Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on July 19, 2004, as distributed.
B. Approval of 2004 licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses - 8 - new.
2. Contractor's licenses - 2 - renewals.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Fire chief's report of activities distributed to mayor and council.
D. Request to promote the Forgot-Me-Not program from the Disabled Americans Veterans for Aug. 20-21 - Approval of.
E. Department of Justice grant agreement to enforce underage drinking laws - $3,000 - Authorizing execution of agreement for the Brainerd Police Department - July 1-May 31.
F. Minnesota Lawful Gambling exempt permit application - Submitted by the Brainerd chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association for a raffle to be held on Sept. 10 at the Moose Lodge, Brainerd - Approval with no waiting period.
G. Mr. Michael Brethorst - City planner/Community development coordinator - Advance Step D of the salary administration plan - $4,910.60 per month (100 percent of rate) - Effective Dec. 17 - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt - Approval of.
H. Approval of bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Unfinished business.
A. First reading - Proposed Ordinance No. 1240 - An ordinance amending Ordinance No. 812 pertaining to zoning - (Lavelle - 314 Charles and Northwest Fourth streets) - City Administrator Vogt recommends to dispense with the actual reading.
B. Adoption of resolution approving a business subsidy agreement between the city of Brainerd and Stock Building Supply Co.
C. 2005 budget preparation - Status of.
6. New business.
A. TAAC sub-committee appointments.
7. Public forum.
B. City attorney.
C. City administrator.
D. City engineer.
E. City planner/Community developer.
F. Fire chief.
9. Council committee reports.
A. Safety and Public Works Committee.
B. Personnel and Finance Committee.
C. Other committees.
10. Call for applicants.
A. Library board - one six-year term through Jan. 1, 2010.
Brainerd Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 5:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Change order - Fifth Avenue Northeast.
2. Sign ordinance enforcement.
3. 1216 Laurel St. update.
4. Improvement 04-03 - Stonebridge.
A. Land acquisition for lift station.
B. Award of bids.
5. Contract towing bids.
6. Proposals for pre-demolition haz-mat inspection.
7. Proposals - NE master plan/feasibility.
8. Improvement 04-02, Oak Street Phase II - Materials testing proposals.
9. Former senior center building repairs.
10. Transit grant resolution.
11. Old transit bus disposal.
12. Improvement 03-01, Oak Street Phase I - Change Order No. 3.
13. Access agreement with MPCA.
14. Donation of BNSF land for Rhythm of the Rails.
15. Request from New Song and Fellowship.
16. Request from Tabernacle Skate Park Committee.
17. Improvement 02-11, sidewalk - special committee meeting.
Brainerd Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 6:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Annual liability insurance renewal - Steve Engel.
2. Financial services proposals - Recommendation to council.
3. Fire chief search - Status report.
4. Hovercraft - Discussion of.
5. Police department reorganization - Job description - Recommendation from Police and Fire Civil Service Commission.
6. Brainerd Area Civic Center ceiling - Quotes for removal of material - Discussion of.
7. Brainerd Area Civic Center ceiling - Consultation on insulation - Discussion of.
8. Northwoods League lease extension - Mills Field - Park Board recommendation - Discussion of.
9. Mr. Michael Brethorst - City planner/Community development coordinator - Advance to Step D of the salary administration plan - $4,910.60 per month - Effective Dec. 17.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.