AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY Marcie Larsen 829-6212, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Office Help Answer phones, office work, computer work, help with mailings, etc. Flexible hrs. 4 hours per week M-F.
* 2004 Pink Ribbon Golf Tournament Helper - Looking for individuals to provide assistance in all phases of planning and preparing for a 2004 Pink Ribbon Golf Tournament. You do not need to be a golfer or have any previous experience. All talents and skills will be utilized.
* Non-smoking advocate Volunteers needed to help develop a youth smoking prevention program. Attend monthly meetings and help other team members plan smoking prevention activities for school age children. Call Stephanie 218-824-1079.
AMERICAN RED CROSS OF NORTHERN LAKES AREA CHAPTER Pat Charlson and Peggy Taylor 829-4004
* Teach youth classes Safe on My Own (a program for latch key kids), BAT (basic first aid training for kids K-3), and FACT (first aid for children 8-10 years old).
* Family Caregiver instructor For adults that are caring for someone in their home with a disability such as Alzheimer's, dementia, or a loved one that has physical limitations.
* Health and Safety instructors
BETHANY GOOD SAMARITAN Illa Hines 825-2505
* Resident Bowling Helpers Monday nights
* Chapel Escorts needed Tuesdays from 10:45 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
* Hair Care Escorts Thursday from 9 a.m. 12 noon. Substitutes are needed for other days.
* Men's Lodge Helpers Tuesdays at 4 p.m.
* Monthly Birthday Party Helpers 2nd Wednesday of the month from 1:30 p.m. 3:00 p.m.
* Dining Room Host During 7:30 a.m. breakfast
* Substitute helpers for Bingo on M-W-F and bowling, twice monthly.
BRAINERD PUBLIC LIBRARY Wendy Lee 829-5574, email@example.com
* Library Aide -- Shelve books and other library materials. 2 hrs per day or week.
BRAINERD REGIONAL HUMAN SERVICES CENTER Carol Rose 828-2420, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Canteen Room volunteer Assist in the Canteen ( because of licensing must be over 21). Your choice of day: Mondays 1:30 p.m. 4:00 p.m., Tuesdays & Wednesdays 11:30 a.m. 1:30 p.m., Thursdays 1:30 p.m. 4:00 p.m., Fridays 11:30 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
* Sewers Sew aprons. Sewing can be done at the center or in your own home.
* Donation Room volunteer Open the donation room for patients once a week for 11_ hours. Organize the room and remove clothing that is in poor condition. Any day, Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
BRAINERD SALVATION ARMY
* Receptionist Need someone to answer phone and give out information in a professional manner, address envelopes or other clerical work that can be done at the reception desk. Monday through Friday 8 a.m. 4 p.m. flexible. Call Bonnie or Deb 829-1120
* Thrift store associate If you are ready for an exciting volunteer opportunity at a clean, well-run, high traffic thrift store, then we have the volunteer position for you! We are in need of donation sorters, sales floor organizers and displayers. Call Sue or Sherry 218-822-3559
BREATH OF LIFE Judy Blocker 822-3296 or email@example.com
* Program Assistant Assist with crafts, music, storytelling, reading, making cookies, clean-up, serving "goodies" and beverages. Answer the phone, assist elderly participants with coats and hats, walkers, canes and wheelchairs. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. Hours and days are flexible.
BRIDGES OF HOPE Tami Lucek 218-825-7682
* Office Assistant Assist with clerical tasks, data collection, computer work, mailings, etc. Monday Friday. Flexible days/ hours.
CIRCLE OF PARENTS Greg Breen 822-3353
* Board member needed to serve as secretary for this prevention of child abuse organization.
CONFIDENCE LEARNING CENTER Mary Harder 828-2344, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Golf Clasic Committee member Join a team of volunteers that organize and facilitate one of camps largest fundraisers. There are projects for everyone. Through June 20.
* Fishing Classic Committee member Many hands make the job lighter so join a team of volunteers who organize and facilitate this phenomenal fundraiser held on Gull Lake. Through June 20.
* Program Assistant If you are a fun loving person who loves making a positive difference in the life of youth, we want you! Be a program assistant and look forward to helping with hayrides, animal programs, fishing, etc. Training provided.
CRISIS LINE & REFERAL SERVICE 828-4515, email@example.com
* Crisis Intervention Phone Volunteer To provide crisis information and referral services to callers and to assist them to explore their thoughts, feelings and alternatives. 24-hour hotline . Days and hours are flexible.
CROW WING COUNTY HISTORICAL MUSEUM Mary Lou 829-3268
* Museum Greeter Help out one day a week (or "on call" sub) by answering phone, greeting visitors and selling merchandise. This position has a time commitment of one day a week on Tues, Thurs or Fri from 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
CROW WING COUNTY UNITED WAY Laura 829-2619
* Special Events Coordinator Help plan United Way Special Events: Victory Celebration, Chili Cook off, and Day of Caring. Days and hours are flexible.
* Marketing Volunteer Opportunity available to be part of a marketing committee. Volunteer would be designing brochures, newspaper ads, etc. Days and hours are flexible.
CUYUNA COUNTRY HERITAGE PRESERVATION SOCIETY 218-545-1166 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Scanner and Database manager Database and scanning expertise needed. Scan and catalog historical photographs using zip drive and MS Access software.
* Typist Help with transcriptions of oral histories.
* Oral history interviewer Visit with our neighbors who have not yet given their stories in order to tape-record that family's oral history. Training is provided for this volunteer or couples who wish to work together.
* Clerical/office assistance Provide administrative support by assisting with a variety of general office tasks. Short or long term projects are available.
FOSTER GRANDPARENT/SENIOR COMPANION PROGRAM Marcia Ferris 1-877-612-6243 email@example.com
* FGP- 1:1 attention to children in schools, Headstart, shelters, pre-schools. Tax-free stipend, meals, mileage and volunteer liability insurance provided. M-F, 10-20 hours per week.
* SCP Retirees helping at-risk seniors continue living independently. Tax-free stipend, meals, mileage and volunteer liability insurance provided. M-F, 10-20 hours per week.
GIRL SCOUTS LAND OF LAKES COUNCIL Monica Husen 828-3515, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Co-leader needed to help with troop activities, volunteers to drive or teach a skill. 1.5 hours per week.
* Troop Helper Help teach girls a skill, drive for an event or just be an extra person to help at meetings. Hours vary.
HEARTLAND ANIMAL RESCUE TEAM (H.A.R.T.) Linda 829-4141 email@example.com
* Volunteer coordinator - Coordinate and manage volunteer hours and assist in overseeing projects.
HOME HEALTH PARTNERSHIP Danna Potter, LSW 218-927-5547 or 1-800-698-2311, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Hospice Chaplain Provide spiritual support to hospice patients in their own homes. The volunteer chaplain and patient determine days and hours. Approximately 4-6 hours a month.
* Mentor Spend 2-3 hours each week with a child doing everyday activities in your home or at community events. After school or weekends. We are in need of 30 adult mentors. Pam 829-4606, Jean 568-4015, Rebecca 546-7308
LAKES AREA HABITAT FOR HUMANITY Kevin or Laurie 828-8517 www.lakesareahabitat.org
* Retail/ReStore volunteers Help organize donated building materials and items for re-sale. Assist with customer sales and service, pricing and processing materials during shopping hours.
* Office Work Answer phones and take messages. Assist with photo copying, faxing, filing and mailings.
* Construction All experience levels are welcome!
LAKES AREA SENIOR ACTIVITY CENTER Wayne Holtmeyer 829-9345
* Receptionist Answer phones and greet people. 4 hour shifts. Choose from morning 8:30 a.m. 12:30 p.m. or afternoon 12:30 p.m. 4:00 p.m.
* Bingo Caller Call bingo games for seniors once a month. Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. 3:00 p.m.
* Donut Helper Fry, mix and frost donuts on Thursdays from 4:00 a.m. done.
* Program Planner Help plan and organize programs such as bus trips, day travel, parties, and dances. Hours flexible.
LSS SENIOR NUTRITION PROGRAM Nancy Henke 824-6026
* Kitchen help and drivers Families or individuals of any age are needed to help with the Lakes Area Senior Activity Center's Senior Citizen Meal Program. Volunteers are needed in the kitchen and to deliver Meals on Wheels. We will work with your schedule.
MADD, CROW WING COUNTY Pat Bluth 828-5055
* Helpers needed at our County Fair Booth, Victim Impact Panel, Health Fairs, and Newsletter Creativity. We also need recruits for board members.
NISSWA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Teresa or Linda 218-963-2620 email@example.com
* 2004 Annual Turtle Race - Committee members are needed to help plan and implement this event. Meet every Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. behind the Chamber building.
* "Nisswa Open" golf tournament Volunteers will be needed to help with events throughout day for this fifth annual golf tournament. June 28.
* Freedom Day Celebration Volunteers will be needed for a variety of tasks throughout the day (i.e., crowd control, judges, parade line-up, etc). July 3.
NORTHLAND ARBORETUM Kay LaFrance 218-829-8770 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Information Desk Positions Enjoy the Arboretum's beautiful new building. For a few hours/week. This is a fun position that involves answering the phone and greeting visitors at the Northland Arboretum. Flexible schedule.
OFFICE OF OMBUDSMAN FOR OLDER MINNESOTANS Jane Brink 825-2005
* Volunteer Advocate - Friendly visiting and problem solving for nursing home and assisted living residents. Orientation and ongoing training is provided. 800-657-3591. 6 hrs per month.
PARENT MENTOR PROGRAM Kathy Kinder-Goble 839-4485
* Male Parent Mentor Provide positive parenting role models. Offer a dependable supportive relationship to moms and dads struggling with parenting concerns. Hours are flexible.
PAUL BUNYAN NATURE LEARNING CENTER Sarah 829-9620 PBNLC@hotmail.com
* Office Assistant Greet visitors, answer questions about the center, assist with newsletter, filing and other office duties.
* Maintenance Perform inside maintenance.
* Gardener Assist with planting, weeding and pruning.
* Outside Maintenance - Perform simple repairs, painting of equipment and assist with maintenance of the trails.
RESPITE & CAREGIVER SUPPORT PROGRAM Bridget Allen 218-692-1964, email@example.com
* Respite Worker Provide safety and companionship for someone age sixty or older experiencing chronic health problem(s), so that his/her primary caregiver can take a break. Flexible days and hours with at least four hours monthly, requested.
RSVP VOLUNTEER SERVICES Volunteer Services Hotline 824-1345
* RSVP Volunteer Services is a proud supporter of over seventy-five different non-profit organizations, some of which are listed on this opportunities page. If you have any questions, or you're interested in other volunteer opportunities, please give us a call. We would love to have you on the volunteer team.
SPECIAL OLYMPICS MINNESOTA Betsy Voss, 1-800-783-7732 x65 or 612-604-1265, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Area Sports Coordinator Work with other volunteers to ensure quality sports competitions for Special Olympics Minnesota Area 5. Sports offered include: Baseball, Swimming, Track & Field, and Bowling. Position includes coordination of events and assisting already placed Competition Management in the implementation of Special Olympics Minnesota's policies and procedures. Times vary depending on season. 5-15 hours per week.
ST JOSEPH'S MEDICAL CENTER Sara or Deb 828-7610 email@example.com
* Data Entry Enter data into computer. 4 hour shift with your choice of day.
* Receptionist -- Receptionist for Endo., Greet patients, answer phones, and put charts together. Friday 11:30 a.m. 3:30 p.m.
* Clerk/Filer Filing and alphabetizing of files. Choose your own hours and days.
TRILLIUM ASSISTED LIVING Jason 828-4823
* Companion Take residents on one-on-one outings (out for coffee, to senior centers, etc.).
* Escort Accompany residents to doctor appointments.
* Friendly visitor Be a friend, play cards, games or just talk.
WOMEN'S CENTER OF MID MN Julie Guth 828-1216 firstname.lastname@example.org
* Receptionist Answer phone, log and route calls, take messages, answer door and greet residents and visitors. M-F, 2-4 hrs a week. Daytime hours available. Snowbirds welcome! (one year commitment is asked)
* Grant Writer The center is looking for a volunteer to help with funding resources. If you have experience with grant writing, this is the position for you.
WOODLAND GOOD SAMARITAN VILLAGE 829-1429
ASSISTED LIVING (contact Carol)
* Activities Assistant Help with special events, setting up, serving, visiting, crafts, baking and cards.
* Volunteer Driver Tuesday morning and/or Thursday evenings drive residents to and from doctor appointments using company vehicle.
CONGREGATE LIVING (contact Lana)
* Office Assistant Assist staff with over flow office work. Flexible, weekdays, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
NURSING HOME (contact Gina)
* Dining Room Host/Hostess Flexible day/s 11:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m. Greet residents, pass clothing protectors, pour beverage, serve meals and visit with residents.
* Happy Hour Host/Hostess Weekdays 2:30 p.m. 3:30 p.m. except Tuesday & Wednesday. Greet and visit with residents, serve refreshments and maintain a clean dining room.
YOUTH AND FAMILY MENTORING Grace Salie 828-4399
* Mentors Mentoring youth ages 11-17 years. Youth are typically referred through social service or probation. Mentors provide positive role modeling, tutoring, recreational activities, etc. Flexible after-school hours.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.