MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- A Burnsville hospital and two nurses were negligent in the death of a Prior Lake man who received a potentially toxic dose of morphine after elective surgery, according to the state Health Department.
In a report released Wednesday, the Health Department found that nurses at Fairview Ridges Hospital failed to properly monitor Edward Kyllonen, 37, as he received morphine and other painkillers following hip surgery in November 2001.
State investigators said the hospital and the Dakota County Coroner's Office missed the cause of death.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.