The Baxter City Council will hold a Council Budget Workshop - Council Goals and Priorities at 6:00 p.m. at the Baxter City Hall.
Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent agenda.
A. Approval of council minutes of June 5.
B. Payment of bills and approval of Finance Report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission Minutes of May 6, 2007
1. Approve the South Sanitary Sewer Interceptor and Camwood Trail/Chestnut Drive area improvements feasibility study with two minor changes.
2. Approve Rice Lake Construction pay estimate No. 13 for the water treatment facility and public works facility in the amount of $341,457.
3. Approve the Tom's Backhoe Services partial pay estimate No. 1 for the 2007 Cedar Scenic area improvements in the amount of $170,176.90.
4. Approve the S. J. Louis Construction change order No. 4 for the 2006 Clearwater Road and Kimberlee Drive area improvements in the amount of $9,954.15.
5. Approve the S. J. Louis Construction partial pay estimate No. 6 for the 2006 Clearwater Road and Kimberlee Drive area improvements in the amount of $245,404.24.
D. Accept the Architectural Review Committee minutes of June 7.
1. Approve the design of the car wash at College Square with changes listed.
E. Accept Planning and Zoning Commission minutes of June 12.
F. Approve the hiring of Angela Hart for the receptionist/cashier position at Grade 3, step probationary of the AFSCME pay scale.
G. Adopt Resolution No. 07-6/2-1, A Resolution approving and authorizing execution of a development agreement with Autumn Glenn (Arbor Glenn 2 Project).
H. Approve assessment agreement for Dale and Juanita Malloy, 5148 Clearwater Rd.
I. Approve assessment agreement for Steven and Tricia Janousek, 5274 Clearwater Rd.
J. Approve assessment agreement for Christopher and Julie Hunter, 14314 Shoreview Dr.
K. Grant an extension until Sept. 17, for the Conditional Use Permit for Mixed Use PUD, and to record the Mill Run Townhomes Plat.
L. Approve the final acceptance of the 2004-2005 Super Wal-Mart store street and utility improvement project and authorize the city clerk to sign the release of the subdivision bond from Travelers Casualty and Surety Company in the amount of $1,497,813.
5. Pulled agenda items.
6. Other business.
A. Review and discuss grant for MN Financial Crimes Task being awarded to the Baxter Police Department .
1. Accept grant from Office of Justice Programs in the amount of $76,200 for placing an investigator on the MN Financial Crimes Task Force.
2. Approve hiring additional patrol officer on or about July 1.
B. Brett Dutton - Honeysuckle Acres assessment.
C. Planning and Zoning actions.
1. Approve the ordinance amendment for Office Service (OS) Districts by adding various hospital use standards, requirements, and other miscellaneous changes for the city of Baxter of 13190 Memorywood Drive with the addition of coffee shops as an Accessory Retail Use and buildings 125,000 gross square feet or larger be listed under Conditional Uses along with findings listed.
2. Approve the ordinance amendment to revise the PUD regulations for the City of Baxter of 13190 Memorywood Drive with the addition of more concrete language under Maximum Allowable Dwelling Unit or Density Increases, item C regarding timelines for the installation of those amenities along with findings listed.
3. Approve the Conditional Use Permit Amendment to construct a carwash and change hours of operation at College Square Gas Station for Tudor Rose, LLC of 3325 Oak
Street, Brainerd, MN with conditions.
4. Approve the Conditional Use Permit for transitional housing for displaced families for Lakewood Evangelical Free Church of 6284 Fairview Road with conditions.
5. Approve the Conditional Use Permit for outdoor display and rental of automobiles for Enterprise Rent-A-Car of 7800 Hwy 65 NE, Spring Lake Park, with conditions.
6. Approve the zoning amendment from R-1 to C-1 (for record keeping purposes from 1994) for the City of Baxter of 13190 Memorywood Drive with findings listed.
7. Approve the Conditional Use Permit to conduct temporary tent sales of fireworks at Wal-Mart for Christ Alive Church, P.O. Box 357, Brainerd, MN with conditions.
8. Approve the Minor Subdivision Plat of Slumberland Addition to Baxter for Reppco, LLP of 2709 15th Street S., No. 22, Fargo, ND with conditions.
9. Approve the Conditional Use Permit amendment to amend the Planned Unit Development for an eight office park condominium development for On the Wing Investments, LLC of 13760 Bluestem Court, No.150 with conditions.
10. Approve the Minor Subdivision Plat of CIC No.1088 Fairview Office Park First Supplemental CIC Plat for On the Wing Investments, LLC of 13760 Bluestem Court, #150 with conditions.
7. Public comments.
A. Architectural drawing of Excelsior Trail Bridge.
B. Waste Water Treatment Plant landscape plan.
9. Council comments.
A. Jim Klein - Industrial and Economic Development
B. Rob Moser - Parks and Recreation.
C. Gary Muehlhausen - Utilities.
D. Darrel Olson - Planning and Zoning and mayoral comments.
10. City attorney.
11. City administrator's report.
12. Staff reports.
13. Adjourn to closed meeting regarding pending litigation
Crow Wing County Board Special Meeting
Meets 1 p.m. Monday
County Board Room
1. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Interviews for county engineer position.
a. Darrell Pettis (1 p.m.)
b. Lyndon Robjent (2 p.m.)
Committee of the Whole
Crow Wing County Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
County Board Room
1. State of the Forest Product Industry Presentation Terry
2. Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Lynn Scharenbroich.
3. Pipeline Update Doug Morris.
4. Bomb Squad information Todd Dahl.
Upcoming Committee Meetings:
Monday 9 a.m. Board of Equalization: County Board Room; 1 p.m. Special county board meeting to conduct interviews for county engineer position: County Board Room; 3 p.m. Trails Subcommittee: Land Department Conference Room.
Tuesday 2:30 p.m. Joint Court Operations Committee: Crow Wing County Jail; 5 p.m. Human Rights Commission: Land Services Building Meeting Room 1; 5 p.m. Historical Committee: Crow Wing County Museum.
Wednesday 9 a.m. Central Minnesota Community Corrections Executive Committee: Central Minnesota Community Corrections Administration Office; 9:30 a.m. Emergency Preparedness: Brainerd Fire Hall; 2 p.m. Benefits Committee: Land Services Conference Room.
Thursday 4 p.m. Kitchigami Library Budget Committee: Pine River; 5 p.m. TCC Board of Directors: Little Falls; 5 p.m. DNR/Crow Wing County open house to review maps showing trail inventory on county and state lands and preliminary designations: Northland Arboretum; 5:15 p.m. Board of Adjustment: County Board Room; 6 p.m. Kitchigami Library Board: Pine River.
Friday 1:00 p.m. ATV Ride: Spider Lake area.
Saturday 9 a.m. Crow Wing County Sanitary Management District Public Informational Meeting: Paul Bunyan Nature Center.
Monday, June 25 9 a.m. Thirty Lakes Watershed District Advisory Board: Thirty Lakes Watershed District Office.
Little Falls School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
Morrison County Government Center
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of allegiance.
3. Approval of agenda.
4. Public comments.
5.1 State track participants and coach.
6. Consent agenda.
6.2 Approval of prior meeting minutes.
6.3 Presentation of bills for payment.
6.4 Donation from Little Falls community Middle School parent group.
7. Reports from board members.
8. Superintendent's report.
9. Old or unfinished business.
9.1 Approval of employee-at-will contracts.
10. New business.
10.1 Coach/participant ratio recommendation.
10.2 Flyers online report and recommendations.
11. Closed session: Negotiation strategy.
Pequot Lakes School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
7. Consent agenda.
a. Accept donations.
a. Staff resignations.
b. Child care leave request.
c. Staff contracts.
10. New business.
a. Resolution to waive reserved revenue for staff development.
b. Schools Safety. Committee recommendations.
c. Planned service agreement with Johnson Controls.
d. John Lueck memorials.
3. Pay equity implementation report.
f. Shared ECSE staff position.
g. request for proposals for audit services.
h. Approval of 2007-2008 budget.
i. Literacy collaborative.
11. Announcements and meeting dates.
a. Set board work session.
b. Upcoming meeting dates
June 25 - 3:30 p.m. curriculum; 4:30 p.m. Long-range planning.
July 2 - 3:30 p.m. Building and Grounds.
July 9 - 3:30 p.m. Personnel; 4:30 p.m. Finance.
July 16 - 7 p.m. Regular board meeting.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.