Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall council chambers
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent calendar - All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on June 15 and the special meetings held on June 11 and June 22 as distributed.
B. Approval of licenses - Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's Licenses - 1 - New.
2. Contractor's Licenses - 1 - Renewals.
C. Department Reports.
1. Mayor's report of activities distributed to Council.
2. Fire Chief's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
3. Park Director's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
4. Rental Housing Inspector's report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
D. Public wrestling or boxing application - Submitted by Steven Cady for an event to be held on Aug. 1 from noon to 9 p.m. in front of Liquor Pigz Sports Bar - Approval Contingent upon payment of Security Fee.
E. Request to approve "Store Front Drive" to be held in Brainerd on July 10 by the Aadzuhman Shrine Club to support Shriners Hospitals for Children - Approval of.
F. FY09 Safe and Sober Agreement - Adoption of a resolution authorizing the execution by the Police Department - Approval of.
5. Approval of Bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
6. Current Character Trait - Gentleness.
7. Presentation - College Drive Reconstruction Project - WSB Engineering and Westwood Professional Services.
8. Unfinished business.
A. Arena Management Proposals - Discussion of.
B. Public Hearing - Final reading of proposed ordinance No. 1336 - Rezoning Horizon Health Inc/Don and Ila Hines - R-2 to R-3; 218-220 9th Street SW/920 Cora Street - City Administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
C. Public Utilities Commission - Neighboring Property purchase proposals - Wastewater Treatment Plant/Service Center - Discussion of.
D. E-Squared Liquor License - Facility Property Taxes.
E. Citizen Appreciation Day Update - To be held on Thursday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
9. New business.
A. First Reading - Ordinance No. 1337 - Rural Service District.
10. Planning Commission.
A. Oak Heights Apartments Conditional Use Permit, 3402 Oak Street.
11. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor
B - City Attorney
C - City Administrator
D - City Engineer
E - City Planner
F - Fire Chief
G - Park Director
13. Council Committee Reports.
A - Personnel and Finance Committee.
B - Safety and Public Works Committee.
C - Other Committees.
14. Call for applicants.
A. Cable TV Advisory Committee - One term to expire Jan. 1, 2013.
15. Adjourn - To closed union negotiation strategy session.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 5 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall conference room
1. Arena Management Proposals - Discussion of.
2. Approval of Bills - Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
3. Coalition of Greater MN Cities Conference - "Host City Proposals."
4. Approval of OSHA Settlement Agreement - Authorize payment of fines in the amount of $1,312.50.
5. Fire Department
Exhaust System Quotes.
Capital Expenditure Request.
Fire Relief Association - Pension Requirements.
6. Union Negotiation Status - Adjourn regular meeting to closed strategy session.
7. LMCIT Renewal Pricing - Craig Miller, Weizenegger-Engel Insurance.
8. Arena Vending Agreement - Discussion of.
9. Police Department - Potential 2009 purchases.
10. Employee Safety Manual Revision.
11. Tax Collection Update.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 6 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Improvement 09-03 - 2009 Seal Coat - Update
2. North Brainerd Sewer Repair Quotes - Update
3. Northtown Catch Basin Repairs - Update
4. Paint/Repair Notifications/Process - Discussion of
5. Downtown Signage Cost Estimate.
6. Traffic Review - North 3rd Street.
7. Lot 19, Buffalo Hills.
8. Front Street Parking Recommendation.
9. Appeal of rental registration late fee.
10. Request for closure of South Seventh St. on July 19.
11. Downtown Storm Sewer Catch Basins
12. Improvement 05-16 - Change Order No. 1.
13. Improvement 05-15 - South 8th Street Reconstruction - Adoption of a resolution accepting bid.
14. Buckled sidewalk at 1724 Oak Street.
15. City Code Section 2010 Amendment related to Junk and Blight
16. Unlicensed Vehicle Court Decision.
17. City Hall Annex - Quote to Color Stucco.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.