BAXTER CITY COUNCIL
Baxter City Council
7 p.m., Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of Council minutes of July 6, 2005.
B. Payment of bills and approval of finance report
C. Accept Utilities Commission minutes of July 6, 2005.
1. Approve the variance for 5798 Clearwater Road septic system with contingencies.
2. Approve replacing the grass area with seven feet of bituminous around the Birchdale Lane cul-de-sac to be paid from street budget.
3. Approve the City of Baxter and Northern PCS contract.
4. Approve the landscaping plan for Northern PCS contract as submitted with one change which is replacing the two feet of landscaping rock with a two-foot concrete apron around the entire 10-feet by 14-feet structure.
5. Accept concept option A of the Cypress Drive alignment through Baxter Town Center with no acceptance of final design, specifications, exact alignment and buffer distances.
6. Approve partial pay estimate No. 2 to Gopher State Contractors in the amount of $115,861.50 for the 2004 Whipple Beach and Berrywood Park bathrooms.
7. Approve change order No. 2 to Pratt's Affordable Excavating in the amount of $5,851.76 for the 2004 Art Ward, Laverne Circle and Whipple Beach improvements.
8. Approve partial pay estimate #4 to Pratt's Affordable Excavating in the amount of $151,316.36 for the 2004 Art Ward, Laverne Circle and Whipple Beach improvements and final acceptance of the 2004 Whipple Beach project.
9. Approve partial pay estimate #2 to Tom's Backhoe in the amount of $146,609.11 for the 2005 Cherrywood Drive, Northwood's Estates and Section 6 storm water improvement project.
10. Approve partial pay estimate #5 to R.L. Larson in the amount of $7,950.82 for the 2003 Edgewood Drive North utility and roadway extension.
11. Approve partial pay estimate #9 to R.L. Larson in the amount of $7,106.54 for the 2004 Meredith, Norway and Lancer utility and roadway improvements.
12. Approve final pay estimate No. 4 to Redstone Construction in the amount of $22,541.66 for the 2004 Kenwood Drive and Sandstone Road utility and roadway improvements with contingencies.
13. Approve the WSN proposal for Final Design Engineering Services for MacDonald Acres improvements for a total cost not to exceed cost of $36,800.
14. Approve the WSN Wildflower Drive area improvements supplemental feasibility study agreement for a total cost not to exceed $6,200 and completion of the study within 14 days.
15. Approve the North Forestview Drive feasibility report contingent on changes.
16. Approve the South Forestview Drive feasibility report contingent on changes.
17. Approve the 2006 Jasperwood Drive area improvements feasibility report with Option B added to the appendix.
D. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of July 12, 2005.
E. Approve Cal Ripken Baseball Tournament expenses
F. Adopt resolution approving plans and specs and ordering advertisement for bids for the Hastings Road improvements.
G. Adopt resolution approving plans and specs and ordering advertisement for bids for the Forthun Road improvements.
H. Approve hiring a full time street/water/sewer maintenance worker.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Public hearing vacation of roads - 7:30 p.m.
B. Public hearing of North AUAR land use map amendment to the comprehensive plan - 7:30 p.m.
C. Adopt resolution ordering AUAR for the north Baxter area.
D. Planning and Zoning actions
1. Approve the minor subdivision of BRAK 1 showing Lot 1 and Outlot A
2. Approve Baxter Town Center proceeding with PUD application.
3. Table preliminary plat of Baxter Town Center Phase I.
4. Approve the rezoning from R-1 to R-2 for Joann and Charles Martin at 6768 Excelsior Road based on staff's findings of fact.
5. Approve the rezoning from RS to R-1/PUD overlay district for Craig MacDonald at 14771 Inglewood Drive based on staff's findings of fact, and based on the fact this is approved based on the fact the extra land required is part of an easement and is not right of way.
6. Approve the preliminary plat of MacDonald Acres for Craig MacDonald at 14771 Inglewood Drive with conditions.
7. Approve the rezoning from R-1 to OS for the first addition to Kirkwood.
8. Approve the minor subdivision of the first addition to Kirkwood with conditions.
9. Approve the east lot line correction for Mike Kitzman.
10. Approve the west lot line correction for O.R.E.O./JMS/Kitzman.
11. Approve the lot line correction for Mike and Krista Schuler at 13973 Inglewood Drive.
E. Dick Dean property.
7. Public comments.
9. Council comments.
A. Mark Cross - Industrial and economic development and other comments.
B. Rosemary Franzen - Parks and recreation and other comments.
C. Randy Hukriede - Long range planning and other comments.
D. Gary Muehlhausen - Utilities and other comments.
E. Darrel Olson - Planning and zoning, personnel, police and other comments. Mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
11. City administrator's report.
12. Staff reports
13. Adjourn to joint Council/Crow Wing County Cypress/48 study 7 p.m., July 21, Crow Wing County courthouse.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.