Meet 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
8:30 a.m. -- Review consent calendar and correspondence
9:30 a.m. -- Call to order
1. Open forum
2. Approve consent calendar
A. Approve minutes of July 9
B. Approve bills
C. Tax applications
D. Resolution for Brainerd-Crow Wing County Regional Airport Commission, A.I.P. 3-27-0014-21-02
3. Miscellaneous business
A. Flood declaration
B. Appoint election judges for Red, White, Blue & Mail Ballot precincts
C. Appoint commissioners to canvassing boards for primary and general elections
D. Review proposal and award contract for dog control service
E. Authorize quotes, 2002 bud capping
F. Agriculture/Horticulture program assistant contract
G. Committee reports
H. Additional business
4. Planning and zoning administrator
A. Zoning reclassifications
a. Mark Shonka, Little Pine
b. Alexander Smude, Roosevelt
c. Taylor Investments, Roosevelt
B. Joint cities and county project for information on effect of superstores on communities
C. Feedlot ordinance
5. County highway engineer
A. Petition for improvements, Woodlawn Street, Unorganized Territory
B. Request for extension of assessment period, Indigo Road, Unorganized Territory
C. Sale of surplus equipment, paint sprayer, to highest bidder
D. Equipment purchase, advertise for bids for shouldering machine and snow blower
E. Review maintenance activities
F. Review construction program
G. Miscellaneous and routine business
6. Human service director
A. Purchase of service contracts
B. Director's report
7. Parks director
A. Bylaws for Crow Wing County Parks Commission
8. County attorney
A. Procedure for recording plats
9. County administrator
A. Consideration of changes in employee benefits
B. Crow Wing County business council
C. Potlatch team meeting notice
D. Crow Wing County Housing and Redevelopment Authority vision and mission statement
E. NACo conference materials
Upcoming committee meetings:
Tuesday -- 1:30 p.m., Thirty Lakes/Crow Wing County Joint Powers Board, Commissioners' Room.
Thursday -- 5 p.m., Planning Commission, Welton Hall in Elks Club building.
Wing County Joint Powers Board
Meets 1:30 p.m. Tuesday
1:30 p.m. -- Call to order
1. Old business
A. Review and approve secretary's report from June 25
B. Feasibility study -- Update from Ayers Associates
C. Review expenses and approve payment
D. Implementation team (I-Team) -- Update from July 23, meeting
E. Central Lakes Wastewater Task Force -- Update
F. Public relations
a. Media coverage
b. Lake association and township meeting schedule
2. New business
A. Miscellaneous items
B. BIR update
3. Additional business
Staples City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
1. Approve agenda
2. Approve consent calendar
A. Minutes from previous meetings
B. Payment of bills
C. Building permits
3. Public hearing at 7:05 p.m. to consider annexation of property as requested by Glen and Beryl Meide, and consider first reading of ordinance.
4. Reconsider membership agreement with North Central Service Cooperative.
5. Response to city's position and requests regarding Highway 10 and 210-MnDOT.
6. Committee reports
A. Forestry and beautification board.
B. Planning and zoning commission.
7. Reconsider participating in the funding of the local share of the operations budget for Public Transit Services for North Staples.
8. Reconsider sending representatives to the National Association of Towns and Townships Conference in Washington, D.C., in September.
9. Reconsider amending the open burning regulations to allow for campfires.
10. Discuss request to Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp. from Shirley Thompson that the depot be donated for city offices.
11. Open forum
12. City administrator's report
13. Business brought forward by council members.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.