Baxter City Council
7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent agenda
A. Approval of council minutes of July 20
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of July 21
1. Approve the Kentwood Stormwater Phase II Project with black sand topsoil and native seed with landowners' acceptance of this offer and place the project as a top priority on the Streets Capital Improvements Budget for 2005.
2. Approve replacing the five trees with five trees of five 6 foot coniferous trees or two inch caliper deciduous trees and if not acceptable to the landowner then refer the matter to city attorney person.
3. Enter into a contract with Advanced Engineering and Environmental Services for the proposed scope of services for the new water treatment plant.
4. Approve the Shipman Auto Western Pro-Poly quote in the amount of $3,804.64.
5. Approve the WSN proposal for engineering services project management and construction staking for the 2004 Edgewood Drive improvements for an estimated cost of $109,400.
6. Adopt the resolution approving plans and specifications and ordering advertisement for bids for the 2004 Kenwood Drive and Sandstone Road utility and roadway improvement project for 2004 in the city of Baxter.
7. Adopt the resolution approving plans and specifications and ordering advertisement for bids for the 2004 Art Ward Road and Laverne Circle utility and roadway improvement project for 2004 in the city of Baxter.
8. Approve partial pay estimate No. 2 to Larson Excavating in the amount of $155,276.85 for the 2004 Isle Drive/Hinckley Road improvement project.
9. Approve partial pay estimate No. 5 to Larson Excavating in the amount of $27,156.15 for the 2003 Berrywood Drive improvement project.
10. Approve partial pay estimate No. 3 to Anderson Brothers Construction in the amount of $33,137.94 for the 2003 Clearwater Commercial Roadway improvements.
D. Accept long range planning commission minutes of July 22
E. Accept Parks and Recreation commission minutes of July 26
1. Accept fees per ordinance for the concept plan on Honeysuckle Way for Brett Dutton.
F. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of July 27
G. Accept Cemetery minutes of July 22
1. Find a new location for the city of Baxter leaf disposal site -- John Sullivan/Kay LaFrance
H. Approve election judges for the 2004 elections
I. Approve hiring Greg Wagner as planner
J. Authorize extension of the current building official and inspection service contract as additional 30 days or until a letter of agreement with Mr. Baumann as an employee is reached.
K. Authorize staff to solicit requests for proposal for financial advisor
5. Pulled agenda items
6. Other business
A. Set a public hearing date for the 2004 Art Ward Road and Laverne Circle Utility Roadway Improvement Project
B. Public hearing, 7:30 p.m. -- Vacation of property Ironwood Meadows Plat
C. CTC agreement (pp.)
D. Planning and Zoning Actions
1. Approve the rezoning amendment from R-1 (Low Density Residential) to R-2 (Medium Density Residential) for Keith Strand, Outlot A of Grand Strand based on staff findings of fact and Long Range Planning recommendation
2. Approve the Minor Subdivision Plat of Grand Strand for Keith Strand, 6922 Excelsior Road with conditions.
3. Approve the Interim CUP to operate a residential daycare for Sarah Berry at 11847 River Vista Drive with conditions.
4. Approve the CUP to move an existing house into the city limits of Baxter for David Pundt and Carol Hales, Outlot A of JMS addition to Baxter based on the findings of fact and conditions.
5. Approve the preliminary/final plat of the Commerce Region of Baxter with conditions
6. Approve the CUP to operate a Hotel/Waterpark/Restaurant to allow the building height to exceed 45 feet, to allow multiple entrance signage and Forestland Conversion for 4725LTD, OREO, LLC and the Lodge at Brainerd Lakes, LLC with conditions.
7. Approve a tanning salon as an approved Office Services use based on staff's recommendation of a low impact and not an intense use.
8. Brainerd Amusement Variance
E. Fiber Optic Cable Participation
F. Adopt Resolution for local option sales tax
G. Appoint one or two representatives for grievance hearing
7. Public comment
8. Communications-DNR letter regarding trail grants
9. Council comments
A. Mark Cross Industrial and Economic Development and other comments
B. Rosemary Franzen Parks and Recreation and other comments
C. Gary Muehlhausen Utilities, Personnel and Police and other mayoral comments
D. Darrel Olson Planning and Zoning and other comments
E. Barb Wells Long Range Planning and other comments
10. City Attorney
11. City Administrator/Staff Reports
A. Police chief application process
B. Lodging tax
Cass County Board of Commissioner's
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioner's Board Room
1. Call to order
a. Pledge of Allegiance
b. Approval of agenda
2. Robert Yochum-County Administrator
a. Consent agenda
b. Reinstatement of county newsletter
c. Authorize document preparation sale of $560,000 general obligation capital notes for FY 2004.
d. Resolution designating general fund balance
Public HearingConservation Fund 73
4. Norm MoodyLand Commissioner
a. Approve sale of lot to City of Remer
b. Timer auction results
5. Dorothy OpheimHHVS Director
a. Child placement costs for June, 2004 in the amount of $172,463
b. Historical view of child placement costs and child placement recoveries
c. Truancies by school district
d. Update on county based purchasing and South Country Health Alliance
6. Steve KuhaAssessor
a. Approve assessor's office abatements
b. Update on growth of tax base
c. MN Taxpayers Association/Department of Revenueeffective tax rate study
d. State board changes of real and personal property value for 2004
e. Update on Enbridge tax court petition
7. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule
a. JOBZ meeting, Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2004, beginning at 9 a.m. Cass County Resource Center, 245 Barclay Ave., Pine River
8. Motion to close the meeting for departmental head evaluation and report results at next regular meeting
a. AssessorSteve Kuha
1. Approve board minutes of July 20
2. Approve auditor warrants dated July 22, in the amount of $81,935.94
3. Approve HHVS warrants dated July 23, in the amount of $151,496.74
4. Approve HHVS warrants dated July 23, in the amount of $85,214.39
5. Approve auditor warrants dated July 29, in the amount of $752,621.51
6. Approve auditor warrants dated July 29 in the amount of $1,500.00
7. Approve licenses Tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
8. Approve personnel actions
9. Approve resolution on final payments to Redstone Construction for SAP 11-599-12 (Sylvan Township Bridge) in the amount of $267,252.50
10. Receive & file 2004 Dividend Notice from Minnesota Counties Insurance Trust
11. Authorize AMC's Outstanding Service Award and County Achievement Award nomination
12. Receive and file 2003 population and household estimates from the MN state demographer
13. Appointment to the Mississippi Headwaters Advisory Committee
14. Receive and file the monthly HHVS Cash Accounts Report to date, June 30, in the amount of $3,073,658.
15. Approve state "in Lieu" and "Public Hunting Grounds" distribution of FY2004.
16. Approve lease agreement with Occupational Development Center, Bemidji at a rate of $250 month, effective Aug. 3 to Dec. 31.
17. Approve Solid Waste Plan Update Resolution from the MN Office of Environmental Assistance (OEA)
18. Receive and file Economic Development Corporation, July 2004 activity report
19. Accept 2004/2005 Children's Mental Health Grant awards
20. Authorize intent to cancel Carmody Data System Inc. contract effective July 1, 2005
21. Appoint Dorothy Opheim representative to MCCC Board, Reno Wells, alternate
22. Receive and file Unorganized Town Board notice variance requestDale and Jean Peterson
23. Endorse MCIT proposal to extend workers compensation benefits to sheriff's office volunteers during training.
24. Refer Cass County Extension FY2005 budget request to Citizen Budget Committee
25. Refer John and Marilyn Fank accessory structure ordinance amendment request to ESD Advisory Committee
26. Receive and file Region 5 Development Commission Aggregate Material Tax Study
27. Endorse Anoka County request for 2004 special session
Breezy Point City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Call to order.
A. Approval of claims.
B. Approval of agenda.
C. Approval of minutes July 6 regular and July 21 special.
D. Notices and communications.
1. Police department.
A. Monthly report.
B. North Ambulance - Insurance waiver information.
C. Radar trailer/Ideal.
2. Public works.
A. Monthly report.
B. Res. 04-57 adopting policy on staff expenditures (cont.)
C. Estimate on wall repair (cont.)
D. Letter re: East Street.
3. Public safety building.
B. Change orders.
C. Award bids Res. 04-59.
4. Planning commission/board of adjustment.
A. Liaison report.
A. Comp plan goals/strategies.
B. Annual TIF disclosure.
A. Request for payment for moving Breezy Blvd. Park.
B. Park dedication - Aug. 21.
C. Sample park advisory commission ordinance.
8. Cable commission.
9. City attorney.
10. City engineer.
1. Building code.
1. Mid-month meeting, August, budget meeting.
2. Election judge appointments, Res. 04-62.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.