Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held July 7.
B. Approval of licenses, recommended by city administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses - 2- new.
2. Contractor's licenses - 3 - renewal.
C. Department reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to council.
2. Finance director's report distributed to mayor and council.
D. Application to conduct excluded Bingo - Submitted by Lower South Long Lake Improvement Association for a raffle to be held Aug. 31 at Jack's House, approval of.
E. Engineering Department - Mr. Bob Vranish, engineering technician - successful completion of one-year employment - Advance to Step D of Salary Administration Plan (100 percent of base rate) - $21.89 hour - effective July 27.
F. Police department - Resignation of community service officer Aaron Cronquist - Effective Aug. 8 - Accept with regret.
G. Transfer of funds - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
General Fund to Public Safety Fund: $587,417.
General Fund to Park Fund: $200,000.
General Fund to Street and Sewer Fund: $100,000.
General Fund to Airport fund, $12,583.
H. Approval of bills, recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Presentation - Crow Wing county Sheriff Todd Dahl.
6. Presentation, Brainerd for a Lifetime, Mr. John Knopik.
7. Unfinished business.
A. Public hearing - Improvement 08-04, South 11th Street.
B. Public hearing - Final reading of Proposed Ordinance No. 1325, amended animal control ordinance, city administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
C. Downtown project update - WSN.
Resolution of support for federal funding.
8. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor.
B - City attorney.
C - City administrator.
D - City engineer.
E - City planner.
G - Finance director.
10. Council Committee reports.
A. Personnel and Finance Committee.
B. Safety and Public Works committee.
C. Other committees.
11. Call for applicants.
A. Charter commission - one term to fill which expires Jan. 1, 2011.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
1. City hall annex - Back wall.
2. Request from Habitat for Humanity.
3. Request for signage.
4. Overlay on third Avenue.
5. Stub sidewalks at 704 N. 6th and 703 N. 4th Street.
6. ISD 181 sidewalks.
7. Tall grass, various locations.
8. Sewer grass, repairs.
9. Sound Connection Building.
10. Northtown Addition Park.
11. Northtown West C.U. P. - Condition Use Permit.
13. Mosquito control.
14. Aerial photos and TOPO.
15. Request for in-street pedestrian crossing signs.
16. Improvement 08-04, Public hearing at council meeting, resolution to be adopted.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
1. BAHA arena lease agreement.
2. Fire Relief Association - financial requirement forms - Approval of.
3. Employee Insurance Committee - Status report.
4. Local Option Sales Tax - Status of collections.
5. Engineering Department - Mr. Bob Vranish, engineering technician - Successful completion of one-year employment - Advance to Step "D" of Salary Administration Plan (100 percent of base rate) $21.89 hour, effective July 21, approval of.
6. Police Department.
Resignation of Community Service Officer Aaron Cronquist, effective Aug. 8 - accept with regret.
Resignation of patrol officer/patrol sergeant Terry Crocker, effective Aug. 3, accept with regret and consider severance pay request.
Crow Wing County Board
Meets 9 a.m.
County Board Room
1. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Open Forum.
3. Review and approve July 8 regular county board minutes.
4. Review and approve July 22 county board meeting agenda.
5. Approve Consent Agenda
5.1. Resolution regarding court appointed counsel in EPC hearings, CHIPS, permanency or TPR matters.
5.2. Amended agreement with Granite City Armored Car, Inc. for courier service for county mail delivery to post office.
5.4. Exempt gambling permit - MN Sheriffs' Association.
5.5. Tax applications
6. Miscellaneous business.
6.1. Resolution in support of 10-year plan to end homelessness for 14-county Central MN Region.
6.2. Resolution approving second amended joint powers agreement of South Country Health Alliance.
6.3. Committee reports.
6.4. Additional business.
7. County sheriff.
7.1. Out-of-state school request.
7.2. Attendance at National Sheriff's Institute.
8. Human resource director.
8.1. Sheriff - deputy hiring list.
8.2. Sheriff - correctional officer replacement.
9. Land services.
9.1. Land department.
9.1.1. Receive appraisal - authorize payment to Kvale - Nolan/CWC land exchange.
9.1.2. Authorize exchange of deeds.
22.214.171.124. Klick/CWC land exchange.
126.96.36.199. Eisel/CWC land exchange.
9.1.3. Receive appraisal - authorize payment to Ludenia - Riverton.
9.1.4. Set sale price - authorize Sale to City of Riverton.
9.1.5. Receive appraisal - authorize payment to Ludenia - Jenkins C.
9.1.6. Set sale price - Authorize Sale to City of Jenkins.
9.1.7. Reinstatement of canceled tax forfeited Land Contract No. 1834 - Schneider.
9.2. Planning and Zoning Department.
9.2.1. John and Mary Sours - rezoning request, Lake Edward.
9.2.2. Anthony Banker - rezoning request, Long Lake.
9.2.3. Dennis and Theresa Hines - rezoning request, Oak Lawn.
9.2.4. D. Patrick and Jacqueline Brown - rezoning request, Maple Grove.
9.2.5. Pinehurst Financial, LLC - rezoning request, Fort Ripley T.
9.2.6. Walberg Properties and Associates LLC - rezoning request, Garrison T.
9.2.7. Gregory and Ann Christopherson - rezoning request, Ideal.
9.2.8. Robert and Gayle Caturia - rezoning request, Jenkins T.
9.2.9. Ted and Suzanne Leagjeld - rezoning request, Ideal.
9.2.10. Larry and Gail Smith - Rezoning Request & Preliminary Plat - Sunset Valley Estates, Lake Edward.
9.2.11. Gerald and Georgie Kiffmeyer - Preliminary Plat - Moccasin Hills, Roosevelt.
9.2.12. Sienna World Golf, LLC & CWC Golfpartners LP - Final Plat - Palmers Addition, Pelican.
9.3. Land Services director.
9.3.1. Permit report information.
9.3.2. Board of Adjustment information.
9.3.3. GIS fee schedule.
10. County auditor.
10.1. Agreements for election ballot programming, equipment maintenance and printing.
11. Leadership Team report.
12. Other board activities.
12.1. The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board.
Monday, July 21, 3 p.m. Personnel Committee: Historic Courthouse, Human Resource Conference Room.
Tuesday, July 22, 1:30 p.m. Budget Committee: Historic Courthouse, Jinx Ferrari Meeting Room.
Wednesday, July 23, 9 a.m. Northern Pines Mental Health Board: Little Falls.
Thursday, July 24, 7 p.m. Region 5 Development Commission: Staples.
Cass County Board Work Session
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Public Meeting Room, Land Department Building, Backus
A. Highway Department Staffing Plan.
B. Traffic counts.
C. Road classifications targets.
2. County road jurisdiction.
3. Construction program - CSAH, County.
D. Intersection lighting safety.
1. Training July 23, 2008.
E. Trail status.
3. City projects.
F. Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe.
1. Shingobee Land
2. ISR No. 6.
3. Big Leech - Turtle Lake request for easement.
G. Capital fund.
1. CR paving levy.
2. Highway shops (Wabedo project, construction methods).
1. Chippewa Beach.
I. Budget 2009.
1. Reflectivity standards.
2. Highway shop privatization.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.