Brainerd City Council
Meets Monday, 7:30 p.m.
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent Calendar -- Items "A" through "G."
A. Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting held July 5, 2000, and the Adjourned Meeting held July 11, 2000.
B. Approval of Licenses -- Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor Licenses -- 2 -- Renewals
C. Transfer or New Licenses for Tropical Nites Inc. d/b/a Tropical Nites, 718-720 Laurel Street, to Tropical Nights Bar, Inc. d/b/a Tropical Nights Bar, 718-720 Laurel Street -- Effective August 1, 2000 -- Subject to Investigation and Approval by Police Chief.
1. On-Sale Liquor License (Transfer)
2. Sunday On-Sale Liquor License (Transfer)
3. Off-Sale Liquor License (Transfer)
4. Cigarette License (New)
D. Mr. Charles Dunemann -- Fire Equipment Operator -- Change Classification from Probationary to Regular Employee -- Effective July 23, 2000 -- Increase Rate of Pay to Second Year Fire Equipment Operator Per Union Contract -- Recommended by Fire Chief Mahle -- Approval of (See Personnel and Finance Committee Agenda No. 8).
E. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Application for Exempt Permits -- Local Unit of Government Acknowledgment -- Submitted by:
1. North Country Pheasants Forever for Raffle to be held Aug. 17, 2000 at Moose Lodge.
2. Brainerd Chapter -- Ruffed Grouse Society for Raffle to be held Aug. 1, 2000 at Brainerd Holiday Inn.
F. Transfer of Funds -- Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
1. General Fund to Public Safety Fund $300,000.00
2. General Fund to Street & Sewer Fund $75,000.00
3. General Fund to Park Fund $215,330.00
4. General Fund to Airport Fund $9,670.00
G. Approval of Bills -- Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
5. Public Hearing -- Nuisance complaints
6. Public Hearing -- Consider Issuance of Excess Liquor Licenses -- Discussion of
7. Public Hearing -- Consider Brainerd Daily Dispatch TIF/Property Tax Abatement
8. Mn/DOT presentation on Highway 210 Project
9. Third Reading -- Proposed Ordinance No. 1102 -- An Ordinance Amending Ordinance Nos. 1020, 1033, 1051, and 1068 Dividing the City of Brainerd into an Urban Service District and a Rural Service District.
10. Annexation Issues -- Discussion of.
11. Youth Advisory Council Report
12. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A -- Mayor
B -- City Attorney
C -- City Administrator
D -- City Engineer
E -- City Planner
14. Council Committee Reports
A -- Personnel & Finance Committee
B -- Safety & Public Works Committee
C -- Other Committees.
15. New Business
A. Call for Applicants:
1. City Transportation Committee -- Two Vacancies -- One Year Term to Expire 1/1/2001.
2. Brainerd Public Library Board -- One Vacancy -- Unexpired Term to Expire 1/1/2004.
3. Brainerd Public Utilities Commission -- One Vacancy -- Unexpired Term to Expire Jan. 1, 2005.
16. Adjourn to July 31, 2000, at 5:30 at Brainerd Holiday Inn for Council Retreat.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets Monday, 6 p.m.
City Council Chambers
1. Nuisance complaints
2. Transit Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy -- Adoption of Resolution
A. Adopting Policy
3. Thiesse Farm Initial Site Assessment Results
4. Remediation and Indemnification Agreement
5. Planning Commission Business
6. Mn/DOT T.H. 210 Project
7. I&I Study Update
8. Northern Pacific Center Master Plan Consultant Selection
9. Ticket Appeals
A. Rodney Iverson #062661
B. Thomas Brittell #0541212
10. Request from Crow Wing County E-911 Committee for naming of new city streets
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets Monday, 6:30 p.m.
Brainerd City Hall Conf. Rm.
1. Brainerd Fire Department Relief Association -- Presentation of Annual Audit
2. Dispatch TIF/Tax Abatement Matter -- Discussion of
3. Brainerd/Crow Wing County Airport Commission Manager Sievek -- Request Funding for Airport Expansion/Runway Protection Zone
4. Potential Property Purchase -- Discussion of
5. Brainerd Lakes Area Housing Market Study -- Request for Funding Support from HRA -- Discussion of
6. Police Chief Letter of Retirement -- Acceptance of and Authorize Severance Payment -- Refer to Civil Service Commission to Begin Process for Replacement and Appointment of Acting Chief -- Discussion of
8. Mr. Charles Dunemann -- Fire Equipment Operator -- Change Classification from Probationary to Regular Employee -- Effective July 23, 2000 -- Increase Rate of Pay to Second Year Fire Equipment Operator Per Union Contract -- Recommended for Approval by Fire Chief Mahle -- Discussion of
Cass County Commissioners
Meets Wednesday, 10:30 a.m.
Commissioners Board Room
1. 10:30 a.m. -- Approval of Agenda. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time.)
2. 10:35 a.m. -- Robert Yochum, Administrator
A. Consent Agenda
B. Health/Human Services building project report
3. 11 a.m. Public Hearing
A. 2nd Reading on Amendments to No. 92-7 Food & Beverage Ordinance
4. 11:15 a.m. -- Paul Fairbanks, ESD Director
A. ISTS permit process review
B. Approve MPCA feed lot grant amendment
C. Authorize Healthy Lakes Program -- Initiative Foundation
D. Authorize MN ISTS Performance Code Agreement
5. 12 Noon Adjourn until 1 p.m.
6. 1 p.m. Pete Moberg, Northern Mississippi Range Association, Inc.
A. Gun Range Lease (Wilkinson Township)
7. 1:15 p.m. Dave Enblom, Highway Department
A. Update on CSAH No. 50 (long term strategy)
B. Award improvement contracts -- CSAH No. 8 (Federal Dam to Bena), CR 130 (TH 200 to CSAH No. 4), and DNR Lake Access (Birch Lake Township)
C. Discuss policy of supplying culverts at no charge
D. Receive and file $253,947 from FEMA for road repair
E. Receive and file vacancy of Motor Equipment Operator -- Hackensack
8. 1:45 p.m. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule
A. Establish Aug. 4, 2000 joint meeting -- Aitkin County
9. 2 p.m. Adjourn
Little Falls District 482
Meets 5:30 p.m. Monday
1. Closed Session: Superintendent's Performance Evaluation (Minn. Stat. 471.750, Subd. 1d(d))
Regular District 482
School Board Meeting
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Approve agenda
A. Approve minutes
B. Payment of Bills
D. Bids and Purchasing Approvals
1. Bid for Commodities
2. Lincoln School Concrete Bid
3. H.S. Masonry Bid
4. H.S. re-roof over Commons
E. Aid Anticipation Certificates Resolution
F. Systems Accountability Committee/Membership
G. Fiscal Agent for Aqua Tech
I. Student Teaching Agreement
J. Class Size Policy
K. School Board Election Resolution
5. Public Comments
6. Strategic Plan/Student staff reports/Student achievement
A. MCI and ITBS Test Results
7. Items for Action
A. Transportation contractor request
B. Resolution on sites for grad standards
C. Lease agreement -- Auto body site
D. Tax levy hearing dates
E. Health and safety report
F. Mileage rate increase
G. Food service request
H. Sub teacher rates
I. Replacement for lost e-mates
J. Request for grant for mentoring teachers
8. Information items/reports
A. Report on Lincoln School
B. Ohana Foundation Award
C. Report on Mid-State Services
D. Budget calendar
E. Superintendent's evaluation schedule
F. Update on fairgrounds property
G.. TAG/Program assessment
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.