Here is your shopping list for summer style from the June 20 issue of Family Circle magazine:
1. Frilly Dress. Ruffled skirt edges are ultra-feminine.
2. Bare Slide. Backless sandals abound in brilliant hues, enhanced with everything from beads to embroidery. Slip on a mule, thong or strappy sandal.
3. Cropped Pants. Capris, cut to the calf, are this summer's must-have.
4. Slim Swimsuit. Try a figure-friendly tankini.
5. Straw Hat. Is there anything more flattering than a wide-brimmed hat? Plus: You'll protect your hair and skin from the sun.
6. Blouson Jacket. A relaxed alternative to the classic jean jacket features a drawstring bottom.
7. Tunic Top. A roomy V-neck tunic replaces a basic white shirt. Side vents give it a pulled-together feeling over pants or a skirt.
8. Long Skirt. An ankle-length skirt looks lovely; no pantyhose necessary.
9. Beaded Sweater. A cardigan with three-quarter sleeves looks great with a scattering of sequins that add sparkle in a trendy -- but still tasteful -- touch.
10. Fringed Shawl. Serves as a light wrap or evening accessory.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.