Meets 7:30 p.m.
1 Call to order.
2 Roll call.
3 Pledge of Allegiance.
4 Consent calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on June 4 and correction to minutes of the regular meeting held on May 21 as distributed.
B Approval of licenses recommended by city administrator Vogt,
1. Contractor s licenses - 1 new.
2. Contractor s Licenses 3 Renewals
C. Department Reports
1. Mayor s report of activities distributed to council
2. Finance Director s report distributed to mayor and council.
D. Temporary on sale liquor license extension of premises
application submitted by the Fraternal Order of the Eagles 287
124 Front Street Brainerd for an event to be held on July 4.
124 Front Street Approval of
E. Mr. Shawn Strong Engineering Department GIS tech complete six month employment probation effective June 11 - Recommended by City Engineer Hulsether - Approval of.
F. Mutual aid agreement law enforcement adopt resolution.
G. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Premise Permit Application submitted by the Lakes Area Senior Activity Center to conduct lawful gambling at the Lakes Area Senior Activity Center 803 Kingwood Street. Brainerd - Adopt Resolution - Approval of.
H. Transfer of funds recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
General Fund to Airport Fund $12,133
I. Approval of bills recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Unfinished business.
A. Request for reconsideration rezoning from R-2/ R-3 to B-2 117 Gillis Avenue - Ms. Kim Roth.
B. Capital Funding request determine items to be included in
application to State of Minnesota.
C. Former fire station senior center improvements/city hall space needs analysis study.
D. Public hearing final reading Ordinance No. 1305 rural service district.
E. Brainerd Oaks project expenses bond issue and TIF amendment.
6. New business.
A. Future Brainerd growth proposal.
B. Special session resolution consideration of.
7. Planning Commission.
A. Variance - 1522 Laurel Street - Cary and Stacy Deason.
B. Variance - 524 South 9th Street - Beverly Bosch.
C. Rezoning from I-1 to B 4 - Highway 210 - city of Brainerd.
D. Conditional Use Permit - 804 Oak Street, Washington Administration Building ISD No 181.
E. Conditional Use Permit - 1001 Kingwood Street, Franklin Art Center, ISD No 181.
F. Final plat - Brainerd Industrial Park -1st addition.
G. Annexation -14932 Riverside Drive - Scott and Kari Christiansen.
H. Recommendation on utility service to properties on the
south side of Washington Street between 8th and Kingwood.
8. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
A - Mayor.
B - City attorney.
C - City administrator.
D - City engineer.
E - City planner.
F - Police chief.
G - Finance director.
10. Council committee reports.
A. Safety and Public Works Committee.
B. Personnel and Finance Committee.
C. Other committees.
11. Committee recommendations recommended by Mayor Wallin.
12 Call for applicants.
A Charter Commission one 4 year term to expire Jan. 1, 2011.
B Planning Commission one term to expire Jan. 1, 2010.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 4:30 p.m. Monday
1. Former fire station senior center improvements and city hall space needs analysis update.
2. Improvement 05-19 - Washington Street storm sewer adoption of a resolution awarding bids.
3. Improvement 05-06 post office angle parking
4. Request to pave within NW 6th Street right-of-way -Hamad.
5. Noise Testing
6. Rental housing code fee schedule resolution.
7. Improvement 05-28 downtown improvements RFP scope of work.
8. NW 2nd Street north of James Street.
9. Request for street closure SEBRA s National Night Out .
10. Deferred assessment, 117 Gillis Avenue.
11. Assessment deferments.
12. Sidewalk improvement assessment percentage
13. Improvement petitions , Sept. 1 deadline.
14. Rental registration status establish late fee.
15. Petition to vacate alley in Block 36 ISD 181.
16. Improvement 05 18 Beaver Dam Road Change Order No 2 .
17. Request from Oak Lawn Township resurfacing of Two Mile Road.
18. Request for rezoning reconsideration, 117 Gillis Avenue Ms. Kim Roth
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets at 6:30 p.m.
1. Library Board various issues discussion of.
2. Revolving Loan Fund Application - Range Printing EDA recommends approval as presented.
3. Brainerd Oaks Project Expenses Bond Issue and TIF amendment.
4 MN Hockey Camps contract.
5. Industrial Park lot pricing EDA recommends to increase the price from $20,000 to $24,000 acre plus assessments.
6. Peddler solicitor or transient merchant license - Discuss license fee.
7. Mr. Shawn Strong - Engineering Department GIS Tech - Complete six month employment probation effective June 11 - Recommended by City Engineer Hulsether - Approval of.
8 . Other.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.