Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room, Courthouse, Walker
1. 9 a.m. Call to order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. 9:05 a.m. Request to be heard.
a. John Smith - Ninth Judicial District Judge - Wellness Court Update.
b. Virgil Foster - Pine River Agricultural Society Fair Board.
3. 9:15 a.m. Robert Yochum - County Administrator.
a. Approve Consent Agenda.
b. Report back on 2009/2010 budget contingency plan.
c. Crow Wing County Jail Agreement Amendment No. 2.
4. 9:30 a.m. Larry Wolfe - Chief Financial Officer.
a. Ah-Gwah-Ching Grant status report.
b. Award bid on construction of sewage lift station building at Ah-Gwah-Ching.
c. Report back on time keeping survey.
5. 9:45 a.m. Josh Stevenson - Land Commissioner.
a. Approve resolution removing and replacing parcels on land exchange of May 6, 2008.
b. Approve lease agreement on Daggett Brook State Wildlife Management Area.
c. Approve Beaver Control agreement with Crooked Lake Township.
d. Approve the Great River Energy request of new easement located in Deerfield and Powers Townships.
e. Accept and award bid on Forest Resource Management Plan update.
6. 10 a.m. John Sumption - ESD Director.
a. Refer draft resource protection land use standards to the Planning Commission.
7. 10:15 a.m. Dave Enblom - Highway Engineer.
a. Receive and file Annual Report.
8. 10:30 a.m. Bob Kovanen - County Surveyor.
a. Authorize purchase of survey records from Walter Curo.
9. 10:45 a.m. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
10. 10:50 a.m. Adjourn.
1. Approve board minutes of May 19.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated May 21 in the amount of $88,685.93.
3. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated May 22 in the amount of $217,091.29.
4. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated May 22 in the amount of $80,579.12.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated May 28 in the amount of $$118,979.74.
6. Approve Auditor warrants dated May 28, 2009 in the amount of $810.
7. Approve Personnel Items - retirements, resignations, etc.
8. Approve licenses - Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
9. Approve Assessor's Office Abatements.
10. Approve amendments to the Joint Powers Agreement with the Cass Lake Rural Fire Association.
11. Receive and file monthly HHVS Cash Accounts Report to date, April 30 in the amount of $5,730,890.
12. Receive and file Child Placement costs for April in the amount of $176,090.
13. Approve HHVS non-financial agreement for Tribal Native Employment Works/MFIP Coordination Program with Leech Lake Reservation Tribal Council, effective July 1, 2008-June 30, 2011.
14. Approve increase of the fee to schools for Early Childhood Screening from $335 to $350 per day per nurse for the 2009-2010 school year.
15. Approve pay request No. M078-597 for AGC Re-Use Project to Industrial Hygiene Services Corp. in the amount of $7,275.84 (capital fund).
16. Approve date and advertisement for auctioneer services for annual Cass County Auction on Aug. 22.
17. Receive and file correspondence - MN Department of Veterans Affairs regarding summary of benefits received by veterans in Cass County.
18. Authorize Land Department to purchase seedlings from Pacific Regeneration Technologies for 2010 spring planting season.
19. Receive and file SWCD Resolution requesting MN DNR to adopt no net loss of public land acreage or value policy.
20. Accept Office of Justice Assistant Recovery Grant (2009SB-#B9-0222) in the amount of $57,967 for equipment.
21. Approve Sheriff's Office submission of the 2009 Justice Assistance Byrne Grant (JAG) in the amount of $14,090.
22. Refer liquor ordinance violations to a Committee of the Board (Commissioners Kangas, and Peterson).
23. Receive and file timber auction results dated for May 28.
Items on the Consent Agenda are reviewed in total by the County Board and may be approved through one motion. Any item of the Consent Agenda may be removed by any Commissioner for separate consideration.
Brainerd Dispatch ©2013. All Rights Reserved.