A. Charter Commission - One 4-Year Term to Expire 1/1/201 1.
B. Rental Housing Board of Appeals - Five 2-Year Terms.
C. Economic Development Authority (EDA) - One 6-Year Term to expire 9/7/2013.
D. Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) - One 3-Year Term to expire 6/6/2010.
13. Adjourn - Pursuant to Attorney/Client Privilege - to Closed Session concerning the Gas Can/Welna Litigation.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets at 5:30 p.m. Monday
City Council chambers
I. Improvement 05-21 - Industrial Park Expansion - Adoption of a Resolution Accepting Bid.
2. Improvement 07-03 - 1st Avenue Sanitary Sewer - Adoption of a Resolution Ordering Preparation of a Feasibility Report.
3. Sidewalk on Juniper Street - North 9~H Street to North 10th Street.
4. Quotes for Sidewalk Replacements.
5. Sidewalk Repair Letters.
6. Flag Inserts.
7. Transit Resolution.
8. Rental Registration Status.
9. Rental Utility Shut-Offs.
10. Noise Measurements
11. T.H. 210 Utilities
12. Reschedule public hearing for Alley Vacation to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 20.
13. Invoicing the Developer.
14. Fence at 1803 Oak Street.
15. Home Owner/Occupant Plumbing.
16. Library Security.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall conference room
1. LMCIT - Insurance Renewal - Craig Miller.
2. Industrial Park Lot Sale - Lot 1, Block 8 - Ebert Construction - EDA Recommends Approval.
3. Health Insurance Renewal.
4. Civic Center Audit/Arena Fund.
5. Computer Upgrade - Request for Budget Amendment.
6. Police Department Issues.-Update Eligibility List.-End of Temporary Assignment - Troy Schreifels.
7. Kristy Schubert - Human Resource Coordinator - Completion of 6-Month Probation - Change Status from "Probationary" to "Regular" - No Change in Pay - Effective Aug. 1.
8. Nikki Tabaka - Administrative Specialist/Administration Department - Completion of 1-Year of Employment - Advance to Step "C" of Salary Administration Plan (95% of Base Rate) - $18.573 per hour - Effective Aug. 7.
9. Barry Sell - Fire Department - Reinstatement to active duty after military leave - Effective Aug. 1.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Baxter City Hall
The Baxter City Council will hold a closed session starting at 6 p.m. Monday to discuss litigation.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of council minutes of July 17.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of July 18 Aug. 1.
1. Approve the WSN 20-Year Maintenance Plan.
2. Approve the West Clearwater Road Area Feasibility Study, with contingency.
3. Approve the Ashley Road Area Improvements Feasibility Study with contingency
4. Approve the WSN Proposal for Engineering Services and GIS Incorporation for the 2007 Fairview Office Park for the estimated amount of $1,100.
5. Adopt Ordinance 2007-15 Amending Title 8-1 and 8-2 of the Baxter City Code which Regulates the Baxter Water and Sewer Use and Service, with contingency.
6. Approve the Kramer Agreement for 2007 Cedar Scenic Road Improvements.
7. Approve the Excelsior Road and Arboretum Stormwater Improvements Plans and Specifications and authorize SEH, Inc. to send out for quotes.
8. Approve the SEH, Inc. Proposal for Engineering Services for Wetland Delineation in the not to exceed amount of $3,000.
9. Approve the SEH, Inc. Proposal for Engineering Services for Design and Preparation of Construction Documents for Storm Water and Storm Water Pond Improvements in the amount of $4,900.
10. Award the 2007 Fairview Trail Improvements to Tom's Backhoe Services of 323 Woodland Hills, Brainerd, MN in the amount of $66,811.70.
11. Approve the WSN North Lynndale Drive Area Improvements Feasibility Report with contingencies.
12. Approve the SEH, Inc. Engineering Amendment for Storm Water and Erosion Control Ordinance - Amendment No. 1 in the not to exceed amount of $2,500.
13. Approve Rice Lake Construction Pay Estimate No. 15 for the Water Treatment Plant and Public Works Facility in the amount of $173,312.
14. Approve the Tom's Backhoe Services Partial Pay Estimate No. 3 for the 2007 Cedar Scenic Area Improvements in the amount of $203,810.83.
15. Award the Excelsior Road and Arboretum Stormwater Improvements to Anderson Brothers Construction in the amount of $48,753.00.
16. Approve the WSN Proposal for Engineering Services - Construction Services for the 2007 Fairview Road Trail Improvements Contract One in estimated amount of $10,000.
D. Accept Architectural Review Committee Minutes of July 19.
1. Approve the design of the Book World project as submitted with the clarifications indicated by the applicant's representative.
E. Accept Parks & Recreation Commission Minutes of July 23.
F. Accept Long Range Planning Commission Minutes of July 26.
G. Accept Cemetery Board of Trustees Minutes of July 31.
1. Approve increasing cemetery lot pricing the first of each year as listed.
H. Approve extending the Public Works Administration Summer Intern position for another 22 days .
I. Approve Fairview Office Park Developer's Agreement
J. Adopt Resolution Authorizing the Execution of Agreement between Baxter Police Department and Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Office of Traffic Safety
K. Adopt Resolution authorizing application for a grant from the Office of the Secretary of the State of Minnesota for federal funds for HAVA (Help America Vote Act)
L. Approve the Lion's Club donation in the amount of $500 for National Night Out.
M. Approve the issuance of a building permit for a 30' x 32' detached garage at 14194 Kimberlee Court (Kevin Zetah), as proposed, and directing staff to clarify the regulations on "through lots."
N. Amend the Tax Increment Financing Policy and 2007 fee schedule to change the administrative fee to $3,000 and the deposit to $15,000.
O. Authorize staff to enter into an agreement with Lakes Area Courier for Mail Delivery Service
P. Allocate $4,300 from the Contingency Account for Public Works Facility Furniture and Amend the 2007 Budget Accordingly
5. Pulled agenda Items.
6. Other Business.
A. BLADC 2020 Presentation - Sheila Haverkamp.
1. 2007 Funding Request, recommendation from Industrial and Economic Development Commission.
2. 2008 Funding Request, consider for 2008 Budget.
B. Brainerd Lakes Chamber of Commerce Tourism Presentation - Kathy Schroeder, Tourism Director.
C. Select Council Member for Joint Community Ed Board.
D. Set a date for the 2007 South Perch Lake Improvements public informational meeting.
E. Set council workshop for space needs study on Aug 16 at 6 p.m.
7. Public Comments
A. Transfer of Impervious Surface - John Sullivan
A. Employee Health Insurance Renewal - Information only.
9. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein - Industrial and Economic Development.
B. Rob Moser - Parks and Recreation.
C. Todd Holman - Long Range Planning.
D. Gary Muehlhausen - Utilities
E. Darrel Olson - Planning and Zoning and mayoral comments
10. City Attorney
11. City Administrator's Report
12. Staff Reports
Pequot Lakes School Board
Meets at 4:30 p.m. Monday
a. Staff resignations.
b. Staff contracts.
c. Fall coaching assignments.
8. Old business
a. Eagle View Ingress/Egress.
b. Lakewood Bank "Patriot Checking Account" promotion.
c. Technology assessment - Marco Technologies/Syvantis Technologies/Cascade Computers.
9. New business
a. Second readings of policies.
b. Legion donation - Flag/flag pole.
c. Addition of kindergarten and fourth grade sections.
d. Environmental management services.
e. Demographic study - Hazel Reinhardt.
10. Announcements and meeting dates
a. Upcoming meeting dates
3:30 p.m. Aug. 13, Personnel.
4:30 p.m. Aug. 13, Finance.
7 p.m. Aug. 20, Regular board meeting.
3:30 p.m. Aug. 27, Curriculum.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.