1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Consent calendar.
A. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on May 16.
B. Approval of 2005 licenses Recommended by City Administrator Vogt.
1. Contractor's licenses 6 new.
2. Contractor's licenses 1 renewal.
3. Bulk gasoline 1 renewal.
4. Filling stations 11 renewals.
5. Off-sale beer licenses 8 renewals.
6. On-sale beer licenses 1 new.
7. On-sale beer licenses 3 renewals.
C. Department records.
1. Mayor's report of activities.
2. Fire chief's report of activities.
D. Ms. Joy Larson Police officer completed one year employment probation effective June 1 Recommended by Police Chief Bolduc and City Administrator Vogt.
E. Mr. Cory Zelen and Mr. Dennis Howard Hired to the position of paid on-call firefighter, effective June 7 recommended by Fire Chief Underhill.
F. Mr. Jeff Innes Retirement as paid on-call firefighter acceptance of with regret effective May 16 and authorize severance pay recommend mayor begin process to refill position.
G. Mr. Bruce A. London Retirement as police officer Acceptance of with regret effective July 20, and authorize severance pay recommend mayor begin process to refill position.
H. Extension of lease No. PS0196 between the State of Minnesota, Department of Administration and the City of Brainerd for 4800 square feet in north parking lot at civic center for motorcycle skill test course effective Sept. 30, 2005 through Sept. 30, 2007 approval of.
I. Temporary on-sale 3.2 percent malt beverage (beer) license application Submitted by Tropical Nights Bar, Inc. for a fundraiser for the Red Cross to be held on June 18 at Tropical Nights Bar, Inc. 718 Laurel Street Approval of.
J. Temporary on-sale 3.2 percent malt beverage (beer) license application Submitted by Ramada Inn and Buffalo Creek for an event to be held on June 11, at the Ramada Inn parking lot, 2115 South 6th Street, approval of.
K. Approval of bills Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
5. Presentation Mississippi Headwaters Reservoir Operating Plan Evaluation Study Update Mr. John O'Leary.
6. Unfinished business.
A. Public hearing Final reading Proposed Ordinance No. 1261 An ordinance amending Section 305 pertaining go the Advisory City Parking Commission City Administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
B. 1st Reading Proposed Ordinance No. 1262 An ordinance amending Ordinance No. 1020, Ordinance No. 1033, Ordinance No. 1051, Ordinance No. 1068, Ordinance No. 1102, Ordinance No. 1120, Ordinance No. 1150, Ordinance No. 1196, and Ordinance No. 1234 dividing the City of Brainerd into an Urban Service District and a Rural Service District City Administrator Vogt recommends dispensing with the actual reading.
C. Lively Auto property annexation Crow Wing Township proposal Staff recommendations.
D. Wastewater Treatment Facility Upgrade Financing Discussion of.
E. Eastgate Mobil Home Park closing.
7. New business.
A. Artspace/Franklin School Discussion of.
B. Transfer of on-sale and Sunday liquor licenses from Rooster Bradley Marccarelli, dba Rooster's Bar, 305 South Seventh Street, Brainerd, Minn. 56401, to Rose marie, LLC, dba O'Neary's Irish Pub, 305 South seventh Street, Brainerd, Minn. 56401 Effective June 7 to June 30 Contingent upon background investigation Discussion of.
C. On-sale and Sunday liquor license renewal for Rose Marie, LLC, dba O'Neary's Irish Pub, 305 South Seventh Street, Brainerd, Minn. 56401 Effective July 1, 2005, to June 30, 2006.
D. Minnesota Lawful Gambling License Application Submitted by Brainerd Lions Club, 14319 Shoreview Drive, Baxter, Minn. 56425 for activities at O'Neary's Irish Pub, 305 south Seventh Street, Brainerd, Minn. 56401 Adoption of resolution Discussion of.
E. Tobacco license application Submitted by Rose Marie, LLC, dba O'Neary's Irish Pub, 305 Seventh Street, Brainerd, Minn. 56401 Effective June 7 to Dec. 31 Discussion of.
F. Construction standards Discussion of.
8. Public forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the council. Time limits may be imposed.
B. City attorney.
C. City administrator.
D. City engineer.
E. City planner.
F. Fire chief.
10. Council committee reports.
A. Personnel and Finance Committee.
B. Safety and Public Works Committee.
C. Other committees.
11. Committee recommendations Recommended by Mayor Wallin.
A. Character Initiative Committee Ms. Bonnie K. Cumberland.
12. Call for applicants.
A. Cable Advisory Board One four-year term to expire Jan. 1, 2009.
B. Library Board One term to expire Jan. 1, 2006.
C. Character Initiative Committee.
Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 5:45 p.m. Monday
1. Construction standards.
2. 815 Second Avenue Northeast.
3. 906 Twelfth Street Southeast.
4. Downtown banner and lights contact person.
5. Dumpster at 809 Seventh Street South.
6. Street closure request Tropical Nights.
7. Street closure request Last Turn.
8. Dial-A-Ride bids.
9. Request from school district.
10. Request from Arboretum.
11. Sanitary sewer easement.
12. Lot 1, Block 1, Thiesse Industrial Park.
13. Vision obstruction.
14. Use of public Right-of-Way.
Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets at 6 p.m. Monday
1. BAHA/Arena Lease Discussion of.
2. Post office parking.
3. Hirings Mr. Cory Zeien and Mr. Dennis Howard to the position of paid on-call firefighter, effective June 7 Recommended by Fire Chief Underhill.
4. Mr. Bruce A. London Retirement as police officer Acceptance of with regret Effective July 29, and authorize severance pay Recommend mayor begin process to refill position.
5. Conditional offer of employment to John Davis Police officer effective July 11 Recommended by Police Chief Bolduc.
6. Proposals for Boundary Survey/Wetland Delineation Industrial Park expansion.
7. Range Taxi Service license Discussion of.
8. Community Action/4th of July requests.
Mosquito spraying/lower site.
SCORE funding/garbage removal.
9. Repair/replacement of stone pillars along East River Road.
10. Building inspector position Discussion of.
11. Wastewater Treatment Facility upgrade financing Discussion of.
Crow Wing County meetings:
Monday 8 a.m. Association of Minnesota Counties District V Spring District meeting, Morrison County Government Center; 4:30 p.m. Human Rights Forum, Franklin School.
Tuesday 8 a.m. Building and Grounds Committee and CAM (Core Planning Group), CAM; 9:30 a.m. Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission, Airport Conference Room; 6:30 p.m. Smoke-Free Public Information meeting, Forestview Middle School.
Wednesday 3:30 p.m. Countywide Transit Committee, Commissioners' Room; 5:30 p.m. Parks Advisory Commission, Airport Conference Room.
Thursday 2 p.m. Open bids SAP 18-602-23 (CSAH 2), Commissioner's Room; 2:10 p.m. Open bids CP 18-043-02 (CSAH 43) and CP 18-170-01 (Mapleton Road), Commissioner's Room; 2:20 p.m. Open bids Sale of Crow Wing County Highway Department maintenance garage in Pequot Lakes, Commissioners' Room; 2:30 p.m. Open quotes, roadside spraying, Commissioner's Room; 5 p.m. Planning Commission, Service Building Meeting Room 1.
Monday, June 13 1 p.m. Extension Committee, Service Building Meeting Room 1; 5 p.m. Crow Wing County Housing and Redevelopment Authority, County Administrator's Office.
Little Falls School Board
Meets 7 p.m. Monday, Business meeting 4:30 p.m.
Commissioners' Board Room
Work Session 4:30 p.m.
W1. Follow up discussion re: Expenditure of capital funds on "Cannery Building (re 2005-2006 capital budget.)
W2. Approval of 2005-2006 budget.
W3. Recommendations of district's Insurance Advisory Committee re: 2005-2006 renewal period.
Business meeting 7 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Approve agenda.
4.1 Commander's Award for Public Service.
4.2 Morrison County Historical Society.
5. Approval of 2005-06 budget.
6. Recommendations of district's Insurance Advisory Committees re: 2005-06 renewal period.
7. Reinstatement of two teachers Jaci Fritz and Jeremy Stadum.
8. Board of Education retreat June 28.
9. Update on May 19 Teddy Bear Band kindergarten event.
10. Consent agenda
10.1.3 Extended leave of absence.
10.2 Approval of minutes.
10.3 Approval of bills.
11. Future agenda items.
11.1 Committee to address district's student activities program.
11.2 Referendum Oversight Committee and process.
11.3 District goal-setting process.
11.4 Sale of Aid Anticipation Certificates.
11.5 Update on the CIA process.
11.6 Update on the Comprehensive School Reform Grant Applications.
12. Public comments.
13. Reports from board members.
14. Superintendent's report.
Cass County Board of Commissioner's
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioner's Board Room
1. Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda.
2. Robert Yochum County Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Approve Teamsters Local #346 Memorandum of Understanding 12 hours shifts and overtime.
c. Approve Teamsters Local #320 Memorandum of Understanding-post retirement health care savings plan.
3. Norm Moody Land Commissioner.
a. Approve resolution on LCMR Grant.
b. Authorize transfer of easement Shingobee Twp. to David and Teri Gapinski.
c. Authorize 66 ft. easement (Trelipe Twp.) owners in plat of Trelipe Shores, Trelipe Estates.
4. John O'Leary - US Army Corps of Engineers.
a. Presentation of ROPE (Reservoir Operating Plan Evaluation) study.
5. Dorothy Opheim HHVS Director.
a. Child Placement costs for April, 2005 in the amount of $213,326.
b. Lutheran Social Services Senior Nutrition Annual Report Beth Rollie.
c. Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation for the late Joe Haney, Senior Transportation Driver (Pat Butler
to accept on behalf of his family).
d. Cass County Urgent Care/Critical Access Hospital Planning Group Report John Warren
6. Steve Kuha - Assessor.
a. Approve abatements.
b. County Board of Equalization update.
c. Legislative update.
7. Public Hearing - 1 st Reading of Ordinance 2005-02 amending the Land Use Ordinance.
8. Kris Lyytinen, Laura Hadrava Highway Engineers.
a. Resolution authorizing participation in a Grant Agreement with the DNR to repair shoulders on CSAH 58.
b. Authorization to advertise for bids for Remer Depot parking lot project.
c. Authorization to acquire right-of-way and advertise for bids for the CSAH#1/72nd Street Safety
9. Tom Emery Buildings & Grounds Supervisor.
a. Approve annual Honeywell Audit from February 2004 January 2005.
b. Accept quotes on courthouse electrical, and roofing repair.
c. Authorize RFP's for HVAC control.
10. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Establish Cass County - Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe Joint Meeting, 1:30 p.m. Monday, June 13, 2005, Northern Lights Casino/Convention Center, Walker, MN.
b. Capital Improvement work session Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 9:00 am, LEC Meeting Room, courthouse,
c. SWCD Meeting-Area 8, June 28, 2005, Deep Portage Conservation, Hackensack, MN.
d. Reschedule August 2, 2005 -Commissioner's Board Meeting starting time from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
1. Approve board minutes of May 17.
2. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 12 in the amount of $ 2,992.17.
3. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 19 in the amount of $483.28.
4. Approve Auditor warrants dated May 19 in the amount of $197,039.44.
5. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 20, in the amount of $253,753.90.
6. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 20 in the amount of $84,654.88.
7. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 26 in the amount of $17.00.
8. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 26 in the amount of $24,091.31.
9. Approve auditor warrants dated May 26 in the amount of $1,034.00.
10. Approve auditor warrants dated May 26 in the amount of $349,018.59.
11. Approve auditor warrants dated June 2 in the amount of $101,382.43.
12. Approve licenses Tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
13. Approve personnel items.
14. Receive & file Deep Portage Financial Statements for December 31, 2003 and 2004.
15. Approve sheriff's office Sentence to Serve Grant with the State of MN Joint Powers Agreement, in the amount of $56,551.50 for FY 2006-2007.
16. Refer correspondence from city of Backus on assistance in condemnation of structures within city limits to ESD.
17. Approve MIS Department trial program of on-line training at home.
18. Receive & file Children's Mental Health Grant Awards to Cass County for FY 2004 and 2005.
19. Approve transfer from General Fund to Road & Bridge Fund in the amount of $56,201.50 for defense costs relating to the KGM Lawsuit.
20. Receive & file BI-CAP (Bi-County Community Action Program) Annual Report.
21. Receive & file notice of legislative fee changes to the Civil Process Redemption ($100.00 or $20.00) and Handgun process fees ($100.00).
22. Approve Feasibility Study of Public Safety Radio inter-operability from Homeland Security Grant Counties of Itasca, Cass and Aitkin.
23. Receive & file monthly Cash Accounts Report to date, April 30, 2005 in the amount of $4,891,439.
24. Approve the out of state travel to Washington, D.C. on August 22 August 26, 2005 for HHVS Supervisor Ane Rogers.
25. Receive & file the May 19, 2005 letter from the Minnesota Department of Human Services commending the HHVS Adult Social Services Unit.
26. Approve recommendations on Early Childhood Screening and Child & Teen Checkup unit cost from the Public Health Advisory Committee.
27. Approve resolution on annual Soo Line ATV Trail Agreement in the amount of $4,500.00.
28. Approve annual land treatment of Petroleum Contaminated Soil Agreement with MPCA.
29. Approve resolution authorizing final payment for SAP 11-606-08 and SAP 11-607-09 (Boy River Bridge Replacements).
30. Receive & file Interest Income for May 2005.
31. Receive & file Region 5 Development Commission program update
32. Receive & file May 2005 Cass County EDC Activity Report.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.