1. Roll call.
2. Delegations, petitions, communications.
3. Approval of minutes
Regular school board, May 12.
4. Consent calendar.
Claims and accounts.
Certified staff resignations
Dan Dissell (presently on leave) - effective May 24.
Shirley Lintner-Phy Ed, Lincoln - effective end of 2007-08.
Kathleen Westafer-SpEd/Title 1, Lincoln-effective end of 2007-08.
Ruth Zauhar-Kgn-effective Oct. 15.
New Certified Staff
Richard Aulie-Kgn, Riverside-effective 2008-09 school year.
Wendy Becker-Kgn, Lowell-effective 2008-09 school year.
Erica Bordwell-Kgn, Riverside-effective 2008-09 school year.
Robyn Hummer-SpEd, Riverside-effective 2008-09.
Joseph Koman-Kgn, Nisswa-effective 2008-09 school year.
Anna Paulson-7th grade reading, FV-effective 2008-09 school year.
Jacqueline Reinke-Kgn, Nisswa-effective 2008-09 school year.
Heather Wagner-Kgn, Baxter-effective 2008-09 school year.
Non-teaching employee resignations
Darlene Hastings-Cook, S. Campus-effective Sept. 1.
Luke Hines-Custodian, Whittier-effective May 20.
James Norwood-Custodian, BHS-effective May 28.
New non-teaching employees
Kyle Edwards-computer hardware/software technician-8 hours/day/12 months, $33,000/yr - effective May 27.
Terminations (presently on leave) effective June 30.
5. New business
1. Building trades house bid sale.
2. Minnesota Rural Education Association (MREA)-Membership 2008-2009.
1. Alumni/homecoming update - Todd Lyscio.
2. Moving update - Furniture/equipment distribution - Earl Wolleat.
3. Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) - Lew Hudson.
4. MnCOLA (MN Collaborative Online Learning - Ruth Gmeinder (becomes "Infinity" on July 1).
5. School board member reports - general.
6. Superintendent's report - Jerry Walseth.
7. Director of Business Services' Report - Steve Dickinson.
1. Building committee - Reed Campbell.
2. Curriculum/student activities committee - Ruth Gmeinder (meeting June 9, 6:15 p.m.)
3. Finance/insurance committee - Bob Nystrom (met May 29).
4. Long Range Planning Committee - Ruth Nelson.
6. Personnel committee - Kent Montgomery.
Crow Wing County Board
1. Call to Order and Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Open forum.
3. Review and approve May 20 committee of the whole minutes.
4. Review and approve May 23 special county board minutes.
5. Review and approve May 27 regular county board minutes.
6. Review and approve May 29 special county board minutes.
7. Review and approve June 10 county board meeting agenda.
8. Approve consent agenda.
8.1. Destruction of Records - County administrator's office.
8.2. Donation - Brainerd Lakes Chamber.
8.3. Premises gambling permit - Platte Lake Property Owners' Association.
8.4. 2008 tobacco license renewal.
8.5. 2008 3.2 percent malt liquor license renewal.
8.6. 2008 On-sale and Sunday liquor license renewals.
8.7. First-half 2008 appropriations.
9. Miscellaneous business.
9.2. Committee reports.
9.3. Additional business.
10. Emergency management director
10.1. Outdoor warning sirens and severe weather update.
11. County health department.
11.1. Initiative Foundation grant.
11.2. SJMC Foundation grant for dental varnishing.
11.3. Early childhood screening contract agreement - Pequot Lakes School District No. 186.
12. Public hearing - Issuance of revenue notes for Brainerd Lakes Integrated Health Systems.
13. Public hearing - Amendment to ordinance regulating liquor licenses in Crow Wing County related to restrictive hours of patrons, employees and consumption.
14. County engineer.
14.1. Purchase of highway signs.
14.2. Amendment to contract for professional services for CSAH 4.
14.3. Contract for professional services for CSAH 18.
14.4. Contract for turn lane and bypass lane construction on CSAH 16.
14.5. Contract for reconstruction of CSAH 2.
14.6. Update from May 29 Transportation Advisory Committee.
15. Human services director.
15.2. RSVP tax aide statistics.
15.3. LSS annual respite/caregiver support report.
15.4. Director's report.
16. County sheriff
16.1. Acceptance of federal equipment grant for July 1 to Sept. 15.
16.2. Out of state school request.
16.3. Donation of Unit 890 to Community Corrections - Drug Court.
16.4. Adoption of prisoner transport fee schedule.
16.5. Disposal of transportation van.
17. Land services director.
17.1. Land commissioner.
17.1.1. Adopt county forest roads.
17.1.2. Consideration of direct sale of non-conforming tract.
17.1.3. Receive appraisal/authorize payment - Ludenia.
17.1.4. Set sale price - Authorize sale - City of Deerwood.
18. Human resources director.
18.1. Hiring requests.
18.1.1. Social services - Case aide replacement.
18.1.2. Treasurer - Chief deputy treasurer replacement.
18.2. Initiative Foundation grant for AMC Futures Leadership Program training.
18.3. County administrator offer of employment.
19. Leadership team report.
20. Other board activities
20.1. The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
5 p.m. Monday - Housing and Redevelopment Authority: Land Services Building, Land Department Conference Room.
4:30 p.m. Tuesday - Kitchigami Library Board: Pine River.
8:30 a.m. Wednesday - Rollie Johnson Natural and Recreational Area Joint Powers Board: Ideal Township Hall.
4:30 p.m. Wednesday - Parks and Trails Advisory Committee: Land Services Building, Land Department Conference Room.
9 a.m. Thursday - Rural Healthcare Summit: The Lodge, Brainerd.
5 p.m. Thursday - Planning Commission: Land Services Building, Meeting Room 2.
Noon Friday - Midwest Medical Examiner's Office County Consortium Meeting: Ramsey City Hall.
3 p.m. Friday - Quotes due - forest trail mowing: Land Services Building, Land Department.
9 a.m. June 16 - Board of Equalization: Historic Courthouse, County Board Room.
3 p.m. Monday, June 16 - 3:00 p.m. - Personnel Committee: Historic Courthouse, Human Resources Conference Room
For more information, call 824-1067.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.