WASHINGTON (AP) -- A company is recalling 123,000 night lights after government regulators discovered that the faceplates can be broken off, exposing wiring and posing a danger of shock or electrocution, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday.
The First Years Inc. of Avon, Mass., voluntarily recalled the ''Elmo Nitelights'' after three reports of the faceplates breaking off. Two 1-year-old girls and an adult received an electrical shock from touching the exposed wires.
Discount, drug, grocery and toy stores sold them from July 1997 to March 2000 for $5 to $6.
The commission said consumers should immediately throw the products away.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.