Brainerd School Board
Curriculum/Student Activities Committee -- 2 p.m. Aug. 4
1. Legal policies, Minnesota School Board Association.
2. Crosby-Ironton girls' swimming cooperative agreement.
Finance/Insurance Committee -- 2:30 p.m. Aug. 4
1. Food Service prices.
Special school board meeting -- 3 p.m. Aug. 4
1. Sale of aid anticipation certificates.
Regular school board meeting -- 7 p.m. Aug. 8
Crosby-Ironton School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order and pledge to the flag.
2. Roll call of board members and welcome to visitors.
3. Board discussion/comments on the following items:
a. Spotlight on education.
b. Unpacking day for teachers.
4. Approve agenda.
5. Approve minutes of June 27 regular board meeting.
6. Information items.
6.1 Administrative reports.
a. Activities director.
b. Community education director.
c. Secondary principal.
d. Elementary principal.
6.2 Committee Reports.
a. Activities Committee.
b. Finance Committee.
c. Leadership Evaluation Committee.
d. Staff Development Committee.
e. Technology Committee.
f. Youth Advisory Council.
h. Building and Grounds/Health and Safety/Steering Committee.
i. Classified Staff Negotiations Committee.
j. Crow Wing County Service Collaborative Council.
k. Community Ed Advisory Council.
l. Certified Meet and Confer Committee.
7. Consent Calendar.
7.1 Approve bills presented.
7.2 Acceptance and filing of financial reports.
7.3 Accept monetary awards and donations.
8. Personnel consent items.
8.1 Employ Trish M. Perry Hall, assistant principal, effective with the 2005-2006 school year.
8.2 Employ Adam P. Gress, secondary industrial arts teacher, effective with the 2005-2006 school year.
8.3 Renew extra-curricular contracts for the 2005-2006 season.
Football -- Mike Gindorff, varsity coach; Neil Tesdahl, assistant coach; Tim Millsop, assistant coach.
Volleyball -- Jill Kovatovich, varsity coach; Marianne McLaughlin, eighth-grade coach; Becky Sabyan, seventh-grade coach.
Tennis -- Brian Gaffney, varsity coach; Cheryl Severson, junior high coach.
Cross country -- Roger Twigg, coach.
Activities director -- Roger Twigg.
8.4 Employ Brian Cook, ninth-grade football coach for the 2005-2006 season.
8.5 Employ Sam Roepke, seventh-grade football coach for the 2005-2006 season.
8.6 Employ Toni Elyea, assistant volleyball coach for the 2005-2006 season.
8.7 Accept resignation of Troy Battig, assistant volleyball coach, effective at the end of the 2004-2005 season.
9. Personnel action items:
9.1 Authorize one day of unpacking for teachers.
10. Action items:
10.2 Adopt resolution awarding the issuance and sale of aid anticipation certificates (roll call vote).
11. Public comments.
12. Regular board meeting -- 7 p.m. Aug. 22, Board Room, secondary building.
Staples City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Approve agenda.
2. Approve consent calendar.
* Minutes from previous meeting.
* Payment of bills, Etzler and Northquest.
3. Consider grant agreement with Initiative Foundation for Rotary Club community flagpole project.
4. Consider request from Enocker's Sports Bar and Grill Inc. for a horseshoe pit behind the bar with the liquor license to include the horseshoe pit area.
5. Bob Blessing, emergency management director.
* Emergency lights on personal vehicle.
* Consider resolution to adopt the National Incident Management System as the city's emergency management system.
6. Consider request from Staples Food Corp. dba: Ernie's Food Market to vacate the south 123 feet of Fifth Street Northeast between First and Second avenues.
7. Staples Fire Department Relief Association pension benefit level and municipal contribution for 2006 -- Dennis Miller.
8. Consider request from Unity Bank Central to close Park Avenue between Fourth Street Northeast and the alley to use the water tower park Sept. 9 for Customer Appreciation Day.
9. Consider approval of police union contract for 2005 and 2006.
10. Consider purchase agreement with Loree Allen for the sale of lots in First Addition to High View Estates.
11. Committee reports.
* Forestry and Beautification Board.
* Planning and Zoning Commission.
12. Open forum.
13. City administrator's report.
14. Discussion brought forward by city council members.
Crow Wing County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Monday
Service Building Meeting Room 1
9 a.m. -- Call to order
1. Adopt Article 33, Planned Unit Development Standards, and Article 34, Resort Standards (both previously Section 15), of Crow Wing County Zoning Ordinance.
Crow Wing County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
9 a.m. -- Review consent calendar and correspondence
9:30 a.m. -- Call to order.
1. Open forum.
2. Approve consent calendar.
a. Approve minutes of July 12.
b. Approve bills.
c. Tax applications.
e. Minnesota lawful gambling applications for exempt permit.
f. Renewal 3.2-percent malt liquor license application.
3. Miscellaneous business.
a. Resolution authorizing execution of grant agreement for safe communities grant.
b. Airport property lease.
c. Extension Committee appointment.
d. County auditor, records destruction.
e. Central Minnesota Community Corrections, billing member counties for Fund 21 deficit.
f. Building & Grounds Committee recommendations.
g. Committee reports.
h. Additional business.
4. Planning & Zoning
a. Final plats and zoning changes.
i. Birch Grove North, Unorganized Territory.
ii. Whitefish Meadows, Timothy.
iii. The Park at Clearwater Estates, Bay Lake.
b. Preliminary plats and zoning changes.
iv. Crystal Court, Lake Edward.
v. The Wild, Oak Lawn.
c. Zoning changes.
i. Tom Feierabend, Crow Wing.
ii. James and Connie Nelson, Center.
iii. Dennis Olson, Nokay Lake.
iv. James and Becky Renner/Tina Anderson, Unorganized Territory.
d. Discussion regarding Planned Unit Developments, Resort Standards & Certificates of Survey.
e. Proposed changes to Article 3, administration of Crow Wing County Zoning Ordinance.
f. Request to close office Aug. 3 for zoning ordinance training.
5. Public hearing, consider adopting Crow Wing County Emergency Management Ordinance (11 a.m.).
6. Crow Wing County Sewer District pilot project update and set public hearing date (11:05 a.m.)
7. Land commissioner
a. Authorize exchange of deeds -- Steward/Crow Wing County land exchange
b. Receive appraisals/authorize payment
i. Wood/Crow Wing County land exchange.
ii. Whitetail Investments/Crow Wing County land exchange.
c. Utility easement request -- Mille Lacs Energy Co-op, Port Mille Lacs Ranchoes.
d. Withdraw tracts from final 2005 tax forfeited land sale list.
e. Authorize quotes -- 2005 budcapping
8. County sheriff.
a. Explain current payment procedure of Crow Wing County Jail related to medical bills, including revenue recapture and amounts collected.
9. Human Services director.
i. Minnesota Senior Health Options contracts.
ii. Update on home and community based waiver contracts.
b. Sex offender commitments -- Fiscal impact.
c. County-based purchasing.
d. Director's report.
10. County highway engineer.
a. Award bids.
i. C.P. 18-200-21 (aggregate stockpiling).
ii.C.P. 18-144-03 (County Road 144).
b.CSAH 48 Extension/Cypress Drive traffic study discussion.
c. Petition to establish roads in plat of Whispering Oaks East.
d. Miscellaneous and routine business.
11. County administrator.
i. Social Services -- Office support specialist
ii. Planning & Zoning -- Director's salary adjustment
Upcoming committee meetings:
Tuesday -- 8:30 a.m., Building & Grounds Committee and CAM, Commissioners' Room.
Thursday -- 5 p.m., Planning Commission, Service Building Meeting Room.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.