Meets 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Land Department Building
1. Ribbon Cutting - Cass County Land Department building project.
2. Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion.
3. Presentation of Witham Bill.
4. Robert Yochum - county administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Final payment - Pine River Govt. Center - Barclay West Project.
c. Final payment - Cass County Land Department building project.
5. Dorothy Opheim - HHVS Director.
a. Child placement costs for April, 2007, in the amount of $260,077.
b. South Country Health Alliance/ CRMT First Quarter Report - Jamie Richter & Deb Andrews.
c. Cass County Meth Coalition final report and recognition - Merilee Payne.
d. NACO Prescription Drug Discount Card Program.
6. Norm Moody - Land Commissioner.
a. Annual tax forfeited fund settlement resolution for FY2006.
7. Continue public hearing - County road status revocation - Old County State Aid Highway #2.
8. Dave Enblom - Highway Engineer.
a. Approve resolution supporting increased federal funding for Forest Highway System program.
b. Award bid results for the sale of four (4) 1996 tandem trucks.
c. Award bid results on S.P. 1120-54(TH371) bike trail extension in Cass Lake.
9. Public hearing - Proposed Great River Energy 69 kV transmission line.
10. Jim Atkinson - MN Power.
a. Update on Bemidji-Grand Rapids 230 - kV Transmission Project.
11. Doug Sandstrom - University of MN Extension Service Committee.
a. Update on stakeholder meetings.
b. 2008 budget proposal.
12. Request to be heard - Reggie Thiel.
a. Request to utilize courthouse public meeting room - public prayer.
13. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. EMS Week Open House, North Memorial Ambulance, Saturday, beginning at 10 a.m., 5220 State Hwy. #84, Longville, MN.
b. County board work session - Destination Trails - Friday, 2 P.M., Land Department Meeting Room, Backus.
c. Board of Equalization meeting, Monday, June 18, 9 a.m., Boardroom, Crtse, Walker, MN.
d. Cass County Board meeting, Tuesday, June 19, Sylvan Township Hall, 12956 24th Ave. SW, Pillager, MN.
1. Approve board minutes of May 15.
2. Approve auditor warrants dated May 17 in the amount of $118,464.90.
3. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 18, in the amount of $294,366.45.
4. Approve HHVS warrants dated May 18, in the amount of $82,701.59.
5. Approve auditor warrants dated May 24, in the amount of $96,027.85.
6. Approve auditor warrants dated May 24 in the amount of $660,246.72.
7. Approve personnel actions.
8. Approve licenses - tobacco, 3.2 beer, liquor, gambling, etc.
9. Receive and file Bi-CAP Annual Report from May 2006 - May 2007.
10. Award quotes for carpeting/and installation to Longville Ambulance Building, not to exceed $1,100.
11. Approve letter of support to Walker Ranger District Administrative Site Project.
12. Approve lease (office space) agreement for sheriff's office with city of Pine River from July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008.
13. Approve sheriff's office application for JAG Award Grant, in the eligible amount of $44,146 with the US Dept. of Justice.
14. Approve sheriff's office application for COPS Grant with the Department of Public Safety.
15. Receive and file Pine River Area Sanitary District financial statement for FY 2005 -2006.
16. Award quotes for grading forest access trails - Bungo/Moose Lake - $1,200, Deerfield/Beuber - $1,000, and Bull Moose - $1,000.
17. Receive and file the monthly HHVS Cash Accounts Report to date, April 30, in the amount of $3,999,408.
18. Receive and file the Cass County Methamphetamine Lab Clean-up Procedure and Notification Policy.
19. Approve the Food Support Program performance bonus expenditure budget in the amount of $17,322.76.
20. Approve Cass County HHVS Debt Write-Off Policy as recommended by the HHVS Advisory Committee and reviewed by a state auditor.
21. Approve the Child and Teen Check-up Unit cost of $180 and the Early Childhood Screening for 2007-2008 school year of $320 per day as recommended by the HHVS Advisory Committee.
22. Approve home care rates as recommended by the HHVS Advisory Committee.
23. Notice of potential response and application RFP's MN Dept. of Human Services Child Safety and Permanency Division RFP, and Substance Abuse Prevention and Intervention Programs.
24. Approve out of state travel for Chief Deputy Tom Burch for National Drug Court - Washington DC, June 13-17.
25. Approve Emergency Management Mutual Aid Agreement with other counties in EMS region.
26. Approve Assessor's Office abatements.
27. Receive and file the 2006 Caregiver Support Annual Report, a service of Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota.
28. Receive and file Kitchigami Regional Library financial statement dated Dec. 31, 2006.
29. Receive and file Dept. of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) - Cass County labor market information.
30. Approve Commissioner Jim Demgen as Cass County's voting delegate at the NACo's 72nd Annual Conference - July 13 - 17, Richmond, VA.
31. Approve sheriff's office - Boat and Water Division application for MN DNR Grant to replace Gull Lake boat, in the amount of $30,447 to be used to purchase Boat - $19,000; Motor - $8,447; and Trailer - $3,000.
32. Authorize alley paving adjacent to Land Department Building, Backus, MN.
33. Receive and file correspondence from Great River Energy on proposed 115kV Transmission line from Baxter to East Gull Lake.
34. Receive and file compliance certification from MN Department of Health on Cass County HHVS re-inspections.
35. Authorize $550 to Initiative Foundation for Pine River/Backus Family Center award program.
36. Receive and file report back on zoning enforcement policy committee meeting.
37. Approve annual Minnesota State Cooperative Purchasing Venture membership renewal in the amount of $1,500 with the Materials Management Division.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.